Street Fighter IV...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I love this game. The only thing that I hate about SF4 is Seth. He makes me never want to play this game again. Even on easy.
Hey, whats wrong with Seth? Just cause he was taught different by Ken and uses a Taunt as an Attack doesn't make him bad!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I cashed in all of my PWNED points yesterday for SF IV. In 2-4 weeks, I should have the game. :D

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Years ago I played Street Fighter on the MUGEN engine :p.
Was pretty funny to add your own streetfighter characters, backgrounds and stuff like that.:D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You're better off playing this with friends though, Live is riddled with horrible, cheap players who do nothing but exploit one or two moves.
:-\ Why don't they fix issues like this? Haven't they learned from the previous games and other fighting games?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't really prevent people from using move that are considered cheap.

Capcom's response to that is most likely "L2play". You know, it's not so much that the moves are cheap.. it's .. hmm. It's difficulty of execution and the power of them, really. I can understand Akuma's special (light punch, light punch, back + light kick, light punch, medium punch, heavy punch) doing roughly 50% damage, but Ken's Shoryuken (classic Z+Punch) doing ~25%? That's too much. It's too much damage for an easy move.

Some people would call characters like Ken "accessible". But once you understand the basic and mechanics, you should stop using the same move over and over. I don't care if I lose to Ken, as long as he was a skillful player. But let me demonstrate how a match versus Ken usually goes;

ROUND... START !

"SHORYUKEN!"
"SHORYUKEN!"
"SHORYUKEN!"
"SHORYUKEN!"
"SHORYUKEN!"
"SHORYUKEN!"
"YOU LOSE."

Better explained with (I did not make this);

Best answers
If you lose to the ken you deserve to lose. The scrubs who throw out shoryuken all the time usually throw out fierces, all you have to do is block. If you block a fierce shoryuken you can do literally anything you want to them. Then when you block the fierce shoryuken, walk up like you're going to attack them as they stand up, and instead block again! He will almost inevitably throw out another which will get blocked, and you can do whatever you want again. Now they are either a gigantic scrub and will keep throwing out shoryukens, and you can just keep punishing, or they are scared out of their mind and won't throw anymore.

Also that flow chart is awesome :), it's been my background for a couple days now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RUFUS CAN SUCK MY **** capsfiltersucksballs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he'd like that, too. His happy trail is so mesmerizing....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His death would bring me happiness...BUT I CAN'T DO THAT AFTER 8 ROUNDS.

I respect the hair though. Man knows how to dress.

GOD

edit: All I had to do was spam shoryuken, but my pride would not let me. So much easier when he's always jumping toward me.

edit 2: Goddamnit Seth!

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it sucks that you cant parry like in 3rd strike, but the games ok if you like alpha 3. I would have liked the different special options like in previous games too.

Seth is gay.

I dont like the special grab moves mechanic, where if your standing anywhere near them, the game instantly goes into a cut scene and you get grabbed. In the older games they would at least attempt to grab you, even if the animation was only like 1 frame.

They took out ryus dragon kick, boo.

Its ok though. Pretty fluid combat.

Now just remake 3rd strike... exactly the way it was on ps2, with some new characters and all the old ones... with parrying, and all the moves.

Hell I wouldnt mind it in 2d with super hand drawn sprites, but the cell shading thing was cool too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone here have a Gamertag "o O Freedom O o" or something? Got added a few days ago and I don't know who it is. -.-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't he... on the ESF team? Weren't those guys just a myth?

oooh ho ho c wut i did thar?

Best answers
Well, if anyone got this for the PS3(don't see how you can use a 360 pad), then you can add me and we can duke it out.

PSN: Epedemicc

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, the games okay, although a bit overrated.
Cut and paste SFII with a few changes, poor online search mode, can't fight competitively without buying a separate and overpriced FightStick which are rare to find.

I think with Ono's small experience, bringing back Street Fighter II was a guise to get a cheap buck after they saw so many buy an even worse re-release of SF II. (HD Remix)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had my ass handed to me so many times by both cpu and human...

This game is addicting yet makes me want to kill myself and others D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom