Starcraft(brood) vs Warcraft 3(frozen throne)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In terms of gameplay who do you belive is better?
And also if you want post why.
Doesn't matter if warcraft1,2,3 or starcraft simple or with brood.
And I mean the real strategy so no custom maps downloaded from the internet.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like single player wc3 but I like multiplay sc. What I like about sc multiplay is that the teams are so balanced and I really hate the hero system in wc3 multiplayer.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Starcraft by far. I like the feel of the game better plus I was never really a fan of the whole medieval orc thing. I've always liked Sci Fi stuff better. I also like Starcraft more because there are no heros in Starcraft, the hero system really ruined Warcraft for me

If you were asking me what my favorite RTS is atm, it's Supreme Commander.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
starcraft is the funner game but warcraft is the better strategy game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Starcraft all the way. In all aspects it's better than any version of Warcraft. Except maybe in graphics.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone in Korea is pretty much obsessed with Starcraft, it's like their national sport. They have huge leagues with people actually going out to watch starcraft games in person. The top players are actually payed a lot of money.

All I'm saying is for a game to get that huge, it has to have a deep amount of strategy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude koreans are ****ing crazy anyways. they kill each other of lineage and everquest items.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
StarCraft all the way, Nothing beats a zerg player rushing me with maxxed out hydras and lings, only to be totally killed off with templars and the fantastic storm - Then its a simple case of Zealot+Goon rushing them.

One pet peeve with StarCraft - The damn hacks people use! a nasty one is *******, You can stack zerglings and hydra's etc, Map hack, Drop hack, even in the game room anyone with oblivion has all the control features of the host, thus they can boot and ban, And it also has a name spoofer so you can never find out the hackers account to tell blizzard.

Still Zerg with they're huge swarms, Protoss with there extremely powerfull units and versatile photon cannons, and the Terran who in my opinion have the best defense Tanks+Goliaths+Vessels.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about this. No matter which of these games we're playing we're still giving money to Blizzard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Starcraft, to me, is one of the most imbalanced games ever made. I always felt that way, even when I was young and I didn't know much about game design, etc...I knew something was wrong when my entire army could be raped by some things without hardly inflicting a casualty, while other things would be effortlessly crushed by it.

I also don't like it because it really was the forefront of the "rush ***" movement. To me, playing a strategy game should be about army to army battling and strategic depth, not "Build three guys and kill the enemy's construction unit in the first 4 minutes of the game."

Warcraft of course is much more balanced because using an army requires a lot more thought in that game. Also, the micro was better, because it wasn't forced. In Starcraft to micro seems like it isn't for fun, but a necessity you must learn to execute properly, like a task at a job or something. I think Warcraft made playing the game that way much more fun, and also much more flexible. I have won many battles against SC junkies who thought spamming certain units would get it done, only to find my hero and some other casters wreaking havoc on them.

Of course I am horribly biased because of Warhammer 40k, also. I always hated Starcraft but now that I see the source material it pulls from... See, warcraft comes from Warhammer fantasy, and personally I think that it is better. A cooler story, etc. But the gothic sci fi atmosphere of 40k can never be duplicated...and Starcraft definitely does not have that grim attractiveness that the perpetual galactic warfare of 40k provides.

EDIT: For those discussing the "thrills" of SC...I don't think you might follow what I'm getting at. The "thrill" expressed in SC is just winning despite an enemy attack that is ultimately doomed to futility in the first place (Early Zerg versus Early Protoss...what do you expect to happen?). People often confuse the ego rush of winning the game with fun. That's one of the main reasons I don't like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also don't like it because it really was the forefront of the "rush ***" movement. To me, playing a strategy game should be about army to army battling and strategic depth, not "Build three guys and kill the enemy's construction unit in the first 4 minutes of the game."
If you don't like rushing, you can play in no-rush servers. That's what I did, but I was a kid, and didn't understand how rushing could be fun back then.

Anyone else remember spending countless hours playing custom games in SC? There was paintball, cat and mouse, turret defense... man, I probably wasted as much time played that as I ever did playing Diablo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea frs i just barely got into the super custom maps in starcraft, AFTER i played them in warcraft 3. i didnt know you could do so much with SC.

yeah to me i never really found much strategy in starcraft. it was always whoever could build the most faster wins.

in warcraft 3 you have more strategic elements to play with. heroes for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom