Super Smash Bros: Brawl

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Spoilers allowed, non-whited posts allowed for spoilers)

First off, don't complain if you see a spoiler you don't want to see because I finally edited the topic title, and I don't like to take my time to white my spoilers, unless I have to. So, beware.

Since the thread is a month old, and I don't want to bump it, I guess I'll create a new thread. Who's extremely excited about this game? It seems like the creator made a big mistake and accidentally confirmed various, multiple characters. The creator posted an update tonight at around 11 P.M.(My time, which was 9 minutes ago, or so.) And I was quite excited to hear the news:

January 31st, 2008. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has officially gone on sale in Japan. Is everybody having fun with it?

However, Smash won’t come out in North America for a bit and sadly, Europe has an even longer wait until the game releases.

For the past eight months or so, Smash Dojo has served as a source of basic information for the game, but with the release of Brawl, the Dojo will take on a new role.

From here on out, the Dojo will begin to introduce the hidden characters, hidden stages, and additional features in Brawl that have gone unmentioned until now. I’d like to continue to add on to the Dojo so that players of Brawl can come back to this website following it’s completion and view Smash Dojo as a sort of guide for the game.

I plan on continuing updates for another two months, so please continue to enjoy the site.

Just remember, I’ll be posting information on hidden characters and other in-game secrets, so you should take caution when viewing the site if you want to save those surprises for later.
Any thoughts, anyone?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I've seen what looks to be a fairly complete character roster on youtube coupled with vids that confirm the secret characters in gameplay vids as well, so I think I've got almost all of them

I am going to keep checkin in just because of Sakurai's enthusiasm and how funny he talks. I'm not sure if it's just funky translator's or his humor, but it cracks me up. He's almost child like.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

What's this? The blue bomber makes his Wii debut on Smash! Hero to man, this courageous robot defends us from Robot Masters that Wily has reprogrammed! But what of his older brother Protoman?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be so full of win I think my pants would erupt.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mega man is not in brawl, suffer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are only 2 third parties. Sonic and Snake. Megaman isn't in. The full roster ends at 35 characters, more if you count ZSS (now selectable without final smash), Sheik, and all 3 pokemon that the trainer uses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting tired of hearing about this, they didn't even think about putting in any characters for Super Mario RPG.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting tired of hearing about this, they didn't even think about putting in any characters for Super Mario RPG.
Nope. I won't spoil anything here about brand new characters, but the revealed character list is lackluster...mainly because there are still clones. Ganondorf got the worst of it. He didn't get his sword to use in the fight, but one of his 3 taunts actually has him pulling the sword out and smirking. Otherwise, he's still a Captain Falcon clone.

Also, MOAR LANDMASTERS!!!! -_-;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already know who the new characters are, and it's safe to say that I've been let down.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who are the clones? Ganondorf as well as a couple fox ones? Is Luigi still a clone of Mario as well?

I think I can count 5 or 6 clones out of 35 characters. I don't see them as bad as others do because they play differently enough from eachother. In SSBM, Ganondorf was a slow but powerful Captain Falcon with different A attacks. He was different enough that you had to change your style of play if you were to choose him instead of C. Falcon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the end, there weren't any 100% clones expect Dr. Mario, which was completely a waste of space and time in the character select screen.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dr. mario was badass though. He wasn't a 100% clone though, didn't his pills do slightly different damage and act differently?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who are the clones? Ganondorf as well as a couple fox ones? Is Luigi still a clone of Mario as well?

I think I can count 5 or 6 clones out of 35 characters. I don't see them as bad as others do because they play differently enough from eachother. In SSBM, Ganondorf was a slow but powerful Captain Falcon with different A attacks. He was different enough that you had to change your style of play if you were to choose him instead of C. Falcon.
I really, really, think the whole "omg clones!" scare on gamefaqs is purely overblown because they are so eager to play the game, and they need SOMETHING to talk (see:complain) about. But they didn't have to give (spoilers) Fox, Falco, AND Wolf all Landmasters for their final smashes...

First people were like "WHAT THE ****?! YOU CAN ONLY PLAY AS ZERO SUIT SAMUS WITH A FINAL SMASH BALL?! SAKURAI IS AN IDIOT!" and then they found out you could play as her by holding "R" while selecting Samus.

Yeah those kinds of people don't need this game.

Oh, and on a semi-related subject.

Annnnnnd Sonic didn't make the list!

KidBoy17;869374 (After I bet him Sonic would be in) said:
I will gladly take that bet. I say he will be a trophy character and you say a fully playable one.
Yep =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shadow the Hedgehog is a Trophy character.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really, really, think the whole "omg clones!" scare on gamefaqs is purely overblown because they are so eager to play the game, and they need SOMETHING to talk (see:complain) about.
Yeah, typical gamefaqs users will whine about just about anything and everything they can in between their RP or hurt/heal threads

But they didn't have to give (spoilers) Fox, Falco, AND Wolf all Landmasters for their final smashes...
That I'll agree with. Are the other clones FSes the same as their counterparts or do we know that yet?

First people were like "WHAT THE ****?! YOU CAN ONLY PLAY AS ZERO SUIT SAMUS WITH A FINAL SMASH BALL?! SAKURA IS AN IDIOT!" and then they found out you could play as her by holding "R" while selecting Samus.

Yeah those kinds of people don't need this game.
Yeah, the huge thing with this is those who play in tournaments hate having items turned on because it adds randomness into the match, which I can sort of see, but think it's still ridiculous to think pros should only play as top-tier characters on maps without certain features. It makes me almost wish there was no final destination!!!!1!! in Brawl just to see them whine about that, haha. Maybe I don't get it since I'm just a casual player.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For **** sake, go look up the characters on youtube and check the move sets...

Ganon is not a clone. He has very few similar moves but he is in no way a clone.

Luigi was never a clone, and anyone that says so doesn't know **** about smash bros.

Falco is quite similar, but tbh **** Falco.

Best answers
falco for brawl actually looks really different from fox this time around, all(or at least most) of his A moves/smashes are different, he throws his reflector instead of using it as a shield, and his laser is still different.

and like warren said luigi wasn't even close to a clone of mario they don't play the same at ALL. Ganon also has some new moves(at the very least some of his tils got changed, his up B and over B got changed, thats what i've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom