The Incredible Hulk

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As most of you know, 2008 is going to be a great year for superhero fans. We have the Iron Man film and game coming out pretty soon, we have the Batman film coming out, and we have yet another remake of the Incredible Hulk smashing its way into a theater near you. That's right. I said smashing its way into theaters. I just became that guy.

Anyway, everyone is psyched about the Iron Man game, but people don't seem to share that same enthusiasm about the Hulk game. That's the purpose of this thread.

First off, here's the last teaser trailer of the game released:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32351.html

Alright, you can get a pretty good idea of what you'll be doing as the Hulk in this game. You'll be fighting anything that ****s with you, you'll be picking up cars, throwing civilians and enemies alike, and destroying NYC in the process. It doesn't show much, so why should you care?

Because it's going to be the next-gen version of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, the best superhero game ever made. If you can see it, you can probably destroy it. I don't know if you'll be able to take down the Empire State building, but rest assured, everything else will fall. If you've never played H:UD, you should either kill yourself or, if you can live with the shame, go out and buy it. Blows everything out of the water.

That right there was enough for me. But then I read this:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/theincrediblehulk/news.html?sid=6189435&tag=topslot;title;5

And something caught my eye. Something made me realize just how epic this game is going to be. Sure, the story will probably be absolute crap, and the single player mode will probably end after 10 hours, but that's all extra stuff anyway. You don't buy a Hulk game so that you can cry or feel bad for the Hulk. You don't buy a Hulk game to experience what it's like to be Bruce Banner. No, you buy a Hulk game to feel his rage, to feel his fury, and to smite the greatest city on Earth, and everything else that gets in your way.

What the hell am I talking about?

This:

Exploring the city and causing mayhem seems like it will be fun for quite some time, but you'll want to be careful because if you cause too much damage, the police, the military, and eventually Iron Man will be deployed to stop you.
Hard. Core.

Granted, there isn't very much information outside of what I just showed you (mostly stills), but this is enough to make me excited. This is enough to make me want to buy this game. I don't need a demo. I don't need to rent it. Just tell me I can pick up civilians and run my Hulk-ass to the top of a building, and throw him away and I'm there. Just tell me I can fight a hero for once, and win.

I don't want to play as Iron Man. I want to destroy him. I want to smash him. I want to smash his building. I want to smash his friends. I want to smash. Period.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is pretty damn sweet.

I wonder how tough Iron Man will be. If it's anything like the tanks in GTA, he should be a raid boss.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After you beat him, he should fly away and let his AI armors fight for him while he "switches armors". Then he'd return in something stronger, and that'd keep happening until he returns in his Hulk Buster armor where **** gets real.

This is what the H:UD team made before that beautiful game:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/compa...convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=headerimage;developer

So I'm not going to dismiss this new team yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seemed like you were advertising the game half-way through. I've already beaten ultimate destructions which was basically classified as Grand Theft Auto Hulk style, and was worlds better compared to the first Hulk game that was released on Xbox/PS2, back when the first movie was released. This looks great, and I think that Sega is actually better at making other games more than Sonic games. I like how they started to spice up some things for the fans, and went ahead and made the two Super Heroes cross over in the movies and the video games as well.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was advertising the game the second I made this thread.

Seriously. Buy it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to smite the greatest city on Earth
So false. I think it's just because people want to pound on New York for being one huge ****wad.

But this would seem to be a fun game indeed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll check it out if a demo lands on Live. :3

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So false. I think it's just because people want to pound on New York for being one huge ****wad.

But this would seem to be a fun game indeed.
Don't be jealous that every major superhero has his HQ in NYC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't be jealous that every major superhero has his HQ in NYC.
I'm not jealous. I'm just from Boston.

Hell I can't even stand to be inside JFK or Laguardia for more then 20 minutes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not jealous. I'm just from Boston.

Hell I can't even stand to be inside JFK or Laguardia for more then 20 minutes.
It's alright. We can't all be as lucky as me. Just wear shades to hide your eyes. They're green. With envy. Green like The Hulk.

Speaking of which, how about that Hulk game? I heard you can fight mother****ing Iron Man, who wears his Hulkbuster armor in the game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Iron man, you say? Surely, you must be joking. Nothing could be that awesome.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's alright. We can't all be as lucky as me. Just wear shades to hide your eyes. They're green. With envy. Green like The Hulk.
I applaud you for tying in a Hulk reference to a accusation of envy.

But Philadelphia needs more heroes >=( (BESIDES ****ING ROCKY).

This basically looks like a Next Gen version of H:UD, which was awesome to play through, but once you beat it, there's just mini games and fighting the same forces over and over when you cause destruction. Now the combat is awesome, but the things die too quickly and I like to fight the smaller hulk busters. The game was also pretty ugly in the city and felt cluttered, which really ruined the atmosphere for me.

But since this game looks to have sexy graphics, much of my worries may be fixed.

Now Spider-Man 2. Hell yeah. That's one superhero game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going in expecting the game to be horrible outside of the free roaming aspect, so I'm okay with that. My main worry is they'll **** up the Iron Man encounter. I also haven't seen the wall run or dashing in the vids, so I'm a little worried about that too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And Spiderman 3 was a complete letdown, any Spiderman game released after 2 got worse each time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Spiderman 3 let me throw people and cars, I'd have been content with the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raaahhh Bicep Flex!!! Ab Crush!!!

So I found this little Hulk blog on IGN, and it made me a little excited. I'm sure it's all bull****, but I can dream, can't I?

In any case, what I walked away with after reading the blog (and other sources) is:

• Fully Destructible Environments
Yeah, you can tear apart as many skyscrapers as your heart desires.​
  • Red Hulk
Alright, this part isn't found in the blog, but if you get the game for the 360 at gamestop, you get a code or something to unlock a Red Hulk model. Model, not reskin. Here's the link (just scroll down):

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68667
  • Crazy Boss Fights
Throwing enemies through buildings? Check. Use everything in the environment as a weapon? Check. Fight villains as strong as the Hulk? Check. Taking fights to the tops of buildings and crash both your asses into the pavement? Check.
  • Unlockable Characters and Possible Move sets
Now, when they say unlockable characters, I'm hoping that's what they mean. Reskins are great, but new models are even better. I haven't heard anything about new move sets, and I doubt they'll add them, but I'm hoping anyway. The Red Hulk is the only verified unlockable model, so we'll see.​

It's shaping up to be a next-gen IHUD, which sounds ****ing great. That is, if what we're being told is the truth. I liked Iron Man because I didn't expect anything from it. But IHUD set the bar for Hulk games, so this next one has to, at the very least, meet those standards.

It's a weekly thing, so work your way backwards if you want: http://blogs.ign.com/Edge_of_Reality/

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Red Hulk is something I'll never, ever, use unless it has new attacks. But it's basically a giveaway for getting it at the store a block away from me, so whatever. I think it looks like ****, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom