sys requirments

Best answers
i reckon that the esf crtew should suggest some sys config requirements i mean esf is kind of intensive for some computers (beams firing,beams exploding,when u swoop near ground and dust rises)

maybe sys configs like this
(min)
p3 or athlon 800mhz
128mb pc133 ram (256 rec)
32mb geforce 2 mx or radeon 7500

recomened requirments

1.5ghz pentium 4 or Athlon xp 1800+ or up
64mb geforce 4 mx440 or 64mb radeon 8500
256mb ddr266 ram

i use to use ath 800 and it ran fine (i was also using my bro's ASUS geforce 2 GTS) and it ran well

my sys config now is

ATHLON XP 2400+
512MB PC2700 (DDR333) RAM - MY RAM DOESN'T RUN AT FULL SPEED - BOARD DOESN'T SUPPORT DDR 333 SO IT RUNS AT 266MHZ
64MB LEADTEK GEFORCE 4 Ti4200
40GIG QUANTUM FIREBALL HDD
GIGABYTE MAINBOARD (can't remeber what model thou)

anyway tell me what u think wat would be good for sys requirements

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
none

if the gfx is too much for the pc turn some off

i mean if ur pc can run hl it can run esf so just look at hl min requirements

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing between HL requirements and ESF requirements is OpenGL ...
there nothing we can add what wouldn't work in HL ... so both are equal

like in every game: if you've got to low FPS, lower resolution and quality

Best answers
well, esf works fine on my com but there is an opengl glitch. when u start a game a little black spaure comes up (well rectange black saquare) i just pause the game and go back into it and it's fine). anyway i just think esf is a hell of a lot intensive stuff for a com to run. i mean hl requires a 133mhz p and i think a min sys config like dat would really suffer - but if u had a decent running com i think u should be ok

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj_perfect said:
well, esf works fine on my com but there is an opengl glitch. when u start a game a little black spaure comes up (well rectange black saquare) i just pause the game and go back into it and it's fine). anyway i just think esf is a hell of a lot intensive stuff for a com to run. i mean hl requires a 133mhz p and i think a min sys config like dat would really suffer - but if u had a decent running com i think u should be ok
the opengl glitch is an HL bug and has nothing to do with ESF ... browse the forum to find a way to solve this "problem"

if you turn off the fx and lower the quality in ESF, it should on a 133MHz PC as good as HL does

Best answers
Nretep said:
the opengl glitch is an HL bug and has nothing to do with ESF ... browse the forum to find a way to solve this "problem"

if you turn off the fx and lower the quality in ESF, it should on a 133MHz PC as good as HL does
Actually, halflife itself doesn't run that well at a 133MHz PC after all the patching valve did.

With enough memory, and a videocard that supports OpenGL, you can run esf at a 233MHz Pentium at 10-20 fps, if you carefully pick the maps to play in.

Best answers
any1 using a machine for esf 400mhz or below (my guest com is a p2400 and i have to run it on software but soon i will get a geforce 2 4 it soon) probably an mx400

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom