The next Joker?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did.. did you watch some different Batman films by Nolan? This is so vastly different from the ones I saw and this Riddler in the Nolanverse? Mmmyeah.

Also;

He doesn't like playing the same character a 2nd time.

Nolan just gave Batman some Steroids, Gave Joker some Peanutbutter on the top of his mouth and there you go.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/501418

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right.

Because this;

[video=youtube;SRH-Ywpz1_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I&feature=related[/video]

...is clearly the same style of film as...

[video=youtube;2KX3OriDpgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KX3OriDpgg[/video]

There's just such a big difference between all the Batman films and a lot of villains need some sort of trick to work in the realistic version of Batman that Nolan is making. I was really surprised with the way he did the Joker - in a good way. I could see Nolan having good ideas of making the Riddler work as he is not a character with "powers" per say. Maybe something similar to the Joker - a very intelligent yet disturbed man aiming to break Batman by going after the people he loves instead of beating him in a one on one fight.

Oh, and nothing like this.

I'm sorry if I seem fanboyish, I just really like the direction Nolan is taking Batman and there's just some things that I think wouldn't work in it. One of them being Jim Carrey. ;P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean Batman was acting more like The Hulk in these movies the Batman. I'm not trying to put down the movies or anything but the Joker just didn't seem like the Joker. He seemed like he was just some Psychopathic killer with not Comical stuff to his work. I mean the Pencil thing was the only thing that reminded me of the Joker. The older movies just seemed to have the Batman feel to it. These just seem like some Dark Heroes and Villains movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do I keep having a feeling that Gary Oldman would make a really good Joker..?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do I keep having a feeling that Gary Oldman would make a really good Joker..?
He might actually. I don't know who will play him if they decide to keep these movies going.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean Batman was acting more like The Hulk in these movies the Batman. I'm not trying to put down the movies or anything but the Joker just didn't seem like the Joker. He seemed like he was just some Psychopathic killer with not Comical stuff to his work. I mean the Pencil thing was the only thing that reminded me of the Joker. The older movies just seemed to have the Batman feel to it. These just seem like some Dark Heroes and Villains movie.
Well I agree Batman was a little.. stiff in the movies, but Batman itself is quite dark. I don't know if you've ever read The Killing Joke? or The Dark Knight itself? They're really dark stories and TKJ in particular show you how messed up The Joker really is.

Here he is shooting Gordon's daughter, after which he strips her naked and takes pictures of her.

This is him killing Jason Todd with a crowbar.

The first appearances of the Joker were a bit more comical and it really depends on the writer, but recently even the comics have taken the Joker in a bit of a darker direction.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea The Joker is a bit dark but the comical feel to him just didn't seem there to me. I mean he always seems like th guy who would stab someone in the back with a knife and crack a joke, saying " You shouldn't trust me.... I am a back stabber you know." or something along those lines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah but that wouldn't fit in the Nolanverse. I think the way he was portrayed in The Dark Knight was the best way to transition him from the comics to the (sort of) realistic film Nolan is making. I wouldn't have liked him in the film if every time he was on screen, he popped a corny one-liner like in the Mr. Freeze video I linked.

Jack Nicholson did, but that was a completely different kind of Batman film.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nobody can top heath? -_-, I got the feeling he only got so much attention because of the fact that you know, he killed himself before the movie was released.
Seconded. Didn't see the big deal about him, or the film. Memento, Inception, The Prestige, Dark Knight/Batman Begins, Nolan's 5 best, in that order.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea The Joker is a bit dark but the comical feel to him just didn't seem there to me. I mean he always seems like th guy who would stab someone in the back with a knife and crack a joke, saying " You shouldn't trust me.... I am a back stabber you know." or something along those lines.
Thats Joker in Batman: The Animated Series; not the comics.

It sucks that Ledger is dead as Joker could have played an integral role in redeeming Batman in the eyes of Gotham, but I'm over it. The Riddler could be good if he was played more like Jigsaw (....from Saw) than how he's typically portrayed.

Oh, and hi Ghost. <----Zeo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I guess I understand what people are saying, he's definitely not as silly as he was in the other movies, but I think that's a good thing. I still stand that he does and says plenty of silly stuff in the nolan movies, he's just a lot more subtle with it. Aside from all the stuff I mentioned in my earlier post, there's little moments like when he crashes the party at wayne manor, he takes a wine glass as he's terrorizing the crowd of people, spills it all out and takes a sip out of the empty glass. Asking them where harvey dent is becuase he "needs to talk to him about something, just something little." Or when he finally finds rachel and he says "why hello beautiful" as he fixes his tattered hair walking towards her. Or just his constant re-telling of how he got his scars always ending up being a completely different story, even though it was also very disturbing. Or how he laughs at inappropriate times.

His performance is just filled with these little nuances that really do make him quite silly, again just a much more subtle and darker silly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Zeonix!!! What's going on man? Long time...

*Back on topic*
I agree Phatslugga. And the fact that Heath did it so perfectly, I can't really see anyone topping that. Which is why I understand why the wouldn't recast him. But because the Joker played such an important role in Batman's life, I don't think they should let him go... It's an extremely hard decision. Maybe if they don't put him in the next one then try and recast him in the 4th one (if they get that far...)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I honestly wouldn't mind Mark Hamill voice acting joker while someone else plays the role. Far fetched, and rarely done (Darth Vadar), but honestly, Mark Hamill does joker so incredibly well it's scary.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lmao @ Brosiris's sig. Maj drinks epic juice everyday!

Anyway, I honestly don't even remember Mark Hamill so I will have to do some research on him so hear what he sounds like. But what actors nowadays would submit themselves to just play a role while someone else does the voice? No good actor(actress) would do it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mark Hamill does the voice of the Joker in the Animated Series as well as Arkham Asylum.

[video=youtube;_gBWpWwIBKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw&feature=related[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ohhh! I didn't know that was his name! But I got used to his voice being in the cartoon. I think it would be weird for me hearing his voice in live action though.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"-Luke, I am you father!!!
-Noooo!!!"
That's the Joker, alright.

As for Jim Carrey, he can act without goofing off and he would be good too. In that Riddler video posted above, when Jones was pointing the gun at him, I saw acting on par with what Ledger did in Batman.
In the, so called, Nolanverse I see the Riddler as a sadistic obsessive compulsive genius that is motivated by the most insignificant reasons. I would see him similar to Nolan's Joker, something like an insane fan that would start off copying the Joker and eventually grow into the Riddler.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah, I, personally, think that Mark Hamill just completely nails the voice. The only problem is, Mark Hamill, as seen in the video above, is getting way too old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPnTSvX86Dw

In case some of you haven't played the game, or seen the video, this is Mark Hamill's recent take at doing the voice of Joker, and I think it's flawless. I don't expect them to do a voice over acting in a live action movie, but if he managed to pull it off, his voice would win emmy's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a lot of people, Mark Hamill is The Joker and Kevin Conroy is Batman. I liked Bale's Batman as a character, but the voice was just overacting in my opinion.

Also, Viper, that's the only take on the Riddler that would make sense in the Nolanverse. And I think they could pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom