• Starcraft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warcraft 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What game do you guys prefer? I ask because in general, i think people who like one dislike the other. Vote away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SC is great, whereas WC3 was only okay.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Starcraft. WC3 is way to complex, especially seeing all these kiddies in net cafes always playing DOTA.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love both. WC3 is for me though, but that's only because I played it more seriously when I got it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
SC is great, whereas WC3 was only okay.
Agreed. The only thing I liked about WC3 was the ability to give resources to your allies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both games are phenomenal, and I don't really think that one is definately better than the other. Like Sub said, people tend to like one, and dislike the other, or at least like it to a lesser degree. That's what I think is the true beauty of the games, Starcraft covers one half of the RTS audience, while Warcraft 3 covers the other half.

So what half do I fit in? Well, that would have to be Starcraft. Warcraft 3 just doesn't gel with me too well, but it's still a great game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have always been of the mind that Warcraft III is not only the better of the two, but is the best RTS I've ever played just because of it's precarious balance between the four races. I also like it's depth; it's really not that complicated, people just don't like to learn new things. These are the same people who migrated to generals because it was one click watch the fight gameplay. In Warcraft III you had to really be tactical about things, which is something that I think is key in all RTS's.

Starcraft, however, I thought was an unbalanced piece of crap. So I guess your theory proves correct!

Best answers
i like star craft, but in my opinoin war 3 is better. i only like the real game on both though, not any of those crappy mods people make.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its both :/ starcraft brood wars pwn wc3, but wc3tft pwns all :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
W3's multiplayer sucks balls (too focused on heroes/grinding levels), but the singleplayer was pretty tight.

Starcraft has better multiplayer and a better storyline.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really love both games, but I'd have to go for warcraft on this one, starcraft was pretty much unbalanced, well totally.Warcraft is just a great world, though for some reason I liked the warcraft 2 more even though the graphics were as bad as that of tetris.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's interesting you and Pride both have said you find Starcraft unballanced. I personally feel the game is one of the most balanced games ever made.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sub said:
It's interesting you and Pride both have said you find Starcraft unballanced. I personally feel the game is one of the most balanced games ever made.
It has a bad reputation because of money maps + unit massing...

But as has been reiterated in many other threads, staying one step ahead of your opponent and countering their forces keeps the game interesting and balanced. (that, and playing with people who aren't complete tools)

Best answers
warcraft 3 would have to get my vote even tho i think C&C:TS was most fun iv had on a RTS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both are unique in many ways... and I like them both.... I dunno.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never was a RTS games fan but SC was the only game I really liked, played and enjoyed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. I will always feel that Starcraft was too skewed in different directions. If it had more micro type abilities, I would probably like it more, but the fact that it has no subgrouping hurts my soul. I would love to roll in with a mixed armada of troops and start rocking the house but unfortunately it remains dominated by zerg rush style play. Thats why I liked War3's system; it wasn't as brainless, and I like my RTS's to involve lots of strategy and actual command.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom