The dark side of lamp posts

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i274d715df067e49d2c166a19a2d30b29_intellistreets.n.jpg

America welcomes a new brand of smart street lightning systems: energy-efficient, long-lasting, complete with LED screens to show ads. They can also spy on citizens in a way George Orwell would not have imagined in his worst nightmare.
With a price tag of $3,000+ apiece, according to an ABC report, the street lights are now being rolled out in Detroit, Chicago and Pittsburgh, and may soon mushroom all across the country.
Part of the Intellistreets systems made by the company Illuminating Concepts, they have a number of “homeland security applications” attached.
Each has a microprocessor “essentially similar to an iPhone,” capable of wireless communication. Each can capture images and count people for the police through a digital camera, record conversations of passers-by and even give voice commands thanks to a built-in speaker.
Ron Harwood, president and founder of Illuminating Concepts, says he eyed the creation of such a system after the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the Hurricane Katrina disaster. He is “working with Homeland Security” to deliver his dream of making people “more informed and safer.”
“The system represents Big Brother on steroids,” commented the website InfoWars.com, which sees Intellistreets as a major threat to privacy...

http://rt.com/news/big-brother-street-lamps-286/

lamp posts.... that's a good one

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
How the **** can he be so disillusioned as to say "making people “more informed and safer.”"? Is he out of his ****in mind? I'm sorry but these kinds of things piss me off royally because they always end up being used to invade peoples privacy unwillingly AND unknowingly. He is NOT making people more informed and safer. He is merely opening the gate to our impending slavery beyond its current level.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This is disgusting in too many ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom