I did in one specific scene in Saikano a couple of years ago
such a good anime

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you ever cried watching an anime?

I haven't, but I've come close watching Gundam Seed.

Oh i've cried. As a gundam fan i cried about how much they ****ed up the francheise with seed.

Lucky the y redeemed themselves a bit with 00 ^^

Other than that not really. But i do get an ocassional laughter over my face when you see the good guy wipe the floor with the bad guy (or vice versa depending on whichone i like more XD)

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cried one when goku had that desturbing image of fusing with mr satan

Best answers
One Anime....

CLANNAD and its second season CLANNAD ~After Story~.

This show made me cry in buckets. Only other show that made me cry was Air.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. I guess I felt a bit sad at the end of Death Note, but that's about as close as I've ever come to crying because of an anime.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. I guess I felt a bit sad at the end of Death Note, but that's about as close as I've ever come to crying because of an anime.
Same here....
Ohh, i've remembered a scene from Naruto Shippuuden with Naruto crying over Gaara's body and stuff. That was sad...i almost cried. :|

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not me. The FMA movie made me feel a little sad but no where near crying.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came close during Trigun during
during Wolfwood's demise
and at the end of Cowboy Bebop as well.

Clannad hit me hard a couple of times as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some **** from Elfen Lied came close. Rozen Maiden had two major points that managed to do it, both of them in the two season finales.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cried when I heard Akeboshi's Wind (1st Naruto ED) for the first time, but I was 14/15 back then

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I didn't cry, but came close to crying nearly when in Naruto,
Zabuza died

And almost when in FMA,
Maes Hughes was killed

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time I cried was when I saw episode 11 entitled "Affection" from Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG and then the conclusion of that story at the end of the anime. It was so unexpectedly emotional and sad. If you put the situation of both kids in realistic perspective it hits so hard :(. I cried like a *****.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gah im going to hate myself for admitting this.

i have always been fairly detached, i think i went a solid 10+ years without crying over anything up until my mother died. And well, now i cry like a ****ing baby over stupid ****.

anything i watch that has anything related to family whether it be father/mother, happy/sad hits me hard as fawk. USUALLY anime doesn't hit that note, however Im sure there are exceptions. I dont think i could sit through fullmetal alchemist for example, one of the more kiddish animes ive seen, without shedding a few tears. The whole "brothers sacrificing everything to see thier mother again" thing.

i would say maybe i held it in for so long that it just burst out, but that would be too deep. I dont care, It got me laid.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to cry when in G Gundam,

Master Asia died. Domon having to surpass and kill his Master to stop his plan was such an agonizing thing to do. As he lied in Domon's arms realizing the folly of his ways, you wish he could have gone on to help Domon defeat the Dark (Devil) Gundam. But when he started to cry and he and Domon recited their school motto while looking in to the sun set as Master passes away.

When grown men cry/hold back crying in movies, that's what can pluck my heart strings. Mother-based things too.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to cry when in G Gundam,

Master Asia died. Domon having to surpass and kill his Master to stop his plan was such an agonizing thing to do. As he lied in Domon's arms realizing the folly of his ways, you wish he could have gone on to help Domon defeat the Dark (Devil) Gundam. But when he started to cry and he and Domon recited their school motto while looking in to the sun set as Master passes away.

When grown men cry/hold back crying in movies, that's what can pluck my heart strings. Mother-based things too.
That's why in FMA
Hughes death hit me a little harder than most. You got a widowed mother having a hard time with her daughter's questions while his best friend tells Riza that the tears on his face are teardrops. Manly tears were shed

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FMA had me two times, with the Hughes thing and the Nina thing (chimera)

it happens a few times a year that I'm a bit teary because of movies or anime, elfen lied got me too btw.

it only happens when I'm alone and can let go.. it's kinda weird, but it makes me feel rather refreshed :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom