Street Fighter Video Game Fans!!

Pan

Best answers
This video is of a match from Evolution 2004 i found it on the dbzonps2 boards and thought i would post it here so sorry if it's been posted before.

AnywayThe game is Street Fighter 3rd Strike and the players are Daigo (Ken) vs. Justin Wong (Chun-Li). If you're an avid SF player, you'll be freakin amazed.

And for those who dont' play. Let me explain a little parrying. To parry, you have to press FORWARD for each individual hit.

Also, this match is being played during the Semi-Finals. If Daigo wins, he advances. If Justin Wong wins, Daigo is taken out of the tournament since Daigo came from the Losers Bracket because it's a Double-Elimination tournament

Here is the video:

http://media.shoryuken.com/srk-daigo.zip

Pan

Best answers
Anime Legend said:
Thats was just :shocked: amazing i didnt think that was possible.

I didnt either. Usally there too fast to counter and he does it all at once and turns around and does his special and wins it. And he was only at the tip of his life. That was an amazing comeback, makes me wanna go out and buy the game now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pan I like you even more now! Im a 2D Fighters fan :p Im mostly aiming towards SNK (The King of Fighters series is best IMO), But I also like GGX and SF. Also do you visit Shoryuken.com as well?

Best answers
I haven't played SF3, is he doing something special to block each hit? I know in all the other SFs you just hold back, unless there is a different blocking system in SF3 it's not all that impressive.

*edit*
Oh my, he parried each one? Holy crap, that is pretty insane. I also noticed the site dosn't have anything to do with the SF: Alpha series, what's up with that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shoryuken.com has to do with Street Fighter, but mainly players like myself go there to check if they have announced new tournaments and whatnot. I've only been to 2 tournaments that have been held near my house. Most of the players that are good are either from: New York or Japan.

But that right there is skill. He parried all of Chun Li's kick during that Super Move... And its hard to do that unless you have an arcade stick or your realy good at Street Fighter. In Capcom vs. SNK 2 I use the K-Groove though cause "Just Defended" is more simpler than P-Groove's Parry, I have never seen someone use P-Groove like that before. Especially in SF3.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O

Woah, a full parry.... I'm speechless.

Best answers
Dude...how did he do that!??! blocking her kicks are nearly impossible he even caught the air one that was just brillant and that took alot of skill o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I was also suprised that he caught that Jumping Fierce Kick in the end... I guess he predicted that. When your enemy has that much low Health you pretty much know their going to hesitate and just prey they land that one hit that their missing.

YaM

Best answers
I was already contemplating it, but this seals the deal. I'm officially buying Street Fighter Annivarsary Edition and an Xbox as soon as it hits shelves. Can't wait to play online. Anywho, that has to be the most difficult thing I've ever seen anyone do in a video game :shocked: . That dude is clutch. I think I've watched it at least 40 times by now....amazing...

IT'S MADNESS!!!! IT'S MADNESS!!!!!

:laff:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, i don't know streetfighter, but i have to say, that looked amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
shoryuken.com has to do with Street Fighter, but mainly players like myself go there to check if they have announced new tournaments and whatnot. I've only been to 2 tournaments that have been held near my house. Most of the players that are good are either from: New York or Japan.

But that right there is skill. He parried all of Chun Li's kick during that Super Move... And its hard to do that unless you have an arcade stick or your realy good at Street Fighter. In Capcom vs. SNK 2 I use the K-Groove though cause "Just Defended" is more simpler than P-Groove's Parry, I have never seen someone use P-Groove like that before. Especially in SF3.

They're both using arcade sticks :cool:

And yeah I saw this on another forum, that guy rocks at SF.

The Postmaster

T
i'm not even gonna try and dexcribe that.....whatever you would call it, my own vocabulary and human mind can't even begin to describe the sheer awesomeness of that parry. I am forever in debt to that man for opening my eyes. Plus i have a friend who thinks hes this sf super fiend that is undefeatable, well it's safe to say he'll crap himself. if he comes over to watch it (dial-up user) i'll make sure he brings a change of shorts!

Best answers
and i thought i was the best player to ever use ken... O_O

ps: never played SF3...

Best answers
Lol, the beast is unleased i love that video, anyways im not a big fan of street fighter but that video made me want to buy it right there.

Further into the evolution tournie u seen ppl play, Virtua fighter 4, tekken tag, tekken 4, Guilty Gear XX, Marvel vs SNK, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Soul Calibur 2. It is all on gamespot if u want to see the crem-de-le-crem of the fighters for 2d and some 3d's.

I think DOA's series was left out due to counter wins would be to cheesy.

Best answers
actualy, it's not Mrvel vs. SNK, but Capcom vs. SNK... :p

Best answers
HA!i could do that easily too!havent played a street fighter game for years now,but it cant be that difficult. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DustMan2704 said:
HA!i could do that easily too!havent played a street fighter game for years now,but it cant be that difficult. :p
Easier said than done -_-...

I'M GOING TO RULE THE WORLD :D:D.

Meh, it was ok, never played it before so I can't really compare it to what I've seen. Was a little weird that so many people were screaming, had to turn headphones down it was so loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom