Tablets. Wich... What size? What to look for when buying?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol

I want to get myself a tablet but im not sure what to look for, I've heard from some ppl that wacom is a good brand etc.

I am looking into this

https://www.macconnect.de/images/intuos3_a6.jpg

I dont know if its big enough or too small or what. How big does a tablet screen need to be for confortable drawing full bodied characters?

I mainly want to use it for working in photoshop mayby learn skinning with it also practasing my drawing skills with it.

Thanks guys.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, it's not big enough in my opinion. Find the wacom tablet without those little buttons. Mine has 6.5in X 7in of drawing space and it's more on the cheaper side.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in my experience ive had two sizes 4x5 and 6x8 (i think >_>) the 4x5 was almost the same, but it was harder to freely sketch, unless you like small hand movements when drawing i wudnt go for a 4x5 but if its what u want then its not a huge deal... but the bigger the better really =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mhh, the price is... not so very well.

I think i will go for the bigger size then. Thanks guys.

BTW what did you pay for yours?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt get an official wacom >_> i didnt have the money, i got a Trust design and work tablet which was £60 but reduced to £30 in a sale

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mhh interesting, does it work just as good lol?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a 6x8 Wacom Graphire 3 that works well for me which I got for $160 off of amazon.com.
From what I've heard the Wacom brand seems to be the best out there; their tablets are sturdy, easy to install, and unlike some of the other tablet manufacturers, you don't need batteries to operate the pen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mhhh the intuos3 seems to have double the sensitivity of the Graphire so i might be going for the intuos it has quite allot of extra's

Hope my dad can sponser me with itm cuz its hella expensive...

Best answers
*khh* *khh* money waste plx ... no, joke but still, i wanted to buy, but i realized its serious waste, since i have a notebook and a pc ... :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah but its really nice for skinning with and drawing with and using with gfx progs.

Your looking at it the wrong way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol he mean he can draw on his laptop finger mouse thing... nway i heard by some tablet users that tablets rnt that important.. you can use the mouse either.. you just need to know how. ;)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know it improved my skinning skills, and it's just fun drawing random stuff ^_^

anyway, i have a Genius tablet....
might sound a little weird heh..
when i first bought it, it was very hard for me to adjust to it...then i just packed it and it collected dust for a month or so, then i said to myself and i wont let it go to a waste and i tried it for a week and i realised that it's great.

my tablet is HUGE, it takes half of my desk, which is a little annoying but it's really handy when making full sized drawings! ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate genius :\ in my opinion a really cheap brand. But Sounds like your TABLET is great.

BTW how does tablet's mouses work? NO cord and no batteries? a bit wierd, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom