That new Zelda game.....

Best answers
For gamecube. I saw it at walmart, and got to play it, and let me tell you that the graphics made me violently throw up...its one of the worst looking games ive ever seen....... nintendo made a big mistake making this one....

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you obviously don't know a good game when you see one. Zelda: Wind Walker is going to be fantastic. The cel shading gives it an original and unique look.

You kids today, so worried about graphics and what a game looks like and not the content of the game. People didn't play the early FF games for graphics, and still don't.

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_Trunks
Then you obviously don't know a good game when you see one. Zelda: Wind Walker is going to be fantastic. The cel shading gives it an original and unique look.

You kids today, so worried about graphics and what a game looks like and not the content of the game. People didn't play the early FF games for graphics, and still don't.
Ive Played All The Old FF Games The Story Owns And The Attacks Own Those Were The Funnest! And Im Only 11 im a kid And I Dont Care Of Graphics! I Just Care About If Its Fun Or Not!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya this new Zelda game will rock.

Best answers
Zeld games will always rock no matter how the graphics look.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, Wind Wakjer looks amazing. There is a preview on the Master Quest disc that is just astounding.

As for the old school Zelda, Im trying to get my friend to sell it to me ^_^

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Cell shaded graphics make you throw up, how could you have watched a cartoon like Dragonball Z? It is the same color scheme, but with about 50 more frames every second.

You would fall into a coma if you were forced to play one of the greatest games of all time like Final Fantasy 6 or Chrono Trigger I'm sure. You have to look past the color scheme to see the quality of a game. There are plenty of pretty games that play like crap and have less story, and people put them away after a few days of stumbling over the controls. Let gameplay and story come first.

Best answers
Zelda And Final Fantasy Games will always be my Favorite Games, the Stroies are always great, its just fun to play each one, who cares if the game looks liek the first Zelda game came out, as long as its Zelda I know its gunna be Good no Matter What it looks like

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't comment on the Zelda game storylines, I never ifnd them AMAZING, but I always loved them, damn Zelda: A Link To the Past was one cool ride, its up there with FF7 and Super Metroid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i must be the only guy in the world that firggin hates zelda.i thought the first one was boring i thought the second one was broing hell i think all of them suck. and i dont care about graphics because i actually prefer 2d games to 3d games. the cell shading doesnt even compare to JSRF's shading, and the fact that a 6 year old could have came up with a better character drawing doesnt help this game either. i am all for them going back to the scottish link but they could have drawn him better.

scottish = no tights

Best answers
ahh the fun of zelda games and FF mmmmm. SSj goten i wonder if you are the youngest on these forums :p

Best answers
Originally posted by Biggs
For gamecube. I saw it at walmart, and got to play it, and let me tell you that the graphics made me violently throw up...its one of the worst looking games ive ever seen....... nintendo made a big mistake making this one....
I compleatly Agree with him.

The new Zelda has the Worst graphic in the history of nintendo.
and let me tell you im a hardcore Zelda fan i have every game out.

But this one im never gonna get.The graphics make me sick!:S

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chitenga
I compleatly Agree with him.

The new Zelda has the Worst graphic in the history of nintendo.
and let me tell you im a hardcore Zelda fan i have every game out.

But this one im never gonna get.The graphics make me sick!:S
Well, the original had the worst graphics of them all....not that I really care.

Again, I want to try the game for its gameplay and story value, not the graphics. Anybody who claims to love playing NES games but says that these are the worst Nintendo graphics ever is kinda contradicting themself...

Best answers
Im just the kind of guy who cant get a game if i dont like how it looks, sorry :S

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, its really no problem, everyone is completely entitled to their own opinion on anything, including what makes a game playable/worth it. We are not at all calling you a heretic for not liking the graphics, your opinion is respected ;)

and if it isn't, thats wrong.

Best answers
I don't know about any of you but I love more games on the NES and SNES than all other systems combined. I really can't stand where game developers are taking the gaming market today.

All they need to have is awesome visuals with 90 minutes of cut scenes, guns, T&A and then everyone is swooning over them. Speaking of the beloved FF series, has anyone seen FFX-2? If you look at my little formula up there everyone will be buying it when it comes out because it contains all that I just said.

Tons of visuals, guns, and T&A.... I have no idea what Square has been thinking as of late, there games always revolved around story more than visuals. However they seem to be going over to the visual side and leaving story in second place, and it is really showing.

I loved the first Zelda, had less love for the second, fell in love with the 3rd, and fell out of love with the last again. Seems like when ever they tried to change Zelda for the better they only made it worse for me. I just wish they would start to make some 2D games again.

I guess the largest appeal of 2D over 3D for me is that I have to use my imagination just a little bit more over 3D.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best change I felt they made to Zelda for the better was when they switched back to a top-view style (like the first one) after they released the side-scroller second one. I still play and own Link to the Past, and I am glad they re-released it.

It is unfortunate, tho, that it is a difficult premise to create that same style of view/gameplay on a next gen console. That's what I think kept them from making it in that style... how would a game like that go about being designed? Perhaps they tried to supplement that with the cell shading idea. Again, I am very open to this game, and I can't wait to try it. I have yet to be OVERLY disappointed with a Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom