Stargate SG-1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I just finished watching the ENTIRE series of Stargate SG-1 and I have now come to realize that it is the greatest show on the planet. I still have yet to watch the movies, but the past 3-4 weeks have all been Stargate SG-1 all the time. I never realized how much of the show I had missed because of reruns and mixed up story arcs and time lines, but thankfully all that is cleared up now. I have taken one more step to being able to die happy, well, at least until I finish the movies. And I still feel obligated to watch Atlantis, which I will most likely do as well. Thoughts+comments are welcome I just though I would state my great achievement.

Also if/when the MMORPG comes out anyone want to form a team?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's weird. I've actually been rewatching all the episodes too for the past month or so. I'm up to Season 9 right now, am debating whether or not I should watch Atlantis since I was never really a fan of that show.

Greatest show ever. The next movie comes out at the end of July I think

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stargate is amazing and so is atlantis. The space fights are my favorite, aside from the characters.

Stargate - Continuum is an awesome movie. Got it two weeks ago and was stoked. Only problem I had with the movie is too much Col. Mitchell and not enough Jack O'Niel. Oh and they say the word sh*t a few times in the movie. I believe this might be the first time it happens, not sure though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last episode of season 7 was the most awesome episode in Stargate SG1. Episode 4 of season 4 is by far the most hilarious and best episode ever to grace this earth in any show. You should definitly give Atlantis a spin as well. Space battles are awesome but the Sheppard/McKay combo gives it the true Stargate experience.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was watching Stargate SG1 lately as well! :) and i totally agree with the fact that it's greatest show ever!
I recall seeing a video about a new Stargate game but i don't know it's name...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last episode of season 7 was the most awesome episode in Stargate SG1. Episode 4 of season 4 is by far the most hilarious and best episode ever to grace this earth in any show. You should definitly give Atlantis a spin as well. Space battles are awesome but the Sheppard/McKay combo gives it the true Stargate experience.
Yes the fight with Anubis does indeed own.

I'm definitely going to give Atlantis a try. From what I've seen of it I love Sheppard, and well McKay is McKay. Still need to watch the movies first though...

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyway....the whole stargate system(the gate itself and the wormholes) is nicely thought through! :)
And the funny thing is that, in some way, it could be true!

G
Man I love Stargate, but it went to hell after O'Niel left. Of course, I'm also glad he left, because I can see why he did. He knew the show was over and the writers weren't willing to accept it, he knew they were going to ruin it and he wasn't going to be a part of it. So, I'm glad his name wasn't soiled in the last terrible series.
Atlantis isn't bad, but it's really nothing more than an attempt to make the Stargate lightning strike twice because the producers can't accept that it's time has come. It's dead, and it isn't coming back. McKay is really the saving grace for Atlantis, probably as he was originally a SG-1 character, but all the other characters in the show are dull, repetitive stereotypes. The bland American leader, the alien tough guy, the masculine co-leader woman that definitely ISN'T Carter's long lost alien twin.
That's not to say I hate Atlantis, I enjoy it, but I can't help but realise I'd far, far rather be watching a re-run of a Stargate episode I've already seen.
At least we'll always have the time loop episode..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What?! You need to start watching some Atlantis. Atlantis is, well, similair to SG1, but different in story. And an awesome story at that. I just love the whole Ancients setting. Sheppard is not bland, he has had a terrible past and now has a similair (great) humor like RDA did. McKay vs Sheppard scenes are awesome. McKay vs Zelenka scenes are also awesome. The only characte I hate is Teyla, she makes the entire show dull and boring. That, and she is ugly.

I just wished they would('ve) do(ne) more with the Nox. I mean; the four great races. Nox, Asgards, Ancients and Furlings.

They killed of the Asgards. We had only 2 or 3 episodes with the Nox. Ok, we have plenty of Ancients stuff. And we have only heard the name Furlings twice. Supposedly, the Utopia the rogue officer went to (trough that special gate, together with O'Neill, I forgot the guys name) was made by the Furlings. But we have never seen any picture of them, let alone some information about who they are. Well, except they they sound kind of cute according to O'Neill :p. There is so much to explore in the SG universe. I just hope they will do something with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom