Spyware

KyoKusanagi

K
I'm wondering if its just my computer, but i have a few anti spyware programs installed on my computer and until recently i had remained spyware free.

Then a few days ago i found that my computer began slowing down to the point where my songs playing in winamp would being stuttering like someone was messing with the speed.

I tried scanning with Ad-Aware with the latest build files and references but they only came up with 3 spywares detected.

So i downloaded Spybot search and destroy and installing it most of the problems are gone apart from one, which occurs every 15 minutes im on the internet. A little popup window from www.spw2e.com or something like that comes up with useless information. Is there any way to remove this?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try another cleaning program. Usually, they can't all be found by just one peice of software.

Best answers
One...clear history.
Two. Stay away from any of these programs

7FaSSt, AccessPlugin, ActualNames, ACXInstall, AdBreak, AdultLinks, AproposMedia, Aornum, ASpam, AutoSearch, BargainBuddy, BDE, BookedSpace, BrowserAid, BrowserToolbar, Bulla, ClickTheButton, ClientMan, CnsMin, CometCursor, Comload, CommonName, CoolWebSearch, CrackedEarth, CustomToolbar, Cytron DailyWinner, DialerOffline, DialerActiveX, DialXS, DownloadPlus, E2Give, eStart, eXactSearchez, ezSearching, FavoriteMan, FlashTrack, FreeScratchAnd Win Gratisware, Gator GlobalNetcomHotBar, Httper HuntBar, IEAccess, IEMonit, IEPlugin, IETray, InternetOptimizer, InternetWasher, IPInsight, ISTbar, KeenValue, LinkReplacer, lop, MagicControl, MarketScore, MasterDialer, MatrixDialer, MediaUpdate, Meridian, MoneyTree, MyPageFinder, MySearch, NavExcel, nCase, NetPal, Network, Essentials, NewDotNet, NewtonKnows, NowBox, Onflow, OnlineDialerPerMedia, PowerStrip, Pugi, RapidBlaster, SaveNow, SCBar, SearchAndBrowse, Searchex, SearchSquire, SearchWWW, ShopAtHomeSelect, ShopNav, SmartBrowser, SpyBlast, StarDialer, StripPlayer, SubSearch, Surfairy, SuperBar, SVAPlayer, TinyBar, ToolbarCC, TopText, TOPicks, Transponder, Wazam, webHancer, Whazit, Winshow, Winupie, Wonderland, WurldMedia, XDialer, XDiver, XLoader, Xupite, ZeroPopUp, Zipclix.

and finally I recommend XoftSpy 3.1 for spyware and adware remover.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spysweeper is the best, if you can get it.

Best answers
SpywareBlaster is good for protecting your comp againts spyware. Its free too :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ad-aware and Spybot: Search & Destroy work well together.

KyoKusanagi

K
Thanks for the help - and it seems this problem is pretty common - alot of XP users are experiencing this now which makes me wonder about the security of XP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom