Starcraft 2 --- Confirmed (?)

Best answers
those dont look very hightech graphics, they kinda look like they're done on a more advanced warcraft 3 engine

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its project revolution or something.

they've been working on this since... warcraft 3 came out

there was also some other group of people that remade the game but they were shut down

Best answers
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...mmos have story lines. You just have to take the time to read it instead of them throwing little cinematic sequences at you all the time.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

What the ****. This better not be true.

Best answers
Eh...mmos have story lines.
And then they **** all over them by making you kill the same creatures over and over looking for something that you should've found in the first one you killed -_-.
Sub said:
What the ****. This better not be true.
I agree.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then they **** all over them by making you kill the same creatures over and over looking for something that you should've found in the first one you killed -_-.I agree.
Smith. Why would every creature carry a rusty key? Look at me.

Why would any creature carry a rusty key? ~Smiff

Coooooome ooooooon!

If this game is anything like Tabula Rasa, I'll be super excited.

Why wouldn't a giant bull/skeleton/magic wielding monster carry a rusty key? Coooooome Oooooooooon! ~Z to the X

So what if the playerbase gets split up? Regardless of which mmo you choose, they're getting paid. It's a win/win for everyone (unless you hate mmos and love rts', in which case you're in the minority at this point, so they don't care).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're just going to fracture their WoW audience and get half of them to play this game. I don't even see the point in another MMO

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sware im going to head to blizard and start a masacre if it becomes a MMO >.<

Best answers
Watch the next announcement be that Diablo is being turned into an RTS.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know Zeo. If they make Starcraft an MMO without making another Starcraft RTS first, I think the reaction will be largely negative.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then everyone will start playing the mmo, because that's how people are. They cry foul, and then fall in line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a strange, and probably overly hopeful thought...

An MMORTS. Think about that for a second. Consider it. Each player controls their own army. Customizable etc etc etc. It's a persistant force that gets better and more skilled as you go along... see what I'm getting at?

Best answers
How will you control your massive army in a multiplayer "world" type environment? Can your army move from place to place as a single unit? Then how do you change from single to multiple unit control? I think there are too many problems with a MMORTS. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong tho.

Best answers
It is all about the mighty dollar, honestly so long as they don't turn Starcraft into a mmo, with the gun controls like SWG i haven't a problem with it, i want to be right up with a hydra where death would be imminent if his acid penetrated my armor.

Zerglings should pop from a few rounds, and ultralisk would be like raid bosses =P.

So long as they allow us racial choosing, and make it a 3 way PVP world i think it would be a great idea, the protoss would be a rather confusing one tho, as dragoons and archons would be odd to put in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This will be too much like WoW. It's not like they're going to redo the whole system for this; the game will play the same as WoW but in Starcraft's world, which won't make much sense. Kind of a dumb idea all together.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"that rumor is not true in regard to Blizzard...We (Blizzard) believe that the rumor circulating about this subject is based on a misinterpretation of information provided to industry analysts." They also denied that they are developing any MMOGs as of the moment by saying loud and clear that they " do not currently have any MMO development plans beyond the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, and furthermore, we don't have any intentions to focus on only one genre or platform with our future games."
Perhaps not an MMO after all.

Source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom