Terminator Salvation

Best answers
I'm kinda surprised nobody's said anything about this yet.

Personally, I thought Christian Bale performance wasn't up to par with what it was expected to be. Sam Worthington was a total badass though.

My favorite next to T2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't a good movie, T3 was better. Not enough Terminator action, the action scenes were a bit dull, and some paradoxical problems remain unanswered.

Best answers
Paradoxical problems? like what?

The only thing that I see a problem with is the whole development of Marcus Wright's T-700 endoskeleton. It was developed before Skynet ever went online, which isn't technically possible...

As for the movie in itself. It was missing the original suspense the other 2 terminators had.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Marcus seems to be human, with skynet parts attached, not the other way round.

also, why are you suprised it hasn't been talked about yet? the movie blows. can't wait for some epic bombshell of fail, like how john doesn't send reese back or something stupid.

also, looking forward to how they capture arnies stunt double and make friends with him :p

edit: paradoxical problems like:

skynet only exists because they sent a terminator back in the first place. how could skynet have been developed when they needed the arm and head chip of the terminator that was sent back, in order to make skynet, which makes the terminator, which is sent back, which is destroyed, whos arm and chip is used to make skynet.... see where i'm going with this?

Best answers
Marcus seems to be human, with skynet parts attached, not the other way round.

also, why are you suprised it hasn't been talked about yet? the movie blows. can't wait for some epic bombshell of fail, like how john doesn't send reese back or something stupid.

also, looking forward to how they capture arnies stunt double and make friends with him :p

edit: paradoxical problems like:

skynet only exists because they sent a terminator back in the first place. how could skynet have been developed when they needed the arm and head chip of the terminator that was sent back, in order to make skynet, which makes the terminator, which is sent back, which is destroyed, whos arm and chip is used to make skynet.... see where i'm going with this?
1)Marcus Wright is a hybrid model of a T-700 Infiltrator and an I-950 Infiltrator.

For example. You know how Wolverine was injected with adimantium to create his indestructible skeleton? Well same method applies to Marcus Wright... kinda. From what I've read up on, they use a similar method for Marcus's skeleton, giving him the T-700 model endoskeleton. The I-950 is basically a human with a neural net processor attached to the brain. Thats where the hybrid term comes from. He's a T-700 terminator with a skynet uplink due to the neural net processor, making him a hybrid between the two.

2)John Connor sends back Kyle Reese in Terminator 5. He's in his 20's when he is sent back in time, and is much more experienced and higher ranked when this happens, making him ideal for trying to defeat the T-800. And for the whole "capturing arnold schwarzeneggar" thing. Schwarzeneggar was known as a "Cyberdyne Systems T-800 Model 101". The "T-800" referring to his endoskeleton's model and the "Model 101" referring to the actual skin model. Basically put, all Model 101's look identical, because they're all modeled after one person. John Connor can capture any T-800 Model 101 and send it back in time, since they all look like Arnie.

3)Skynet wasn't created because of the findings of the original T-800's hand and neural net processor. Skynet was gonna be created no matter what, it was inevitable. Since Cyberdyne found the hand and the processor, it allowed them to reverse engineer the two and accelerate the development of skynet. This is where Miles Bennett Dyson came into play in T2 and why Cyberdyne became big. Before the findings they had in T1, Cyberdyne was nothing more but a small machining company.

Hope that clears up any paradox problems ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he can't just be a t700 with a nuralnet processor though, because he has a human brain, no othe terminator has that.

he must have been human first.

i know they can capture any T800 :p i'm just saying the situation will lend itself well to lolz.

how about the "john connor only became resistance leader because he was told about it by his mom, who got pregnant with reese, who was sent back by john" paradox?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So, is this movie worth watching? I might go to the cinema next week.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about the "john connor only became resistance leader because he was told about it by his mom, who got pregnant with reese, who was sent back by john" paradox?
Easy. John's mom could've made him with any man and, being raised by his mother alone, he would've grown up in similar ways, just with a different look.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Easy. John's mom could've made him with any man and, being raised by his mother alone, he would've grown up in similar ways, just with a different look.
with no preperation for the events to come? with his mom likely being killed by the terminator because reese wasn't there to save her? even if she hadn't she'd have raised him to believe it's a smiling happy future, and he'd be cannon fodder.

Best answers
he can't just be a t700 with a nuralnet processor though, because he has a human brain, no othe terminator has that.

i know they can capture any T800 :p i'm just saying the situation will lend itself well to lolz.

Marcus is considered a T-700, due to the fact that his skeleton is modeled after the prototype T-800 (which is the 700 model). And yes, he was human at one point, technically still is because of the presence of human organs. Difference is though, he has a neural net processor attached to his brain, giving him a constant uplink to skynet. This is why he's technically a T-700/I-950 hybrid model. The movie doesn't state this, due to the confusion it would create, and because the I-950 hasn't been developed yet. It's one of the last models to be developed. Follow what I'm saying?

And John Connor was destined to be the leader of TechCom either way, no matter who the father was. As Viper stated, his father could've been anyone. The fact that Kyle Reese fathered him just further prepares John better for the future, since the Information he fed to Sarah made John develop his awareness of skynet much greater than it would've been if he had not learned.

As for Kyle Reese aiding Sarah in the first movie, i understand what you're saying. That's the only paradox i can really pinpoint in this whole franchise. Had he not been there, Sarah would've most likely died. UNLESS she killed the T-800 in the machine press. If that were to happen, then the paradox would be non-existent.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have not seen the movie yet... Do NOT Read My Post. Its full of spoilers...

And This is why he isn't the leader of the resistance. He was at most an officer.

with no preperation for the events to come? with his mom likely being killed by the terminator because reese wasn't there to save her? even if she hadn't she'd have raised him to believe it's a smiling happy future, and he'd be cannon fodder.
In the previous movies he was pressured to become the leader of the resistance which caused a butterfly effect that he just didnt really deliver.

In the movie they called it a prophecy that he was to become the leader, which is why most of the resistance actually listened when he said not to attack. Didn't mean he was.

Marcus is considered a T-700, due to the fact that his skeleton is modeled after the prototype T-800 (which is the 700 model). And yes, he was human at one point, technically still is because of the presence of human organs. Difference is though, he has a neural net processor attached to his brain, giving him a constant uplink to skynet. This is why he's technically a T-700/I-950 hybrid model. The movie doesn't state this, due to the confusion it would create, and because the I-950 hasn't been developed yet.
He was human, remember in the very beginning of the movie the woman asked him to sign something that donated his body for a greater cause? Her cause she was talking about was a development of a "prosthetic" body due to her serious case of cancer. Well the idea for the T-800 models was originated from this idea when Skynet came across the project it saw it as a perfect project to change.

This is why he's technically a T-700/I-950 hybrid model. The movie doesn't state this, due to the confusion it would create, and because the I-950 hasn't been developed yet.
It showed this when Marcus was shutting off the security for skynet and he came across all those files. the "news clippings" spoke all of it.

Best answers
He was human, remember in the very beginning of the movie the woman asked him to sign something that donated his body for a greater cause? Her cause she was talking about was a development of a "prosthetic" body due to her serious case of cancer. Well the idea for the T-800 models was originated from this idea when Skynet came across the project it saw it as a perfect project to change.

It showed this when Marcus was shutting off the security for skynet and he came across all those files. the "news clippings" spoke all of it.
I never said he wasn't human. Yes, he was human at one time, and partly still is, but the development of the T-800 was based on Marcus Wright's T-700 endoskeleton. Same with the I-950, as that was developed and based on Marcus Wright's brain being uplinked to skynet by a neural net processor.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I expected people to like this movie... but it apears to be quite a turn-down!

Might not watch it then, I personally thought that T3 was the worst movie ever, there was a lot of action in that movie but it was just TOO much and the story felt like some lame excuse to make a Terminator movie.

This one apears to be set in the future where the world is allready destroyed, so I thought it would be a "refreshing" movie compared to the previous one and would make up for T3's lame story.

D: is it still worth the money if you hated T3?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
putting it bluntly:

the lack of James Cameron is very very evident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom