Test Drive unlimited 2 Buy or not?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, guys! I 've been away for quite a while. Now I am wondering if I should buy Test Drive Unlimited 2 or not. I've been playing it without steam till now and I must say I like it very much, though that doesn't allow most of the game, which means no multiplayer. Okay.. that sucks. It's 20 euro on Steam and I'm here to ask you if it's worth it. So can you give me your honest opinion?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey, guys! I 've been away for quite a while. Now I am wondering if I should buy Test Drive Unlimited 2 or not. I've been playing it without steam till now and I must say I like it very much, though that doesn't allow most of the game, which means no multiplayer. Okay.. that sucks. It's 20 euro on Steam and I'm here to ask you if it's worth it. So can you give me your honest opinion?
In my opinion Test drive unlimited 2 sucks. Just because its driving physics are like driving on ice and butter most of the time (as far as I've experienced it). I haven't played multiplayer, so i can't really tell if it's worth or not buying because of multiplayer. But i wouldn't buy it if i were you.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am driving with my racing wheel and it is pretty smooth and nice. It really is ******* shitty with keyboard.
Well maybe that was the cause of my buttery roads(i played using keyboard) :fight: Well just wait for others to reply and check out reviews on the game(multiplayer) on YouTube, if you haven't yet.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The physics of a driving game greatly determine if I actually play it or not. I liked the free roaming map that they incorporated in TDU 1/2, its pretty vast and there are a lot of roads to discover. The driving physics seem very arcade style, rather than a simulation. Not sure what they were going for but I prefer something a little less rigid. As a rider myself, I did appreciate the bikes they added but it wasn't enough to keep me engaged.

I mean, if you enjoy the game, I think you'll appreciate the multiplayer. There are some cool co-op and multiplayer challenges, like follow the leader, and chase (you and your team smash cop cars). Do some reading, if you haven't already, and see what the online has to offer, you might like it. I thought it was pretty neat but the game's physics kinda kill it for me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to reiterate, all of the vehicles feel weird as shit. Especially after playing games like Grid/2 and Shift 1 and 2.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a shame you don't have a 360. Forza is pretty top notch as far as racers go, and Horizon has free roaming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really is shame.

Instead of creating a new thread I will ask you guys here.
My rig's specifications are the following:
AMD X6 FX-6300 clocked at 3.50 GHz per core
Radeon HD 7770
6 GB of RAM

Tell me good games I would like to play. =) All genres are acceptable

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a shame you don't have a 360. Forza is pretty top notch as far as racers go, and Horizon has free roaming.
Yeah I was pretty stoked when Horizon came out with their free roam map. While the car's physics were different than Forza Motorsport's, it still had a simulation feel to it. If only it had motorcycles and police to chase you. After beating single player though it got rather redundant. Still kinda fun to mess around though and race people online.

I thought Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012 release) was pretty fun as well, Id give that a try if you havent already.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It really is shame.

Instead of creating a new thread I will ask you guys here.
My rig's specifications are the following:
AMD X6 FX-6300 clocked at 3.50 GHz per core
Radeon HD 7770
6 GB of RAM

Tell me good games I would like to play. =) All genres are acceptable
You have similar setup like me. I have FX 6300 as well i just manually overclocked it to 4.2ghz and i have EVGA GTX 460 SSC Edition.

BF3 on 64 size map with 44 people playing it.

settings High to ultra with no AA on 1080p i get 46 - 53fps depending on map location.

Batman Origins.

DX11 enhanced turned on, maxed out on detail settings, FXAA on high, physx on normal on a 1080p i get 58fps sometimes dips 42fps on intense scenes

Considering this GPU is almost 4 years old, it's doing pretty fine. Tough i am gonna change it soon. For games you could try, BF4, SMITE, DOTA 2, batman Origins, Enslaved, Lost planet 3, Assetto Corsa... Check out steam they have nice deals with pretty good games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom