Sounds for different Stages

Best answers
Note: I posted this in the ESF-Chat section and was suggested to post it here. Please forgive me.

EVM has seperate sounds for different stages of your player, for example: when turning SSJ2, a special sound is dedicated to their transformation and a different sound is dedicated for their SSJ3 transformation.

For ESF 1.3 (maybe), I was wondering if seperate sounds could be dedicated for normal and SSJ state.
Even if the sounds are the same, can it be programmed so that other sounds can be changed?

For example:

kamehame.wav
ha.wav
ssj_kamehame.wav
ssj_ha.wav

pain1.wav
pain2.wav
pain3.wav
pain4.wav
ssj_pain1.wav
ssj_pain2.wav
ssj_pain3.wav
ssj_pain4.wav

Considering my example, there are two designated Kamehameha sounds and eight dedicated pain sounds (4 for normal state and 4 for SSJ state) and people can change the SSJ one so it's different than the Normal one.

I say this primarily because I have two different Goku sound packs and one of them sounds more fierce so I want to use it while he is in his SSJ state, and have the regular sounds whlie he's normal.

I really think this is possible! If the EVM team can make their own sounds for special tranformations, it should be possible to make different sounds for different power stages.

I hope this idea is seriously taken into consideration!

Best answers
hmm.. it would B a nifty trick but i question its usefulness. although i do think kamehameha's and such should be bigger/sound fiercer in a trans'd state.

Best answers
Yeah, I've seen other Goku skins come with seperate sounds, so it'd be neat to do that.
I'd be happy even if the ESF team just MADE those seperate .wav files like ssj_pain1.wav even if they sounded teh same as the regular sounds. That way those that want to change the ascended sounds can.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I've given your idea a chance and read it through. However, It's pretty much one of those "out there" ideas. Most of the characters do not change their voice after transformations. A kamehameha is a kamehameha, going SSJ isn't going to add more depth into the attack ingame or inshow. Besides english is very limited, there's not many english Kamehameha's out there to use just because you transform. I don't even know what the big kick about these Sub Mods or Fan Packs is, I haven't heard any decent sound additions/edits/rips from any of them. The only thing i might consider in the future is adding more pain sounds, but it won't be Form specific unless the voice actually makes a change like Cell or Buu. Thank you, drive through.

Best answers
Well if the characters don't have differnet voices, keep the sounds the same. But can't you atleast create the sounds so they CAN be edited?
And I know the voices don't make differnece in attacks or anything, but it'd be nice to have a little bit of variety. Something to look forward to. The sounda can be kept the same for those that don't have significant voice changes, like Krillin. All I ask is that the new sound files be created, so they *can* be modified if desired. It's not that hard, is it? Sorry if I'm beginnign to pester... it just seems like a small thing I'm hoping for that I don't think is hard to do.

Best answers
Also, you need to realise this will DOUBLE the size of the sounds file for what will really be no benefit to the majority of people out there.

Best answers
Well then.... hmm...
If the ESF team could program the "ssj_pain" sounds and all the new ssj sounds and include how to do it in a read me so you could put a wav file and name it "ssj_pain1" for example, and they won't have to include new sounds. That way, only those who are interested can do it.
Although now it seems that I'm probably the only person who cares about this issue, and I doubt the ESF team would do all of that just for me.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Probably not, besides if they code it with no sound to match it in the folder you'll get errors in game.

Best answers
Only cell, buu and I think frieza change their voices after transforming.

Heres a thought for sounds, make the current death sounds into screaming sounds, and use the current death sounds for when your character gets on 5 or below health. Something like that. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom