suggestion to make 2 phases or full game release petition again (inside details)

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Because it is very buggy with very bad graphics (for this gen)
It doesn't has any servers
This open beta is very bad and not good especially for this gen
And this is not real and can't be phase for esf final not open beta
So please just do 2 phases for this amazing game it will awesome to do something For meanwhile in our freetime
Yeah, they're bad for this gen because they weren't made for this gen. It's like a what? 5-6 (7 or 8 maybe) year old mod based on an even older game. Listen dude, we aren't gonna get 2-3-4-5-6-7 however phases you want, because it just wont happen. Open Beta Final was a shitfest and the forums turned into aids when it happened and you still wont listen/understand to us when we say it's not gonna happen. It won't happen, just wait patiently for the final release.

Last edited:
Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The last time when Mastasurf ask us to vote for the phase 1 and phase 2 release . Phase 1 was a little tied from phase 2 then a day later someone increased it. It was so upsetting, I thought it was a set up...

Last edited:
Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The last time when Mastasurf ask us to vote for the phase 1 and phase 2 release . Phase 1 was a little tied from phase 2 then a day later someone increased it. It was really upsetting.
Thats generally how vote systems have been panning out for the past 3 centuries. You were on the shorter end of the stick and your opinion didnt get voiced out, we get it. Either way this doesn't change the fact that you guys need to stop asking for betas/demos/alphas/phases and just learn how to stop making the same goddamn posts/threads every week or month and learn that the Devs won't release another poll or decide to release betas. It's final, just deal with it.

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I wait 5 year
so you wish (

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I've always been a lurker around here most of the times around here. I enjoyed the old times where someone would ask about a release date and everyone would flame that guy and say "It's done when it's done!!! STOP ASKING ABOUT IT!", but I guess people don't do that anymore :(.

My opinion (not that anyone cares) about the current situation of the project is that the team is doing this just for fun. As far as I can tell, they don't have a full concept of their own idea, they're just developing as they grow on ideas for the project. I believe that if their goal was to make a good game for the audience they would had switched engines by now, but I figured that they just enjoy programming for this project, adding more stuff to this is what they actually enjoy, more than finishing a good project. The project will take as long as they take to run out of ideas or until they actually get tired of it and just release it. But I'm actually afraid that when something takes so long one might actually just lose interest and it will be left unfinished. I lost my really old copy of Half Life like a decade ago and I'm waiting for the team to release this and see if the final product is actually worth getting Half Life for again.

I just want to make clear that this isn't a complain, is just my observation. I actually enjoy watching every update, not because it makes me think "oh god, the release date is getting closer" like most of the people around here, but because I've been following this project for like 10 years and I enjoy watching how the team turn such an old engine into such a beautiful thing.

I'm a programmer myself and just can't help to think how extraordinary it is to achieve something this huge (not considering the time it took them for taking it this far, I understand that they don't spend all day on this), it makes me wish that someday I do something this huge with my programming skills instead of some weekly/montly work projects, I would just love that.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
@Grega: Most demos actually state that they represents a work still in development and not a complete product. (Though I understand many demos are released just weeks before a games release, that demo was probably a private build from a much earlier date in development that has finally gone public)

And technically Open Beta doesn't even count, most if not all of that tech was scrapped for a new system. From what's been stated, they just started over, and implemented some of the existing features to the FINAL version.

I'm just putting in my two cents here, and I'm sure everyone appreciates all the hard work and unpaid effort this team is putting into a free product. I think what they are trying to say is: If they did do a 2 phase release, it might just be a big rerun, and even though the new version would be nice and shiny, it would probably be just as buggy(or more) as Open Beta, and everyone would want a patch or fix to make it more stable. And THAT is a no no. Y'all won't be satisfied, some of you will still find something to complain about even when the full release comes, but by then, all is said and done, and the team did their part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom