Suggest to modify Model style

Best answers
The esf1.3 style too propensity European comic style.However,dragonball is full of Asian style.I think dragon ball games also should try to restore the original style.

--- edit ---

In addition.The esf1.3 style too propensity European comic style.However,dragonball is full of Asian style.I think dragon ball games also should try to restore the original style.

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure I understand what you mean

Can you maybe show some examples of the differences between European style DBZ and the Japanese style?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think the models are alright + you can change the cell shading and other things in game so i'm pretty sure you can get the effect you want.

Best answers
The most obvious difference is the nose of a style too realistic.The shape of the hair slightly worse.But I don't know how to send figure, otherwise, there will be a more detailed comparison

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Eh, going directly by the source doesn't always mean it's the right way to go. Sometimes you put your own style to things and try to make it your own. It makes it easier to keep working on a project that way when you have your own style going into it.

Best answers
But,Dragon Ball Multiverse, although is a submission for the manga, but he didn't try to keep the original style? Have the original style, players will be more welcome.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a 3d game not a manga(2d) so...yeah.
Cell shading of the models may be an option but it's up to them.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The models are pretty close to their manga counterparts. What are you talking about?

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
does it even matter

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

looks pretty damned close to

Best answers
Mostly of reduction is very good, but vegeta, wukong, Foley sand prototype is European style, May be asians and europeans aesthetic view is different

Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And in the anime Piccolo has 5 fingers while in the manga he has 4. Though quite honestly im not sure if there even is a colored picture from the manga where his mouth is open.

I think the models are alright + you can change the cell shading and other things in game so i'm pretty sure you can get the effect you want.
Not really. You will not be able to get a Cell Shaded look ingame without editing the models/textures yourself.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh .. ok

Why i was sure that i have read that there will be cell shade option in game ?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mostly of reduction is very good, but vegeta, wukong, Foley sand prototype is European style, May be asians and europeans aesthetic view is different
For those wondering, Wukong is Son Goku in Chinese.. Akira's Son Goku was based on Wukong, a small ape like kid with a staff and tail that went on an adventure. "Foley sand prototype, I have no idea what that is.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knoe Dragonball was based on the Journey to the East, but THX for clearing up the Wokung thing.

In any case if its the name that bothering him, then sorry but this isnt Journey to the East, its Dragonball and his name is Son Goku in the original Japanese manga.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I really don't mind the model style. I really do like the models as they are. I like the style they are going for, any different and it doesn't really match the gameplay, if you know what i mean.
BTW, on the cell shading thing, in the chatbox, didn't Deverz said there will be a graphics editing software thing - a - majig? I don't know if it covers that, but still, maybe it does?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does not cover that.

Its just an external options applications.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Oh, well, I'm sure someone will make a mod. Or you can spend the time waiting for the release learning how to make a mod that does it.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Porting Japanese mange style (huge eyes etc) directly to 3D models looks creepy as ****. Nobody wants that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom