Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The current situation

- The mod is dying

- The mod is incomplete but perfectly playable

Aug 2012
Layne said:
actualy, we constantly do our portion of work, it could be faster, but we reached a point where we don't add new stuff, and concentrate on the final release. The point where we stoped adding new stuff and concentrated on the more important stuff was reached long ago, right now i can load the game, choose from a variety of finished maps, choose from a variety of finished/polished models, with houndreds of individual animations ( all hail DT ) and play for several hours
using finished meele , beams, transformations etc, and have all of that rendered with a a stunning new lighting/texture/audio/composition and fx quality which we upgraded soooo much, and puted sooo much work on. it's just, the main "core" element behind the whole game works, we just don't have all the content, and we don't wanna do like 2 or 3 releases, with new models and maps, we wanna prepare a solid release. We could release the game with a few fine maps and models of quality you won't even find in the actual ps3 games, all that works, we show that in a few videos. It's just a matter of content, which we want to gather as much as possible for 1 big release, i don't know a release date, no one on the team knows, but for me, christmass 2012 is possible : )
http://bit.ly/SJOLd0

Aug2012
Layne said:
Well, uhm, as i said earlier, a huge portion of the game is done, i was playing today for like 1 h with lot's of characters and on a few maps, im not saying that to make your waiting suck even more, just to make a point that ESF 1.3 is realy done in a huge percentage. It's stable, fun to play, just how we aimed for it to be, there are few things which are missing, and that's what keeping as from a release, as i said eariler, from how i see things, it could be possible to release on christmas or even sooner. Maybe im wrong, couse i don't see the code behind the whole thing, but on second though , i can't be as that far off from my calculations, couse everytime i play the game, it seems mostly completed, stuff is missing, but we are definetly closer to the point where we can think about releasing. But i only clean here, so the release decision is not on me hah. Im just sharing my honest point about what i see when i play the current inteam version, i think you guys deserve that.
http://bit.ly/QLLjIC

The fans want a new open beta.
The ESF Team have fear of the negative comments of the ignorant fans. (like open beta final)

[HR][/HR]

Solution

1. Release a demo.
- 1 character (or 2)
- 1 map

2. Add a completion percentage in the homepage.

3. Release punctually POTW (and possibly MOTM).

4. don't be rude with the new fans/member.

5. Don't turn this forum into a concentration camp. (with the ban hammer)

6. Write on the homepage daily progress. (like a changelog)

7. Update the website with the new logo, screenshots, videos and working downloads.

Benefits

- the popularity of the old days

- new fans

- old fans return

- better reputation

- feedback (positive and negative)

- peace and reconciliation with all fans <3

- the fans wil not ask for a release date

If you liked Masta-Hitler here is the big picture. :D
Don't kill me, don't ban me. I only expressed my opinion. :paper:
Don't close this thread, don't delete this thread. :paper:

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh this gave me a good laugh. Oh thanks man. I needed that one. I was a bit sad today but this has cheered me up.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
- The mod is dying
This is rendered entirely invalid due to the fact that the mod's development is still active. The amount of people who are actively following the mod in this case is absolutely not indicative of the amount of effort being put towards it. Like Grega himself said, the inteam version of the mod gets updated around 4 times a day.

- the fans wil not ask for a release date
Bull ******* shit.

I only expressed my opinion.
Which you attempted to supplement with a picture of Mastasurf's head photoshopped onto Hitler.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The current situation

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/879/898841articlepopupnerdv.jpg http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5167/peoplevert.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4858/campodisterminio.jpg

You make me laugh

The mod is dying
False

The mod is incomplete but perfectly playable
False

Solution

1. Release a demo.
- 1 character (or 2)
- 1 map
No.

2. Add a completion percentage in the homepage. No.

3. Release punctually POTW (and possibly MOTM). In my new role of PR I plan to do this

4. don't be rude with the new fans/member. We aren't if they are nice to us

5. Don't turn this forum into a concentration camp. (with the ban hammer) It's not if you choose to get along with the rest of the forum

6. Write on the homepage daily progress. (like a changelog) No

7. Update the website with the new logo, screenshots, videos and working downloads. You going to do that?

Benefits

- the popularity of the old days

- new fans

- old fans return

- better reputation Last four aren't going to happen

- feedback (positive and negative) Mostly negative

- peace and reconciliation with all fans <3 Won't happen

- the fans wil not ask for a release date Yes they will

If you liked Masta-Hitler here is the big picture. :D Masta isn't German Btw and doesn't visit the forum much
Bolds are my replies

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do hope you guys get AIDS.

But in response to this post, its a PR issue that will not be rectified by having an open beta, because that isn't what you guys want. You just want to play the game. Fine, whatever. But stop pretending that you'd help in the development process by actively finding and reporting bugs. There will be a spike in activity where people will bombard the forum with help questions, the community will complain about aspects of the game without presenting a legitimate way to fix it, and if there are any real gameplay changes that need to be made, they're probably not going to change anything anyway so its an exercise in futility.

AIDS, though. All of you.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh so you still haven't given up on the idea, huh?
I get it. The thing with expressing your opinion and all. But comparing the forums with nazi concentration camps and one of the developers with Hitler is too much in my opinion.
The mod is certainly not dying. Every respectable member from this forums that follows the mod would understand that.
The mod may be stable at most times but that doesn't make it "perfectly playable". First of all there's no such thing as a "perfectly playable" game. Every game has bugs even after it's released and patched. Secondly it's something that only the devs know, not any forum member.
What Layne meant is that the big release is closing in. And that's great news.

Also.... how do you know that all of the fans want an open beta? Nobody asked me if i want one. Because i sure don't want one.
You're practically speaking in the name of all fans just to "state you opinion" about the open beta. For short....because you're greedy and childish and want to play the game right now.

While the demo is an option it's up to them to decide that. It's their project. The one that they've been working on for all these years.
And some of your requests are simply not possible for someone that does this in their free time for free.
People are still gonna complain and ask when it's done and all that shit. I've been here long enough to notice that.

I honestly don't like your "campaign" because of your approach and if i were a moderator i would've warned you for this by now.
So stop complaining that the community is rude to new people because you didn't receive any warning yet, did you?

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The mod isn't dying, the community has been dying. The rules have actually severely loosened up since the community was thriving. Then the rules were overly enforced and resulted in half the forum being banned by Pain.

The open beta thing is moot, and the rest of your opinion is a wash because you're one of the more notorious whiners this community has had, so even if your thread was well constructed and had thought out opinions (which it doesn't), you're hard to take seriously. People don't want an open beta, they just want the game. The only thing remotely true is that the team doesn't like certain criticism, which is partially true and only applies to a very small percentage of the development team who shall remain nameless. Masta wouldn't be one of them as he's generally pretty chill and laid back. Also when the majority of new people open up with shit-talking and being ignorant dipshits like Aurum, they deserve to get dogpiled.

The only thing I have against the team is they (and as said before, this only applies to a select few) don't preview content unless it's pitch perfect, which is dumb because even if it was you'll have your dumbshits making stupid criticisms about where a fold in a shirt would be or whatever. People have really just been wanting to see how combat would be between two people, as the pace and skillset of the game is still in question. People know the game is in development, and telling the community what's being worked on is just a nice way to connect.

Natural Selection 2 did it fine, even the most miniscule things would be touched on as devs used their dev journals and showed what they were doing under the hood. Preview videos were shown on the content being worked on, and there would be *gasp* animation/graphical errors in the videos. But they were big boys and shrugged off the messages they got about people talking shit about said errors, since the game wasn't in development.

oh yea your thread sucks

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You know what big underlined colored text makes you look like?

And since the servers (and you) are located in countries were the holocaust isn't considered "fun", I suggest you shut the **** up or I will end your stay in this forum. Permanently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom