the Catcher in the Rye

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Has anyone read this book?... I have to read it for school and i need to write and essay on it, but my teacher is one of the anti sparknotes guy and he is like the modellors in the modelling section when someone edits and doesnt credit... so do you guys know an alternative sparknote site that isnt i thinbk its pinkmonkey or the general sparknotes,com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feal sorry for you. The book sucked, in ur essay talk about Phony ness, the puearty in socity and how holden the biggest lier and phony person.

And btw he gets beaten up by a PIMP lol

There is Pink monkey I have not used it but my friends have. I might still have MY essy lol

www.pinkmonkey.com

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we aren't condoning cheating are we?

Did you know that Catcher in the Rye was read by most serial killers? yeah. My friend liked it and said it was slow, but he ended up loving it..

I say just read it anyways

Best answers
Um... yeah...
I'd say read it, it's not bad, and you'll have to read things that are truly bad in college, this can prepare you. If you dislike the book, consider it an exercise in patience.
And snow... man, when you're discussing literature and you've got that sort of grammar in your response... it doesn't help your argument.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Catcher in the Rye was MUCH better than I was expecting it to be. It's really not that long of a book, and it's not too hard a read either. I'd say go for reading, or at least skimming through the whole book. How do you think the people on the notes sites got the notes up ;)

Best answers
that book blows... i had to read it for school also

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay well i just want to say that Ive read quite a bit of it now. I mean it's an easy reader and all but every sentence has either the words "phony," "sonuva*****" "goddam" or "moron" in it. That makes the book dull. Okay and I've read the part where he's with the hooker and doesn't want to give her the "time."

Best answers
Worst book I ever read, no doubt. What a useless piece of bound paper.

Best answers
For its time it was good, Its just not interesting anymore because everyone talks about adolesent, and how kids grow, with pain and so on.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought the book was great. Then again, I am a serial killer...

Uh! uh! I mean! I thought it was just ok. It was... no, in fact it was crap. Crap!

On a more serious note, I thought it was a great book, but I probably just have different tastes than the rest of you. I loved Holdin's screwed up character and the way he analyzed stuff. Every time I pictured him I saw one of my aquaintances from English, heh... I thought it was good. It's definitely worth reading once.

Best answers
I for one agree with Sonic, the thoughts of an over-analytical person (such as myself, for example) Can be quite intriguing as you see things from a perspective you normally would not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom