ROFL

Holy ****.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did Seth MacFarlane just sell out?
I always thought the selling out occurred between when CN started airing old seasons then fox picked it up. At least thats when the joke recycling got way out of hand. When running gags consist of 90% of your jokes, thats what I call selling out.

Edit: If it wasn't for the fact that this new family looks exactly like the old save for making Meg that might actually be popular, I'd have some hope for it.

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh ****... you're right! I'm going to laugh if one of them becomes Cleveland's anthropomorphic drinking buddy.

Seriously.

Recent Family Guy+Blaxploitation will mean miserable failure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow you guys are pessimistic...I personally can't wait for this show. I ****ing love Cleveland.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow you guys are pessimistic...I personally can't wait for this show. I ****ing love Cleveland.
I loved family guy. After Fox picked it back up they had some really funny new stuff, but unfortunately it's the recycled scenes of Peter hurting his knee, Stewie still trying to kill Louis, two or three more shots of that gratuitous chicken fight that make me realize that the writers are insulting us. They have the ability to write awesome new material, yet will rely back on old jokes for a cheap laugh...

With that in mind it's easy to be pessimistic. Cleveland's cute and all, but he lacks charisma. Could you imagine listening to his droning voice for half an hour? Probably not. Which is why this show is going to have to focus on the other characters a lot more, making it their show, not is. Which in essence means that Seth is just using an old character not worthy of a spinoff to make some ****ty blaxploitation cartoon that is going to be filled with non-sequitors as Family Guy often was.

Will it turn out like that? Most likely not, but it looks like it easily could in my eyes. I'll still give it a shot and if it's good I'll keep watching it.

So anyone else notice a missing Cleveland Jr?

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, I'll give it a shot and if it's good I'll keep watching it.

I tend to forget people will sift through Seth McFarlane's ****, find a corn kernel and think it is gold.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It can't be any worse than American Dad.

If this show doesn't have flash backs, then it pretty much has no chance of gaining commercial success.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say it's safe to wager that Seth sold out, considering he just signed a contract that made him Fox's most highly paid writer.

In any case, I would have no problem with this show, except for the fact that the family appears to be a copy of Peters family. Seriously, why?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They better have at least 15 minutes of the weather guy per episode.

ITS RAININ SIDEWAYS!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<3 Ollie Williams <3

considering they moved to a new town they might not have him :(

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MaHdvyHlpo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MaHdvyHlpo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eeeh...I don't see this taking off. I said the same thing about American Dad though, and that's actually pretty good. It has a more coherent plot than Family Guy, so who knows. It just seems like a stretch to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom