Spider-Man 2

Pan

Best answers
Spider-Man 2

Only game based on the Spider-Man 2 movie: Delivering an all-new story line and gaming experience.

Most accurate depiction of Spider-Man ever: Spider-Man 2 is the only game that truly makes players feel like they are the ultimate web-slinging superhero.

Realistic physics system: Allows webs to attach to all objects. Unique pendulum physics make swinging more fun. Now, you can swing at different heights, around corners, and more—just like Spider-Man does in the film!

Locomotion system: Lets Spider-Man move more fluidly.

New moves: Try out the new power jumps, run up walls, and even swing on flag poles. Players can also attach to numerous objects, from helicopters to buildings.

New web attacks: Disarm opponents, blind enemies, web multiple opponents, rodeo up to four enemies, and bring down the sledge hammer! You can even lift opponents in the air and come at them in a vertical attack.

New combat system: Challenges players to choose specific attack modes against each villain.

Deep combat system: Challenges players to be more strategic.

New “counter” system: Lets players dodge opponent advances with unique moves when taking on each different villain.

True freedom: Spider-Man is the only free-roaming game that lets players scale the heights of the city from the streets to the rooftops.

Heroic decisions: Random crimes allow players to save common New Yorkers while saving the world. It's the first superhero game that challenges players to interact with ordinary citizens and embark on missions designed to protect them. You can even upgrade your Spidey abilities by successfully protecting pedestrians.

More realistic depiction of New York City: Featuring more than 30 key landmarks, including St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Central Park, The Twin Towers, and the Statue of Liberty.

New villains: Fight Spider-Man's new enemies from the latest hit movie, including Mysterio, Black Cat, and Rhino.

Strong voice over cast: From Alfred Molina and Tobey to Kirsten Dunst and Bruce Campbell, this game boasts a stellar cast of talent.

Overall

-Original experience other than that of the movie it is based on. It will follow the same plot, but the experience is all in its own.

-The graphics are greatly improved.
--The graphics are sharper and overall cleaner, but not by much.
--The windows actually refelect light
--No longer will all the enemies be blocky with clunky animations, but rather have smooth movements, with detailed character models.

-The map is in 3-D and is just super zoomed out scale model of Manhattan.

-Day and night has been implemented.
--Shadows will be cast certain ways depending on the time of day.
--Certain missions are only avaliable during certain times of the day.

-A new physics engine has been implemented to give the full effect of the web slinging art. The speed and momentum of how you swing will determine when and where his webs will attach.

-Open end gameplay ala GTA style
--Players can go anywhere. If you can see it, you can go there.
--There are also unlockables hidden throughout the city
--The City is said to be the scale size of Manhattan. Thats roughly 80X bigger than the first level in the first game.
--Not everything will be accessable from the beginning.
--You can ride ON cars, no word of actually riding in cars. You can also tear the roof off of cars you are riding on.

-Ability to touch the ground this time

-Random Street Crimes (mugging, child losing her balloon, etc)
--Doing random Street crimes will earn you "hero points" which can be spent at a predetermined place in the game to buy items varying from new combat moves to trivial items such as new costumes

-Objective System similar to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

-Two type of missions
--Voluntary: random missions that happen, you can choose to do them or not. If you do chose them you get hero points, which is like money in the game.
--Involuntary: These are mandatory missions to progress the story foward. If you don't do these you will never finish the game.
-New Spiderman powers, abilities, and moves
--Spiderman can swing around and around and around on poles that stick out of buildings and streetlights.
--Spiderman's webs will have to target and stick to something (a building, a lightpole, helicopter, etc). No more sticking to the top of the tv in this game.
--Spiderman can now wall run.
--Spiderman can hang motionless between two buildings. By shooting a web out of each hand.
--Spiderman can now swandive off of a building.
--Spiderman can now do a superjump by charging before he leaps.
--While fighting Spiderman can execute the gullitine throw using his spiderweb.
--While fighting Spiderman can perform a piledriver up to 15 feet in the air.
--Spiderman can disarm criminals.
--Spiderman can now counter attack as well.
--The spidersense has finally come into play in Spider-man 2. Now with this ability Spiderman enters a bullet time scenero (matrix effect) to better fight off his asslainats.
--Spiderman's web-zip has been replaces with a much more graceful looking wall jump. It essesintally does the same thing, it just looks better.
--Multiple web tieing enemies.
--New sprint ability? While I'm not sure what this is, regardless it is confirmed to be in.

-The camera has been fixed.

-Guest appearances by:
--The Black Cat
--Mysterio
--Shocker
--Elecro

-Rumored to be in:
--Rhino
--The Lizard
-- Venom
-- Carnage

-Main Villian
--Dr. Otto Octavious aka Doc Ock

Release Date: June 2004

Well just wanna know if anyone else is looking forward to this Game as well, i mean its has so many new features and the free roam has GTA Written all over it. The game seems pretty revamped to me anyone else as excited about it as i am or looking forward to buying or renting the game at all ?!?

Best answers
:shocked: The GAME Looks Amazing!!! And Wow Thats a big list of features..It seems like a huge huge improvemt from the previous one which i enjoyed as well. Well i wasnt gonna rent it or steal it at first :laff: But now all i have to say is thankz for posting all of this now im sure i will buy it. This might be the second greatest movie based game since a game i just bought called " The Chronicles of Rid**** ".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey what system are those images for? gamecube? cuz the spiderguy looks quite cheapy.. the first one was better... ima search ign =D

but i like how it looks overall... and i like how you can get closer to the ground unlike the first where u go halfway downt the building and die XD. i also like the gameplay.. gives you more freedom to the game rather than doing mission by mission. i like how they thought of the idea of a "true crime" situation where a kid looses her ballon or something. it looks to be way better than teh first and possibly better than most of the games out

Best answers
Ice Man said:
hey what system are those images for? gamecube? cuz the spiderguy looks quite cheapy.. the first one was better... ima search ign =D

but i like how it looks overall... and i like how you can get closer to the ground unlike the first where u go halfway downt the building and die XD

Cheapy!???? Check this out..

Before

After

And you say the old one looks better lol yea ok i guess were are entilted to our oppions but i see a diffrence there and a better one at that.

Anyway ive been researching the game and im planning on buying it right after its movie release, that way i can go and see the movie, then right afterwards, go to the store and go home and play it pretty much the rest of the day, therfore the game wont spoil the suprises that ill see in the movie :)

Also i too am curious to where console images is that for pan?!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shut up.. yeah im entitled to my opinions and im standing by it. so shut up bish

yeah i like the game since i got finished readign up on it and saw some new images check these out

Pan

Best answers
^_^ Those images are the gamecube console version ^_^ and yea i agree with iceman it possible that this could become one of the best games currently out or released this year if not year than i know it will be one of the hottest release games of the summer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah im definitly going to get this one.. when does the movie come out? i saw the previews when i went to see soul plane. i think it comes out like june 16th right?

Best answers
Ice Man said:
shut up.. yeah im entitled to my opinions and im standing by it. so shut up bish

yeah i like the game since i got finished readign up on it and saw some new images check these out

Nice Pics :yes: espically those two and the movie comes out on june 30th sadly the game comes out before it on june 26th

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*wants to climb to the top of the twin towers and jump off and before touching the ground, ill web swing off a flag pole and pull my self back up... that would be my first staunt when i buy the game XD*

i used to do all kinds of staunts on sm1 just for the hell of it. And i take that back.. this one does looks better XD. Anywho... will peter parker be playable? Like the human version of him?

Best answers
Playing would peter parker would totally rule and then u can dress up as spider-man in a phone booth like superman (well not really but it would be cool ) Lol well you guys just gave me a reason to use these last 2 weeks to save up for the game, im lovin the way it looks but sadly my bf's birthday is coming up so im gonna have to buy the game for him instead of for myself anyway i appricaite you posting this i had no idea what to buy him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it comes out june 28th i believe

and thoes shots are from waaaay old beta from before e3

and yes this game will own all other spiderman games ever

Best answers
Ice Man said:
*wants to climb to the top of the twin towers and jump off and before touching the ground, ill web swing off a flag pole and pull my self back up... that would be my first staunt when i buy the game XD*

i used to do all kinds of staunts on sm1 just for the hell of it. And i take that back.. this one does looks better XD. Anywho... will peter parker be playable? Like the human version of him?
I copy and pasted some offical information and it turns out that peter parker is playabale and its a side mission as well

( Features:

free roaming
over 200 missions
missions as peter parker (taking pics of himself and delivering pizza)*
improved webswinging )

^^ well i guess im gonna get this game as well its looks pretty cool and like hibiki said better than every other spider game out there.

Best answers
-Open end gameplay aka GTA style
--Players can go anywhere. If you can see it, you can go there.(yay)
--There are also unlockables hidden throughout the city( Very Challenging)
--The City is said to be the scale size of Manhattan. Thats roughly 80X(Awsome) bigger than the first level in the first game.
--Not everything will be accessable from the beginning.(this sucks)
--You can ride ON cars, no word of actually riding in cars. You can also tear the roof off of cars you are riding on.(I cant wait to see this)

-Ability to touch the ground this time( Finally Thank god :laff: )

Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
The game looks very well done. I will be playing it...

Agreed the game does look pretty well done, so rather im renting, borrowing or buying i will play this game before the summer is over thats for sure.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS THIS NONSENSE?! WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO US?!!!?! Now i have to get it for ps2.....which means ill be getting the worst of the console versions graphic wise....What exactly was the point of doing this anyway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been looking forward to this game for a looooong time now. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Well, the console version at least. I laughed so hard when I played the demo for the PC one. It's so simple I wouldn't doubt that you could beat it with a blindfold on.

Oh, and if you want some fairly new videos, take a look at the games official site. http://www.activision.com/microsite/spider-man/

Best answers
i was wondering, wen i buy this, wat should i get it on? PC? or PS2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom