Starcraft or Warcraft 3?

• Starcraft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warcraft 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The games are just very different. As Kurt said I think SC gets a lot of bad rep because of BGH$$$ style maps and stuff like that, where everyone just turtles up and then masses 1 unit or something. With good players on legit maps though (maps that force you to expand) the game can get really interesting, IMO. You're dealing with many expansions all over a map coupled with a fairly large number of units, but small enough that micro DOES matter in certain situations. Your base gets bigger, you establish footholds, make little raids, scout, what have you. You get a large and varied army that can be all over the map. What you get is a precarious balance between micro and macro, often with many different things happening at once and many different tactics possible.

Warcraft 3 is practically 100% micro: a small number of high HP units with every swing of the axe pretty much meaning something important. Your army rarely is in more than one angry mass (except perhaps in deviant base-destroying strats) and extreme emphasis is placed on 1 or 2 units of absolute importance. Creeping, heroes, items, a lot of the key elements are just completely unappplicable to SC (or for that matter, generally found in RTS games).

Is that more or less "strategic" than SC? Eh, it's just what I'd call a very different sort of strategy. You are much less a grand general and more like a squad leader. Different strokes for different folks.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing about money maps is that some people actually enjoy playing them and you have the option to in Starcraft. It doesn't affect or take away from the main game at all, you merely just have the option to play on one if you so choose. With WC3, not so much.

I don't see why it should affect one's opinion on the game. If someone enjoys playing on a money maps, whats wrong w/ that? Like i've said, it's not like the main game is affected.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
The thing about money maps is that some people actually enjoy playing them and you have the option to in Starcraft. It doesn't affect or take away from the main game at all, you merely just have the option to play on one if you so choose. With WC3, not so much.

I don't see why it should affect one's opinion on the game. If someone enjoys playing on a money maps, whats wrong w/ that? Like i've said, it's not like the main game is affected.
Exactly, it's not like your forced to play money maps. I'm sure theres plenty of servers with legit maps. Just play those.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, of course not. I'm just saying it's a kind of a popular and scrubby way to play, and gives a lot of people a bad impression of the sort of strategy that can really go on in SC (since having essentially infinite resources coming in at a fast rate eliminates a huge part of ANY strategy game). The keyword is impression.

Best answers
I'm with StarCraft, all 3 races are COMPLETELY unique, all the units are UNIQUE to one another, or for that matter any other game. It requires speed, Thought, Planning, Countering, Micro, Macro, Resource gathering, Exploration, Awsome sound, Awsome campaign, Great UMS maps, And nothing, nothing can beat doing a recall on an enemy base by using an arbiter going deep into the enemy base, only to see them scramble units and try to defend when all you see is little portals and slowly everything is blown to pieces :) Moments like those = Priceless! Oh, I hate WarCraft, It is the weakest link so good bye!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
And nothing, nothing can beat doing a recall on an enemy base by using an arbiter going deep into the enemy base
I'm fairly certain any competent player would have some sort of defence network in place and destroy the arbiter before it made it's way too far inland.

Best answers
I play them both, but tactically speaking Starcraft is better choice for me.

Best answers
Pain said:
I'm fairly certain any competent player would have some sort of defence network in place and destroy the arbiter before it made it's way too far inland.
You would be surprised, You allways send an observer to scout out their base. Thus you can find the best place to hit them hard, sometimes, If your lucky enough, You have done enough damage that they can be beaten easily :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
StarCraft for me guys.

Dunno why but i just dont feel comfortable with the whole warcraft idea >.<

Its OK to include RPG elements but something realy bugs me on the way that game is played. I mean most of the work is done by your 3 heroes where the other units are just background suport and decoy.

When you get a big army you start the attack and mow down as much as you can befor beeing stopped.

Besides i kinda like futuristic more than fantasy when it comes to RTS.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't like them all (Red Alert 2) it's much beter then them

Best answers
ya i wasnt a fan of AOE 3 AOE 1-2 on the other hand kicked ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom