story mode

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not gonna happen.

Besides ESF 1.3 is the last version of ESF we will be releaseing. Thats why its called ESF: Final

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
quoting first post than repeating answer after grega nice keep it goin mous :D

btw. Story mode is just 2 much work.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many times must the same DBZ storyline be eaten up, regurgitated, and re eaten before you are sick of it? If you want a story mode, go play every other DBZ game ever made for the exact same experience you will get anywhere -_-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How many times must the same DBZ storyline be eaten up, regurgitated, and re eaten before you are sick of it? If you want a story mode, go play every other DBZ game ever made for the exact same experience you will get anywhere -_-
Agreed, I am sick of that story Goku being a child in non-canon series :-/

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
Maybe you could make new dragonball story,new dragonball story=new characters to make.........I think you can do it.......
I saw Christmas FX video - Earth's Special Forces Mod for Half-Life - Mod DB and it is aweasome and fantastic but without story it is only fight,fight,fight........

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Maybe you could make new dragonball story,new dragonball story=new characters to make.........I think you can do it.......
I saw Christmas FX video - Earth's Special Forces Mod for Half-Life - Mod DB and it is aweasome and fantastic but without story it is only fight,fight,fight........
With or without storymode, it's always about fighting regardless :).

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember, making a story mode is a lot of work. The team would also like to stick to stuff that occurs in DBZ so a story mode with new characters isn't really going to happen.

Besides, ESF has always been designed as a multiplayer mod, just like Counter Strike. A singleplayer mode would end up as kill bot 5 times, get 1mil PL, kill bot without losing team mates. People would only play it once anyway, so it wouldn't really make up for the amount of time taken.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Without a storyline, Counterstrike is only shooting. Regardless of that fact; it became very popular anyway.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If people want to have a What If scenario.....thats what bots and multiplayer is for! There are so many possible combinations that you can play out at your own disposal already. Use your imaginations instead of relying on being spoonfed, and you will be playing forever.

Last edited:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want a story, go and "WATCH" the anime, or manga, and then after watching an episode go play ESF to be fully immersed into the DBZ action!

A story mode and ESF just do not go together imo.
Its an action game, not an RPG.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm.. I would agree to have a scenario mode, in which you play a sence from the actual storyline but all players are human and not bots. and at the beginning of the scenario mode there will be a short Intro thing going on, and at the end of the scenario mode (The end of the fight -- in which one of the main characters dies finally) there will be a short/medium/long Outro thing (cinematic moments). Which only begin and end within a specific scenario within the DBZ storyline. What do you think?

Edit:
Maybe you choose a ready scenario(out of available options the player gets) within the DBZ world and then have the player(s )choose the characters for the chosen scenario.

If you can go for it, this is gonna be real cool. This would work for small fights with players who can host a temporary small server of their own and play with a few friends. :cool:

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Same thing as just create a single map, dedicate it and name it like "Cell Saga" with real good/evil teams and excluding some characters?

Btw.. ESF 1.2.3 was cool, then a couple of dudes made ecx that almost bring esf to a new level...
Isn't possible that 1.3 had a mod supporting as well so programmers all over the world could edit/create their own gameplay settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom