Spirit bomb vs 5 kamehamehas

Best answers
LMAO, are you trying to say ESF did that to his computer? Was he running the server on a 13K computer on a rock in the middle of the desert? :laff:

Best answers
i dont even think that is possible when he only fried his comp. lol. did he throw it in a fire before it fried or what?

Best answers
His computer was probably smoking so he tried to put out the fire but didn't notice he was using gasoline.

Best answers
supershenlon said:
Man. I hate when that happens. I was 20 mins into a fecking game game of FIFA 2004, after just installin my Radeon 9800XT when it fecking blew. Now i'm stuck with a GeForce FX 5200, but i like this card better ^_^
hahahah you are either stupid or stoned. The 9800TX completely annihilates any NVIDIA card on the market today. And at least you could have said a GF4 ti or an FX 5800, something even halfway decent, but no, 5200, lol my old GF3 ti 300 is better than that card!

Anyway, there was probably a power surge or somesuch, possibly a capacitor short. hell, maybe it was static electricity, just 3 weeks ago I had to replace the mobo in my media server because I ran upstairs(across carpet) and didnt ground myself before touching the power button...ZAP. I SAW the electicity arc off my finger and onto the power button. It turned on, and I didnt even touch the button. Thats right, the static from my finger turned on the pc. Then I got no video and it started beeping, and I was like "oh **** me". I opened it up and it smelled like burning. So remember kids, ground yourself before turning on your pc, hehe ;)

EDIT: Just looked at the pic blackplauge...i think he lied to you. There is no way that a pc can burn like that from the inside. If the cooling system DID fail, after about 3 days with a heat sink, 15 minutes if it was watercooled, the processor would overheat and make a pop as it cracks, then it would smoke a little bit, then the mobo would shut the power off. No fires. And you can kina tell it was set on fire from the outside, the way the plastic on top is all melted, and the outside of the case has burn damage.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would tell you something important Abe Froman but i can't because its not my job

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I would tell you something but, no wait, it is my job.

Warning :warning: for Joe for spam and... impersonating a mod? If that isn't what you were going for that's how it came off.

Plague: 1.) Don't double post. 2.) Don't lie unless you have something to gain from it. 3.) Don't lie at all.

I will allow you to break a maximum of one of these rules before I come down on you like Cucberg, and you have broken all three. Explain yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. anywhoo......o_o Abe, it is possible for a case to fry like that. The mobo can still ignite :\, so can the CPU. Besides, maybe the errrrmmm......liquid stuff that seems to have moulded around the case is the actual plastic components seeping out of the case? o_O

Best answers
dude i didnt lie! and i found out that his motherboard had a virus and by the time we were playing the motherboard crashed, and i never said that it was esf, i said that the server couldnt handle it at the time. so i dont think i broke any rules.

Best answers
lol plague, I suggest you stop listening to him as he is either BSing you cause he can or has no idea about computers.
If you are indeed making it up as we now have 3 stories (different ones at that) drop it plz.
It is very rare for a computer to catch on fire, 1 because there is no flamable objects inside of the computer, besides plastic which melts quickly.
2 there are fale safes to avoid a fire from acually starting.
It is possible for a computer to be struck by lightning and blow a circuit, usually if there is one the 56k modem, as phone lines are struck more often then power lines, and it stops there, saving your computer. If it went through the powerlines it would generally pop the fuse inside the pwrsupply or blow another circiut on the motherboard.
One of the more common problems with older computers (even current ones) someone spilled liquid on the keyboard, which causes the keyboard fuse on the motherboard to pop, which will sometimes stop the motherboard from posting.
Software will not cause a computer to start on fire, or even burn out, unless it was faulty, or old and faulty.
The only viruses that could crash a motherboard or video card will not start a fire, but only flash the bios of the two making them un-usable, those viruses are no longer in circulation and if ever seen the motherboards will halt the boot process.
The only instance of a fire that I have seen in my 4yrs as a computer tech was when my boss accidently got the black wires facing the opposite directions on an old AT motherboard and pwr supply, thus blowing the power supply, making a loud pop sound closelt resembling a gun shot, and filling the room with rancid smelling thick (almost liquidy) grey smoke. I have also seen holes in sound cards, modems, Memory sticks, cpus, pwr supplies, motherboards and harddrives, all resulted by being hit directly by lightning, (i live in FL go figure) But all other parts were intact, but replaced for fear of defective parts after being hit.
Even the cooling system with the new motherboards out will start beeping and turn off the machine before it fries any compnents, this goes for the motherboard temp as well as cpu temp.
I think the guy disconnected you or lost his connection while you guys were playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom