Space Marine Tutorial Set

Best answers
Well this is something I am trying to work on in my spare time, trying to make a tutorial set for www.3d-palace.com :).

Anyhow when its done I'll try post some more stuff for you guys, hopefully I can keep this up to date hehe

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:D awesomie... but buddy... <_< i hope you teach skinning too ya?
lookin good

Best answers
It'll be a video tutorial for modelling, texturing and animation :). I am told the first sets will be free :yes: :smile: plus you get to hear me drone on about rubbish

Best answers
This is the best things ive seen from you. Looks great, the colours look alil flat tho. Bit of adjusting the contrast and brightness should fix it. Fix his eye highlights too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, his skull is un-symetrical, it looks weird. but still quite good, i think the back of his head needs to be thinner though, and the top of his head could be lower without any pain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
hehe, his skull is un-symetrical, it looks weird. but still quite good, i think the back of his head needs to be thinner though, and the top of his head could be lower without any pain.
i disagree, doesnt look weird at all.. he doesnt look like the type that hasnt been in a brawl.. so he naturally has taken some dmg that might've "shaped" his head? neways nice man.. btw chin shows a tiny bit of distortion?

[edit] on 2nd thought you might be right mad ax.. i took another look his head does look a bit TOO distorted

Best answers
Thanks for the ideas guys :), sometimes you just stare at something so long the obvious doesn't seem visible. I don't mind him having a monged head just as long as he doesn't scream freaaaaak out loud hehe. I'll have a tweaky at the skull tho and the uwmap. So far spent around 1 hour on the head model and 3 on texture :talk:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he has a big fat nose, a crack in his skull so his flesh is visible, a weird device implanted in the back of his neck and you think hes not a freak? XD just kiddin

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well showster, i agree to an extent, but i think having the cranium symetrical with the face having the asymetrical detail would look better.

Best answers
Oh, apparently Axman beleives everything is supposed to be symmetrical. To bad non-symmetrical models like this are more realistic than models with perfect symmetry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
Oh, apparently Axman beleives everything is supposed to be symmetrical. To bad non-symmetrical models like this are more realistic than models with perfect symmetry.
Do you know anything about anatomy our bodys ARE symmetrical to an extent. Just look at the Human Skeletal, structure Pefectly symmetrical, same thing goes for our muscular system. Our bodies, therefore, become less symmetrical over time, via broken bones etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
read what i said again, specifically the part about assymetrical detail >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't like the face that much and I was bored, so I did a paintover.

I didn't really feel like ****ing with the nose or lips so ignore them. maybe it will help you to improve it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
older one was better IMO though the new beard looks good

Best answers
Glad its given you some fun Teknik :) he looks like a coal miner now.

I am aiming to finish it by Christmas, got alot of recording to do in the meantime

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, i really like it. Even though with the mark on the right side of his head on the picture. He looks like he is dead or something, heh. But other then that, it does looks great. Even though i can the ears can be changed a little bit.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
An opportunity to listen to Show's pommy voice rambling on? Count me in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom