• My friends.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • 5 million unknown people.

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering, Let's say you are presented with a problem. Your friends are in dire need of your help or they will not survive, if you save your friends, you will kill 5 million people. On the other end, if you save the 5 million people, your friends will die...

What would you chose and why?

Best answers
Your bound to make a new 5 friends in those 5 million people.
Though, these friends are close to your heart and it's hard to lose them. But sometimes you have a fight with your friend, and you tend not to talk to them again. Imagine if that happened then you'd have one less friend. Therefore I think if you saved those 5 million people, you could get a new friend out of there. Lol, and lets not get into further detail with the loss of those 5 million people, scientists etc etc. So Stfu, stupid question.

-GuZzie

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would sacrifice myself to save all of them!

As horrible as this may sound, it would depend entirely on where these 5 million people are coming from. Are they coming from one country? All around the world? If it is from one country, do I like that country? Is that country important in the scheme of things? Is that country overpopulated?

It also depends on which 5 friends are involved. Is it my best friend? A girlfriend? Someone I've known for years? Someone I've know for awhile but don't really care about?

Some might say, "OMFG WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE WHO IS WORTH SAVING?!" but I think that's the entire point of the thread. It's up to you to judge your friends and the 5 million people.

Just so I have an answer, if my 5 closest friends were going to die, I'd save them. The world could seriously do with less people, anyway, so I'd be doing Earth a favor.

Couldn't hurt to have the Earth owe you one.

@ Guzzie: Stop telling people to stfu, kid o_O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't want to have the blood of 5 million people on my hands.

Goodbye, my friends.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No matter what, I would save my friends. I don't care about a bunch of strangers, my friends come before everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Now where did I put those damn Star Trek movies...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would save my friends.
I can sleep well if people I don't know die (in fact they die every day).
But I could never sleep again if I caused the death of a friend.

Best answers
My friends, why would I care about the lives of others I don't know? If I was to care, I'd be crying every damn second because some kid in Africa dies.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Now where did I put those damn Star Trek movies...
That usually works until the many = enemy combatants waiting to swim over to your shores and claim your sewer system as their territory, thus bringing about the Great Underworld War of the 21st century.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't say the millions were overseas sewer mutants. That changes everything!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My point exactly. We don't know where the 5 million are coming from or who they are.

We need more data.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would save the many, unless, like Zeonix pointed out, they were 5,000,000 I loathed utterly and completely.

Family would be a different story, 5 of my family members might well be worth 5,000,000 random people to me.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would save the 5 million. Once they realize i saved them they would feel the need to worship me and i would let them.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'd save the 5 if the 5 million were canadian (they're going to freeze to death anyway, why prolong the inevitable? :laff: )

If the 5 million were minion though, I'd save them for the empire o/~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd kill my friends, 5 million is quite a number o_O,
if it would have been around 500 000 to 1million, i would have saved my friends, but humankind has to go somewhere..

and besides, i could get new friends for saving them

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
6. something above 5 billion people in the world. 5 million wouldn't hurt too bad unless they were responsible for producing something needed.

Best answers
@Legendary - dude... do you honestly think that humanity will benifit from 5 million people's lives being saved? It could, but like i said (and zeo), if it was 5 million dying people from africa (with Aids), then humanity would actually benifit from there deaths.

Yes, im sounding like a big ******* right about now, but its how i feel... and i dont mean to offend anybody. If i did, tell me and i'll edit my post.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im a bit de-sensitized to death and the like,

example. when 9/11 went down, nobody i knew personally was there so it didn't effect me at all, (im quite sure it would've been different if they had) I dont know what happened in my life to make me this way, but thats how it is =/.

but the death of a stranger, really has no impact on me whatsoever, chances are id never meet any of them, and if i did I probably wouldn't like them =P.

so screw it, i'll take the selfish path and im not ashamed to admit it, the lives of those 5 friends come before the lives of 5 million strangers any day =P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom