"The internet's a series of tubes..."

Best answers
Politicians need to be shot.... plain and simple. I dont want these *******s running our country... or whats left of it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, all I could do is sit and laugh. "The internet is a series of tubes". I'm glad a bunch of n00bs in a goverment related office have some control over the internet[/sarcasam].

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank god for the daily show, showing us how stupid our politicians really are. The real news would never dare do that. But hey, I'm jaded. I live in Boston, where $15 billion dollar tunnels fall on illegal aliens and the governor has to go to court for a month to get permission to even think about firing the people responsible. So yeah. I hate politicians, for sure.

To the guy's credit, he was making a metaphor for how the internet works, but to Jon Stewarts credit, the guy also totally barely knew how anything ACTUALLY worked, either. "I got sent an internets the other day" is not how the person IN CHARGE OF E-COMMERCE should talk.

This is going to be a growing problem, anyhow, though. The republicans have pushed an amendment to the Net Neutrality act that basically has ruined the equal ground of the internet. People are now free to legally, say, ban Comcast users from going to a Verizon hosted website. Or better yet, charge them extra for it. Pretty soon we will probably be taxed on a site-by-site basis, if the companies decide to be scumbags.

Either way, thank god for Jon Stewart.

Stewart/Cobert in 08...who's with me!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Stewart/Cobert in 08...who's with me!!
All American Bears would cease to exist =(

It's disgustingly humorous how "I got sent an internets the other day" sounds like a parody sentence such as "I g0t teh internets 2day".

It shouldn't that long to understand how it basically works (basically, not guru level). Our Web Design I class learned how it worked in one class, so I am sure politicians could look up "The Internets" on wikipedia to get a better overview, unless somebody edits it to describe it as "a series of tubes".

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stephen Colbert and John Stewart are just some of my many heros.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mocked by comedian Jon Stewart for calling the internet a bunch of tubes, US Senate Commerce Committee chairman Ted Stevens said on Thursday he is open to going on Stewart's popular Daily Show for a rebuttal.

Says he has a letter from "a big scientist" saying he is "absolutely right"...
Source.

xD.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Hah, yea. I saw that one tv. John Stewart and Steven Colbert are really great. The best part of their show(s) is when they crack up, which is rare. Probably the best was shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gviIwD5UCc4
Haha, the full length one is hilarious. "WHAT ALLEGATIONS?!?! What did he do is it naughty?!" Just the way he said "naughty" made me laugh my ass off.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aside from this political moron, this little idea disturbs me. Think about it. a "tiered" Internet, meaning that unlike everyone being able to access information equally, these people want to divide it into classes. Meaning, that while the corporate and government stuff surfs the web first class, everyone else rides in steerage. Personally, I find it an insult to American ideals. The Internet is fine the way it is. We don't need web segregation!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are the chances of that happening anyway?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but still, I hate the barbaric executive instinct to put people into a firm societal pecking order when our aim is equality. The fact that ideas like that come about frightens and disappoints me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom