Star Trek

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But seriously. Its great. I swear the only people who found this movie offensive are The people who wanted it to be perfect.(Note: Us and Dragonball: Evolution). Hell even some Trekkies liked it.
I'd say PLENTY of Trekkies liked it. The showing I was at was packed with people who knew the series intimately. Some lines were cheered at by the crowd without my understanding of why, namely Simon Pegg's Scotty shouting "I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!" and the doctor guy at one point losing patience and saying "Damnit, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!". A later check on Wikipedia told me similar lines were pretty much catchphrases in the tv series.

As to perfection, like I said, regardless of the canon, the Trekkies got one Hell of a film, and by my understanding, given the track record of Trek films before this, they ****ing scored. The film has totally revitalized the series if you ask me.

Dragonball Evolution was just an all around bad film. It looked like in the most bare sense they were trying some kind of artistic interpretation like Star Trek did, but unlike Trek they didn't have the budget or the talent to do that. Especially the talent. I'd be more than fine with seeing a Dragonball movie that changed some stuff around for artistic re-imagining, but it's got to be done well, and DBE was NOT done well. I just hope that DBE isn't the final note in Hollywood's interest in Dragonball, and that eventually someone will give us, if not simply a replica of the manga, then at least a great twist on it. It doesn't have to be perfect or canon, it just has to be good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though, I've always been more of a Star Trek: The Next Generation fan.
That, but this movie was ****ing amazing. Instantly made my top ten favorite movie list.

**** that was so good.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't say this a lot, and its probably a cliche, but its one of the best movies i've seen a a while.
Don't click if you don't want to see the spoilers...

I love how they show how Dr Mcoy gets his nickname "bones".

and,

The part where Kirk does his third attempt on the kobayashi maru is hilarious, he's just sitting here with this big arrogant smile, eating an apple wile owning those klingong ships! I love it!!!cheat codes for the win!!

and the last thing,

The whole "alternate universe" thing around the movie could make the movie feel fake, and like an attempt from a few diehard fans to make a movie, but they make it actually look good.

I'm not a trekkie, but Star Trek is one of my favourite series, especially the original series.

Best answers
i saw that movie. very good in my opinion. the movie presents the star trek universe very well to pple like me who have never seen any previous star trek anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how they show how Dr Mcoy gets his nickname "bones".
I don't know what it is, but that one completely went over my head. Anyone care to enlighten me?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what it is, but that one completely went over my head. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Well, it goes something like this...

Kirk and McCoy are on the shuttle bound for Starfleet Academy, and, at one point, McCoy makes reference to his ex-wife, saying that she took "everything except [his] bones", ergo the nickname "Bones" :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was impressed by Zachary Quinto's version of Spock in particular, very good stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was impressed by Zachary Quinto's version of Spock in particular, very good stuff.
i actually thought he gave spock a bit more of an attitude/deliquent feel to him a bit too much that it felt a bit too off from the original spock.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it goes something like this...

Kirk and McCoy are on the shuttle bound for Starfleet Academy, and, at one point, McCoy makes reference to his ex-wife, saying that she took "everything except [his] bones", ergo the nickname "Bones" :)
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense now. Thank you, that flew right over my head.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense now. Thank you, that flew right over my head.
Haha, now I feel like some trekkie.

D:

Bah, wanted to watch it again with my family this time, hoping they would see the awesomness of Star Trek (they used to hate it lol), but they wanted to see "Night at the Museum 2". :(
That movie didn't suck but... Star Trek! me wants! resistance is futile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom