starship troopers

Best answers
I have been waiting ever since the release of starship troopers the movie, for a game to make its way into the gaming universe and finally that is happening.

Gametrailers has the trailer, and i am stoked about playing it, its on my most wanted list now just cause iv waited so long and its finally comming true.

http://www.gametrailers.com/

Here's some pics for ya

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES, it's finaly comming.
i alway's compair starship troopers to starcraft: broodwar, zerg vs terran.

Best answers
Aye iv been waiting a long time, and it ships in 2005, so my comp will def be up to speed by then trying to decide nvidia or ati tho. I dunno i haven't decided yet ill play hl2 alot so ati, but ati has problems with other games where as nvidia has lots of suppose so i dunno.

A quick edit, during the sequence where the commander said, "Left Flank!"
I heard in the back ground "Kill them, kill them all!", so its obvious ur not playing as rico ^^.

Best answers
JOY! YES!

Ooooh god this is what i've been waiting for ever since i first saw the animetated series. This is great :D

Best answers
Looks incredible. I really can't wait for the damn game. It looks like another great fps that's come out of nowhere like FEAR. The only problem I've got with it after watching the vid, is that the people don't have ragdoll physics. It looks a bit weird seeing objects with physics, but not the people.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool yes.... gameplay tho, looks like crap.

Here is alittle bit of the gameplay.
mission 1
Sarg: Ok troops your mission is you deffend the base from a bug rush
mission 2
Sarg: Mission today is to hold off a bug rush of your base
mission 3
Sarg: You are going to walk around some hallway that just happen to be infested with the bugs... kill them.. oh and there is some other stuff to do like save some scientist guy that has valuable info on the bugs but they have not gotten to him yet... but will most likely kill him when you get the info
mission 4
Sarg: We will insert you in a base that is being rushed by the bugs as we speak

Sounds oh so thrilling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mission 5:

Oh no! Bug in the bathroom! Kill it quick! Heres a flashlight type object.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember there was this really lame Star Ship Troopers game back then for PC that I think was like an RTS of some sort, anyway this one is way better, looks alot like the movie itself.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i have the old game but it freezes just be4 going into the main menu

cant wait for this 1 tho i always wanted to smash some virtual bugs :laff:

Best answers
Game looks awesome, I'd like to know what engine it's being made from, it looks pretty good. What would be great, is if the physics were so good that if you shot off the leg they would squirm and such like in the movie.

Best answers
I can't tell what the physics are lol, he only killed with grenades and the gun at the end of Starshiptroopers 1.

One of the bugs squirmed when he killed it with i guess it is a highpowered shotgun? lol

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
weeee.... lets overkill hordes of bugs with big guns! i love the movie and ill difinitively check out that game :D

Best answers
Hsu said:
Looks cool yes.... gameplay tho, looks like crap.

Here is alittle bit of the gameplay.
mission 1
Sarg: Ok troops your mission is you deffend the base from a bug rush
mission 2
Sarg: Mission today is to hold off a bug rush of your base
mission 3
Sarg: You are going to walk around some hallway that just happen to be infested with the bugs... kill them.. oh and there is some other stuff to do like save some scientist guy that has valuable info on the bugs but they have not gotten to him yet... but will most likely kill him when you get the info
mission 4
Sarg: We will insert you in a base that is being rushed by the bugs as we speak

Sounds oh so thrilling.
What were you expecting???? Looks neat to me. o_O

Best answers
Hah cool didn't even know ign had pics of SST, but the pics they had look really good thanks for sharing ^^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god why oh why couldnt they of done the movie like the books

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause then it wouldn't have that dash of Aliens thrown in for flavor. lol

I had the old starship troopers game. It was really strange to control but had it's merits. It was an interesting idea but clearly not the obvious choice for this franchise.

Screenshots look sweet. Took that brand a while to realize just what it was, huh? That movie SCREAMED first person shooter, practically.

Best answers
Wasn't starcraft based off it, or was SC made before SST?

Best answers
Starcraft couldn't have been made before Starship Troopers, because it's a originally a book by Heinlien. And as good as the movie is, the book is so much better. The game looks good though, and i'll probably pick it up, but i definitly recommend the book to any fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bugs look almost identical to the series! @_@.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom