The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
its my map and that problem is fixed now >_>
:eek: Weally ?

My apolagies if you feel offended :p

Anyway, what happened then ? I'd just like to know. And more thing, when i checked out esf-world, i saw a river running underneath the cell arena in a screenie, does this have something to do with this same thing ?

Best answers
I dont know why but first they released the Beta 1.2 outline, then few months later they released the 1.2 user manual, then there's the tests with the game, then the 1.2 preview with pics and videos and finally the game background...if they have all these stuff ready then wheres the game itself?? lol

Best answers
Quick Suggestion for telekinises...right now the rocks are all on the same horizontal plane,,,,,itd look kinda cool if they were staggered a little...some high some low. It would look a little more random and cool..but thats just a little thing. Looks awesome. That was an excellent preview with some great pics.

And theyre just workin out smallo kinks gears. Longer we wait, the more polished the game is.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ok, guys, please. Asking when the mod is coming out isn't helping it speed up. It's almost done, it's been said before. >_>

Guys, please don't say the thread is pointless and what not..:(

Keep on topic and I will be sure to email you all a nice cupcake. :)

Best answers
First of all you cannot email actualy object through the net (not in 2004 at least) second, using an actual screenshot from the game for the mods background isn't a really good idea...third, he is asking about what you think about the news and the preview...I wonder why people can have replies like this "man ESF 1.2 is going to be the best game !" "maaann i cant wait to play it!"

Best answers
Gears said:
First of all you cannot email actualy object through the net (not in 2004 at least) second, using an actual screenshot from the game for the mods background isn't a really good idea...third, he is asking about what you think about the news and the preview...I wonder why people can have replies like this "man ESF 1.2 is going to be the best game !" "maaann i cant wait to play it!"
Well i didnt get a word of what you said...but thats ok.

In that struggle in the air...theyre kind of at an angle....do throws happen like that as well? Or are they always on a horizontal plane? And do you always throw them down? Or what happens if you throw them into the sky? LoL im just full o questions today

Best answers
NOOOO! Change the STEAM BACKGROUND NOW! I don't get it.. why should we see stupid Vegeta kicking Piccolo? That will make new players to think Piccolo is some kind of a weakling... and he is not. It's not nice.. really... don't get me wrong, but that pic should really be changed. No DBZ character should be shown to all players like that :(.. come one I mean Piccolo is so cool and good... and even if it was another character instead of Piccolo it would still be bad.
Look you can do something MUCH more nicer.... you can gather all team members and beta testers in a server.. than they all line up.. and someone makes a screenshot, it will be much more better and it won't make Piccolo fans mad( ;( )

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I personally see nothing wrong with the splash, it is a good, crisp picture of a player getting smashed by 1.2 melee...and it's not making a statement about Piccolo or Vegeta...it was just a random choice of characters, more likely than not o_O

At any rate, I rather enjoyed looking over the 1.2 preview compiled by ESF-World, I think they hit some of the features quite well with the clips and images. I hope you're all getting pumped for the release, I hope you'll all enjoy it as much as you enjoyed that preview ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cold steel said:
:eek: Weally ?

My apolagies if you feel offended :p

Anyway, what happened then ? I'd just like to know. And more thing, when i checked out esf-world, i saw a river running underneath the cell arena in a screenie, does this have something to do with this same thing ?
The reason you mistook the maps is because Zero's textures (from esf_cell_games) are on DJ's map.

Gears said:
First of all you cannot email actualy object through the net (not in 2004 at least)
He doesn't mean that literally... can I have a cupcake =O

Gears said:
second, using an actual screenshot from the game for the mods background isn't a really good idea...
Make your own then ^_^.

Gears said:
third, he is asking about what you think about the news and the preview...I wonder why people can have replies like this "man ESF 1.2 is going to be the best game !" "maaann i cant wait to play it!"
*points to Magus' post*

CS-Land said:
NOOOO! Change the STEAM BACKGROUND NOW! I don't get it.. why should we see stupid Vegeta kicking Piccolo? That will make new players to think Piccolo is some kind of a weakling... and he is not. It's not nice.. really... don't get me wrong, but that pic should really be changed. No DBZ character should be shown to all players like that .. come one I mean Piccolo is so cool and good... and even if it was another character instead of Piccolo it would still be bad.
Look you can do something MUCH more nicer.... you can gather all team members and beta testers in a server.. than they all line up.. and someone makes a screenshot, it will be much more better and it won't make Piccolo fans mad( )
As I said above, I'm sure you can make your own and people won't make a decision on what character they will use based on a screenshot.

In that struggle in the air...theyre kind of at an angle....do throws happen like that as well? Or are they always on a horizontal plane? And do you always throw them down? Or what happens if you throw them into the sky? LoL im just full o questions today
I think it's always horizontal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no joe changed that so it knocks away at whatever angle

Best answers
I love the pics, but already knew about all of this..(I always check the main pages of esf-world and esforces:smile: before I enter "Thee Forum")

-Impressed by the smooth movement in chainswooping and the "pretty-ness" of Frieza's "Pebble Attack"*WHO HA*
-I'm sure that MAGMUS will simply "Love" the current steam layout for ESFbeta 1.2...:laff:

-This pic NEVER ceases to "blow my mind"!

-I wish Kakkarot wouldn't have given Vegeta such a beating in the 1.2 Preview....:cry: *Not worried about that...FreeDoM will soon rectify this "injustice"....*
-Speaking of the 1.2 preview...Love the added pics and movie previews..
-Incredible..."semi-homing" and "gigantical" Kame-Torpedoes!!!..Kakkarot must be a god now..*Can't wait to see how Renzoku has been improved*

-I like the new levels and love the "new" MP3 player (Looks PRO)
-Lastly...THE MELEE STRUGGLE is phenominal (in appearance).

ONE question (answer/make fun of/ignore my question..whatever you desire) though.. What happens when a player "wins" the meleestruggle?? Does the winner get first hit in melee, get to throw opponent, deliver some "savage" VAN-DAMAGE, stun the loser,etc...or WHAT?
*"YOU" could just tell me to wait..and I would/will do just that*

Magus said:
Ok, guys, please. Asking when the mod is coming out isn't helping it speed up. It's almost done, it's been said before. >_>

Guys, please don't say the thread is pointless and what not..:(

Keep on topic and I will be sure to email you all a nice cupcake. :)
-I didn't ask.;) *deserves a cookie*

-it's not pointless AND..*maybe..maybe not..I'm sure Hibiki knows*

-CUPCAKE!! Can I have a cupcake Mango? *No Mango 4U Magus...not until I get that cupcake*:\ :yes:
:Cya Magus..
P.S. you're my favorite member of the forum..
Even more so that Hibiki*maybe..* and Magmus now!*As if that's supposed to "make your day"..Oh well*

-this HAS to be the Longest post I've ever made....
.....Sorry. It couldn't be helped. Well, I've put in my "20 bucks"(2cents). On to the next thread...

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hm..
Giant kametorpedos... they really look so large?
I think the Beta manuals are great ;) and i hope that esf 1.2 come soon..
because i love this game o_o

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gears said:
second, using an actual screenshot from the game for the mods background isn't a really good idea...
Who said it was an actual screenshot? I did go ingame and take a shot of the map for the background.

CS-LAND said:
NOOOO! Change the STEAM BACKGROUND NOW! I don't get it.. why should we see stupid Vegeta kicking Piccolo? That will make new players to think Piccolo is some kind of a weakling... and he is not. It's not nice.. really... don't get me wrong, but that pic should really be changed. No DBZ character should be shown to all players like that :(.. come one I mean Piccolo is so cool and good... and even if it was another character instead of Piccolo it would still be bad.
Look you can do something MUCH more nicer.... you can gather all team members and beta testers in a server.. than they all line up.. and someone makes a screenshot, it will be much more better and it won't make Piccolo fans mad( ;( )
We should see stupid Vegeta kicking Piccolo because it emphasizes melee. I don't know if you've had your head in the ground, but the main focus of 1.2 is melee. Frankly, a group shot of everyone is boring and unoriginal. I was going to add more action to the background but it made the image to busy. Also, I use Piccolo, so I don't think people will be angry with having him there :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes CS-LAND, lets somehow try and conform to a set of politically correct namekian rules. We can't have a background that shows a namekian getting kicked in the face, it's racist! tsk tsk mastasurf.
Anyways, I think it looks very cool especially since vegeta would pwn piccolo anyway. As mastasurf said, I think it does emphasise the melee, and the amount of action that will be in 1.2. Good job!

Best answers
I love the background. It's a good shot from a good angle... the only thing I don't like is the Vegeta model... :p

Best answers
yeah but dont worry man im sure smos vegeta is in esf 1.2 i realy realy hope ~!!~

Best answers
Pff the splash screen is easily changed, I'm sure there are gonna be a few people who are going to make new splash screens.

I like how 1.2 is moving on for this long. I sure hope you guys take a good break from this after this gets released(esp. harSens, PcJoe and DarkTooth :D)

Now the big question : Why rest after the release?
To be able to expend your energy for 1.3 of course! :p

Best answers
i cant say anything against 1.2 yet
-ther lame melee is gone
-new maps
-new attacks
-cool new melee

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i want to know how the did that whit the water