the better laptop brand

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Idk much about high price laptops since im not rich 17yo/dude like you guys, but i found this video about Cyberpower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGYDwd3xhM
Also, there is a funny comment there about alienware:
That's why you buy from Alienware gods of computer gaming
Answer:
Piss Off AlienWares's Are Over Priced And Break Easily.
So if you are going for laptop, i would say lenovo, or if you are going for desktop, i think it would be MUCH cheaper if you build it on your own, becouse PC`s in shops are overpriced, they cost like 30% more(more costy ones)
And i wouldnt suggest you to buy SSD, its just overpriced HDD thats a bit faster than normal one, but you cant really see a difference when you play
You can get a bad build, bad part anywhere. The girl in the video didn't contact the cyberpower for the fix or replacement yet, she didn't even open the case to see what is the problem. You can always find a video on YT about some laptop or some prebuild PC that has problems. Cyberpower is pretty well known one of the top sites for prebuild computers.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can get a bad build, bad part anywhere. The girl in the video didn't contact the cyberpower for the fix or replacement yet, she didn't even open the case to see what is the problem. You can always find a video on YT about some laptop or some prebuild PC that has problems. Cyberpower is pretty well known one of the top sites for prebuild computers.
still, i hate them cuz they got no gaming PC for like $250, nor they ship internationaly
Other than that i saw more reviews, and they seem fine :)

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
still, i hate them cuz they got no gaming PC for like $250, nor they ship internationaly
Other than that i saw more reviews, and they seem fine :)
You want a "GAMING PC" for 250$? Sorry but i don't know from which planet you've fallen but you won't get a new GAMING PC for 250$ anywhere. The Graphic Card alone costs that much (yes, can find one for bit less but you won't get other parts).

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. For instance i bought my mid range laptop back in september 2011 at about $700. And although it has a dedicated video card (1Gb gddr3) even this is not considered a "gaming laptop". I say you come back to reality man. You need a bigger budget for what you want.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pricey, but I'm quite happy with the Dell XPS12. Unique device that's great for mobile leisure/media etc and it fits into my personal setup really well. Reasonably 'future-proofed' for how I use it.
However, it's best complimented with a desktop, especially if you can't afford the i7 version.

- Screen is multi-touch (10 inputs) that can uniquely flip around, giving you a large but slightly chunky tablet. Win8 really shines on this device, since it is a laptop/tablet hybrid.
- Enough power for majority of things you will throw at when you are out and about at work/school/mates.
- Hardware and novelty factors mean I will hold onto it for some time,as it ticks many boxes in a combination you really cant find anywhere without great hassle. Unfortunately it can be really hard to find the XPS12 these days now though, if you find one I recommend bringing it into consideration.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-XPS-12-Convertible.83325.0.html

As a guide - Softimage runs very smoothly, more than enough rendering power for general use. Aliens VS Predator ran really well too, no hiccups come to mind. No general problems with apps like Cubase, although I also use external audio hardware. Most issues that I recall seem to be just minor grievances with win8 itself that can be rectified easily enough for the most part. When I want some real grunt, I will use a desktop anyway (consistent, modular and stable) - this one is currently dual-use for multimedia production and AAA gaming, but until recently I used 2 dedicated PCs (one died on me).

At first the frame of the screen looked really tacky and flimsy, but once it's in your hands you realise it is -really- sturdy and practical. My only real gripe is soldered RAM, and the fact that if it had better/specialty audio and video I/O from the get go, it would be a superlative addition to the studio as a touch interface among other things. I feel inclined to actually bother upgrading the parts as time goes on and/or follow the evolution of the product series for the future upgrade. (considering how disposable this drip-feed technology is within our consumer culture, this is something I have actively avoided with laptops, but this model really made me take notice)

Last edited:
Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
lenovo vs alienware
best thing i can say to this is you need to be more specific than brand. one brand may make 2 products where one is trash and the other is a great piece of hardware. its best to sort through the actual specs rather than the brand. also take into consideration what you want to do with it and after that choose the one that can best run said specific program or games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom