The Biggest Overstatement in History: (Read J-Dude)

Whats your favorite band?

• Metallica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • System of a down

• The Offspring

• Rob Zombie

• Disturbed

• Slipknot

• Sum 41

• Nirvana

• Linkin Park

• All these bands suck!!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
15 years ago today, on March 7th 1992, the first episode of Sailor Moon, ?Crybaby Usagi?s Magnificent Transformation?, aired for the first time in Japan. The series spanned 200 episodes until it?s finale on February 8th 1997. It also spawned 3 theatrical movies, 2 specials, musicals, videos games and an immense assortment of merchandise.

Sailor Moon was based on a Manga series by the same name which began appearing in Nakayoshi in December 1991, 4 months before the premiere of the show, and ran for 52 acts over a span of 5 years.

At its prime Sailor Moon saw great success worldwide as it was broadcast and published in nearly every country in the world. In the mid 90s you?d be hard pressed to go very far without seing some sort of Sailor Moon merchandise. It was likely the most internationally widespread franchise of it?s time. Sailor Moon herself is one of the most popular fictional characters ever, up there with such greats as Santa Claus, Superman and Jesus.
It was likely the most internationally widespread franchise of it?s time.
The sheer proof in front of their eyes that there was one even LARGER makes this person sound like a desperate maniac.

If I ever saw the person who wrote all of this baloney I'd point and laugh at them, and then I'd smack them four times across the face.

Here in North America the show began airing on September 11th 1995 and despite a number of complications and interuptions finally had 4 of its 5 seasons released both televised and in a variety of home video formats. It was one of the first prominent anime series to find an audience in the west, especially in Canada.

Now 15 years later the show is older than our heroine was when we first met her and the phenomenon has pretty much completely passed. While like with anything there are still some hard core fans who continue to watch and discuss the series the world for the most part has moved on.
<- LOL.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could say something very clever, and subtly insulting but it just isn't worth it.

So I'll ask a question. What is the point of this thread?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's a first to be called over by a thread's title, but I'll bite. Yeah, that sounds like a Hell of an overstatement. I certainly don't remember being bombarded by Sailor Moon merchandise during my childhood, save for half the girls in my elementary school using plastic blue lunch-boxes with her in that failed super-hero/in pose. GINYU wouldn't touch THAT ****.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, just a week ago I had some guy (or girl) called "Vigilante" ask me if they could borrow my DBZ sound effects for their vids. I agreed and sent them my sfx archive, not knowing it would be put to evil use...

They responded to me ecstatically about their first youtube video and...well...see for yourselves.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9V4AkzvuDcE

Four words: Super Saiyan Sailor Moon... I mean...what the Hell? I had to sorta' wonder the circumstances of the clips they used for this, as it DOES sharply resemble DBZ in a weird way, but did they have to go and use the SS3 theme? Plus, is it me, or is that just a sound file of Goku screaming that's had it's pitched heightened?

...oi, some people...I give up...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
We don't need a thread to call out freedom fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom