Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, without the teleport delay the game was much faster

• I don't care ... i never teleport annyway

• Total voters
Best answers
hmmmmm ok
my opinion (and i state this now b4 ppl start to think im ranthing) is that the teleport delay is kinda weak u know........ i know nothing i say will change things and thats alright becuz its not MY game and im not calling the shots and it prolly wont affect how much i play the game . but thease forums r here to give us a voice so in stead of getting all ****ty and kicking up a sting about how much me and my friends dislike the tp delay im just gona say my part and b done with it.

i dont like it....

sure there r pros to it.. ne decission would but in mine and many others opinions those pros r far outweighted by the cons.
maybe if the pros for this change were discused with the comunity beyond "it stops ppl binding" u could end ne further speculation. ppl might still think its sucks.. but atleast its reasons r "clear"

like i said b4.. the forums r our voice....we know that u dont have to change everything we dont like......... but we still wanna b heard and eknowledged.so ontop of my opinioin i ask a simple question......y? that all i or ne1 elst can expect.

hay wadda know...........i didnt freak out like i normaly do... i must b sick

Best answers
Well you see...You could pretty much constantly teleport away avoiding melee completely (which would make melee stupid now the swoop speed is decreased)
Beams had next to no chance of hitting, whereas they have a better chance now.
Teleport is really only for last second attacking/or a "rescue move" as DJ-Ready said. not mass usage.
Especially since melee is now not locked on, can you imagine those players (like myself) who liked to constantly teleport and recharge ki to dodge everything with the new melee? Advanced melee would go down the pan and everyone would wanna keep to using simple melee :S

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Rofl dan ur so right in esf 1.2 u can BEAMJUMP around the map, and how much ki does it costs? way less then teleporting around the map.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, people never did use millions of teleports in 1.1 or 1.0 because of a few reasons.

Your seeming to forget that teleports cost quite a bit of KI Shuyin. To get across the map, you'd basically use ALL your ki. It wasn't hard for the other guy to just teleport up to him by pressing the button fast enough and then hit him before he could charge enough to zoom off somewhere else. In the 1-2 years i played esf, i don't think i came across one guy who abused binded teleports so much that it totally disrupted the game.

I still lack to see the advantage that binded teleports gave, since they always seemed a waste to me....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleport is useless as a "rescue move". The reasons why it is shouldnt be used as such have been explained before. Teleport should be used to confuse your opponent, but it should also be used as an offensive tactic. With the delay, teleport becomes hard to use offensively.

There is absolutley no reason at all why this delay should be in esf. The "because people used the scroller" and other bs just doest fly with most of the community. If you like the delay because people cant confuse you with teleport anymore, then you are a ***** (other name for cat). Why should all of us have to suffer because a few guys cant keep up with everyone else?

As for the "it helps beams hit people now": omfg. That right there shows that the delay isnt very useful when it comes to getting away from beams. This came right from the mouth of a supporter of the delay. People like the delay, because it makes killing guys easier. The challenge is gone for these spammers.

I would still like to hear a good reason as to why the delay was implemented.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nuff said mabye one of the 4 people who voted the 1st option care to explain ? :eek:)

Best answers
ok sure beamjumps used more often theres a pro.. but have u ever been able to sucsessfully dodge a beam (sucsefully as in no damage) with a beamjump. (i wont say melee becuz yea that gets spammed all the time.)
it dosnt happen that often.

a delay donsnt just affect defencive side of the game......offencively many ppl would find there range of options would be sevearly limited by a delay. im not gonna go into how i use teleporting offencively that would b counter productive.... but everything that can be done in esf seems to be balenced so that it can be both used offencivly and defencivly. so changing something in one scene will obvouldly alter it in another...... YING AND YANG FOLKS. and like i implyed b4....... nothin i can do to change it so ill get around it........ but i still wanna know y.. theres whats missing the y... we have the y of other ppl... but not from those of the team... it was said that it was a unanomous decision so theres obvouly a good reason........but the reason is the thing that isnt obvoius.... thats what i think Zti wants to know and strangly now so do i.

Best answers
I seriously HATE teleport delay.....its more of a handicap than something useful ;/

As carnage said....Imagine someone firing a fully charged final flash at you,

You teleport once..now you have to wait 0.5 seconds (wich you can't afford because a final flash with your name on it is about to explode) before you can teleport again...you can imagine whats going to happen................BOOOM! your dead.

grOOvy, can u list the positive things about this delay for us to understand?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj4goku58 said:
ok sure beamjumps used more often theres a pro.. but have u ever been able to sucsessfully dodge a beam (sucsefully as in no damage) with a beamjump. (i wont say melee becuz yea that gets spammed all the time.)
it dosnt happen that often.
I didn't mean the beamjump is being used to dodge beams, i meant that people are using it to travel across the map. You go ssj, turn turbo on and beamjump with a generic.
There was this one guy who was Gohan on Namek Revival, and he kept beam jumping to the other side in mere seconds, and no one could keep up. He then went on to proceed with kame spamming everyone with this cheap as dirt tactic.

I find that much more spammable than being able to teleport across a map, with no effect.

Best answers
So much for my "facts" huh? Let's see where this is going, so far its 4-14. In the end, we'll see what wins.

Best answers
Never really liked the delay, i'm voting for the 3rd option.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A small poll where everyone from a particular clan comes to vote against the teleport delay is hardly going to sway the development team. Now based on the type of arguments going on in this thread, the fact that the dev. team added the teleport delay for a reason, and also on confirmation from an admin - this thread is now closed.

The teleport delay will remain a feature of Earth's Special Forces, as decided by the team, regardless of your clan vote. Do not make another thread of the same content, this topic isn't debatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom