The next Joker?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just re-watched The Dark Knight and was thinking... if they were to do another batman movie, who would they get to play the Joker? I honestly think that no one could top Heath, but at the same time, I don't want them to toss the Joker to the side. They can't kill him off either because Batman and the Joker had a looooong run. So what are your opinons on who the next Joker should be?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was thinking about him too! But I'm not too certain if his voice would be any good for the part. But as far as the acting goes, I would go with Depp

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cmon guys we want a good Actor.

I would want Jack Nicholson back. The Joker sucked in the Dark Knight to me. He was nothing but a killer. No art or hilarity to his stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well Heath captured the darker part of the Joker and I felt that he did a good job on that aspect. You're right though, there should have been more hilarity to it but who knows, they could have added that in the next movie if Heath were still alive (R.I.P.). But this is where I think that Depp would step up. He knows how to be funny and cynical. Jack is waaay too old to be playing the Joker now lol

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess Johnny Depp is a good candidate, yeah. I like him as an actor.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is your man (looks wise anyways lol). Even though he was rumored to play the Riddler last month, I think they skipped him.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the next movie will be about the Riddler though. Jim Carrie all the way. He did it perfect in the older Batman movie.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is your man (looks wise anyways lol). Even though he was rumored to play the Riddler last month, I think they skipped him.
100% agreed. Joseph may be a good joker yes, but I also would pick Robert Kneeper, hes a really bad ass looking guy..
And Crispin Glover as the two face...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Christopher Nolan said:
The director of the Dark Knight reiterates no Joker in Batman 3...
Batman 3 is moving forward, but the Joker won't return. As previously interviewed, Christopher Nolan reiterates no Joker in Batman 3.

"For me, Heath was the definitive Joker," Nolan said in an interview to promote "Inception," his sci-fi thriller opening Friday. "It wouldn't feel appropriate to readdress that character."

Ledger died of an accidental prescription drug overdose in January 2008.

No news on who is the villain yet.

Batman 3 is set to come to theaters July 20th 2012.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Destroyer14/news/?a=19979

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cmon guys we want a good Actor.

I would want Jack Nicholson back. The Joker sucked in the Dark Knight to me. He was nothing but a killer. No art or hilarity to his stuff.
Ok, comon, no hilarity or art? How about the hospital scene where his detonator doesn't work? How about the opening scene with the grenade attached to a thread of his suit which unravels as he walks away? The pencil trick? There was hilarity with what he did, just that it was twisted and dark. A side of the joker that we haven't really seen on film before, and I can say that I prefered much over just the plain silly joker.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed, the Joker that Nolan created was absolutely perfect for his Batman universe. Jack Nicholson was easily the worst Joker if you ask me. A pudgy, overweight mob boss? No thank you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jim Carrey doesn't fit in the Nolanverse. At all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He does as the Riddler. He was perfect for it.

[video=youtube;CnHO0LdJ4Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnHO0LdJ4Ck[/video]

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eddie Murphy, Jackie Chan? Don't worry I'm not serious.

Ledger definitely captured the darker side of the Joker, I don't think someone will be able to take the role for a while. Mr Freeze would be interesting, especially one similar to the 90's cartoon rendition.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I understand why Nolan wouldn't want to readdress the Joker in the next Batman installment, but they cant just toss him aside. The Joker played a very important roll in Batman's life so i think they would have to re-cast him eventually. Jim Carrey would play a great riddler again but since Origin's reference said there will be no Joker in the next Batman, I think Johnny Depp would play him better.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nobody can top heath? -_-, I got the feeling he only got so much attention because of the fact that you know, he killed himself before the movie was released.

jacks joker was the bomb diggity lol,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He does as the Riddler. He was perfect for it.

[video=youtube;CnHO0LdJ4Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnHO0LdJ4Ck[/video]
Did.. did you watch some different Batman films by Nolan? This is so vastly different from the ones I saw and this Riddler in the Nolanverse? Mmmyeah.

Also;

Carrey has stated that he finds the prospect of reprising a character to be considerably less enticing than taking on a new role.[18] The only time he has reprised a role was with Ace Ventura.
He doesn't like playing the same character a 2nd time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom