Sonic Read This(Suggestions)

Best answers
Message me on AIM name is ZeXeTa ill teach you howto use the melee(should only take 5min. ITS SO COMPLICATED AND TAKE SO LONG TO LEARN.)
You say make new combos what good is that ohh i might have to have both eyes on the arrows instead of 1 on the TV.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt you've mastered the new melee system =\.

Best answers
the only thing he said he said that he could do-involving the adv melee- was press direction keys there's way more to it than that. but hey if you think its easy or beams are useless, just read saiyan pride's sig...:)

Best answers
BFP melee was like DBZ? What? ****, you held down a key to automatically punch them. That was it. Yeah, very exciting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*EDIT* OMG saiyan pride your post is poetry, expressing aggressively what i have tried to productively suggest! You have obviously played esf for as long as alot of us!
Thank you for that comment. It is...very difficult to control my temper but still articulate my aggressive points of view in a way that is not antagonizing. So I appreciate someone noticing it!

However, that being said...
SaiyanPride LMAO i cant get over how "proposterous" all the stuff you said was. I dont know how you can stick up for the team on this, everyone solution on here seems to be ohhh its beta and new version is on the way.
Foremost, it's "preposterous." But more importantly, the point isn't that a new version is on the way...it's that, the only suggestion you actually somewhat clearly made (graphical cosmetics during melee), is something that doesn't come before the gameplay fixes and tweaks, and as such, you shouldn't expect it to be added until after the bugs and complaints are all ironed out. I mean...you don't start painting a house before it's done being built, do you?

who gives a **** about the new version or what version this is..
You obviously never played Alpha 2.

The fact is they didnt fix beams or make melee good in the game..
What exactly were you expecting? What do you mean by "fix beams?" They aren't broken. Haven't you eaten enough kamehamehas or special beam cannons to understand this yet?

When i first played the game i was like neat new melee then after 15 minutes i could dodge verything perfectly, got called a hacker 4 times because i dodged so good and did the 2 combos to a few people.
So you knew the combos 15 minutes after getting the game, and you've never been hit or lost health either?

Its pretty obvious the game lacks it playback value.
I've been playing it for, what, four years now? Longer than any other game I ever had. Speak for yourself. Besides--apparently you're still here playing it, too.

In BFP the melee was a bit lame but it atleast took skill to hit people and the fights were more like DBZ not this 6 punch knock back ****.
So are you trying to tell me that, the BFP system at least took skill, yet you are complaining that you don't have the capability to hit anyone with a beam and that your melee is always blocked.

It was an all out fight until someone died and ohh did i mention all the attacks in the game ere useful???
This is amazing. You're saying engaging in an adv. melee battle is not "an all out fight until someone dies" ? When two decent players go at it, it feels VERY DBZ to me. Aslo, everyone in here has stated that they use all of the games attacks and abilities in about a million different ways...so saying that they are "useless" is just foolish.

Most of you probaly played BFP for 5minutes and 1 of my Ki members probaly mopped the floor up with you so you quit whining that it was too fast.
No one said it was too fast; it was too unenjoyable. There's a big difference. If BFP is so good, why are you still here, then?

Besides, like everyone else says. If you don't like it, edit your game, change your cvars, or--ideally--go play this awesome BFP you keep ranting about.

I'm trying to be polite here. It's not easy for me. I'm really biting down on my aggravation, but I'm gonna continue to be respectful even if you want to write back and disrespect me. The fact of the matter is you got a game for free and have no right or reason to tell the team what to do with its development of their product. We can only make suggestions--which you still have yet to do.

Best answers
Im seriously starting to doubt the intellegence of these posters. I mean really if this guy can find so many "obvious" flaws with the game then why not make him the head of development because obviously he could make this game "good". Okay now that im through with the sarcasm i still have a hard time believing alot of the things he is saying, this just seems like a more desperate cry for attention then anything. Also where are all these threads on how much esf 1.2 sucks? ive seen a couple but thats little compared to the ones saying how good it is. Also the fact i can join a random server and see people playing and enjoying this game.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zex... I said we'd take you seriously and that's the only promise I made. You're being a total jackass to the people that are criticising you "the rest of you dumbasses" etc., and as such we're seriously going to take you as a jackass. Not every other word out of your mouth has to be a flame. Your points sound like points someone who had only played for a few days wuold make after getting frustrated. You're missing the forest for the trees, and you need to deal with that. If you think melee is so completely easy I'll try to show you otherwise.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, thank you for holding your anger in check. I know it's difficult. (Lord, do I know it's difficult.)

Pride's first post is almost 100% correct, I would have written something very similar had he not.

The addendum I wan't to write is . . . If ESF has let so many people down, why does the server list in steam keep growing? Why do people keep playing it? Better yet, the last poll I looked at for the new ESF haters, you were outnumbered 20 to 1. The bottom line is, this build got rid of lamers. Most of the people who used scripts and LSM/HOW tactics can no longer play cheaply, and must actually learn the system.

That leaves about 5 people who generally hate the build because of game itself.

Overall, this is the most beautiful, well thought out, sharpest build the team has made of this game. You simply don't like it because you aren't good at it. If you wan't an example of good beaming, go play Yui Sakura. She's a friggin sniper with those things, and half the time I wasn't immobile. You can hit with a beam if you try, and no I don't mean the "crappy" little generic beams.

Lets address your gripe list shall we?

1) The melee system is easy to learn, difficult to master, get it right. If your PL is lower than your opponent, you get more random arrows, (a sign that your opponent is faster and stronger than you are.) If you keep playing, you'll hit, but hey. When I watch DBZ, no one dodged or blocked melee right? Cell Games was ALL ABOUT the kamehameha. Goku never punched or kicked, and Cell didn't dodge. Yep. That's how I remember it.

2) You need to play some people with skill, like FreeDoM or Optional. Go ahead, swoop head on and see if they don't use zanzoken to beat you into a bloody pulp.

3) You say we haven't played BFP enough to appreciate it, here's a perfect example of you yourself doing so with ESF. As Pride said, wait till your PL gets higher, that's when you start transforming like Goku could during the Android saga.

4) This is simply untrue, if it weren't why are people complaining about beam spam? You just don't have the skill yet, how about you practicing?

5) And this is where you are wrong again. The PL gain helps you see the arrows if you can't see them before hand. Since the randoms get higher when the opponents PL is higher, you want to do this. Sadly, you seem to have only played the game for 15 minutes, got your first transformation stop, then whined on the board. Beams have a wider blast radius when your PL is higher, another place where you obviously didn't bother to try.

Incedentally, there is nothing wrong with base speed, you can use the swoop to move faster than turbo, it's not stricktly offensive . . . better yet, use the Zanzoken you say is useless and stop trying to dodge things with base speed.

6) How about you try ending a prepunch combo with a hard hit and see what happens . . . turn up your graphic settings while you're at it. Some things we can't get to in one build either, all those pretty particle effects take time to add and debug, since we used 80% of testing resources to get melee right (because we only did maps and beams!) you can see that eye candy was less important than gameplay. The team made 200 plus animations for fighting with each character, if that's not good enough for your ungrateful self, then you should be pleased to know that they will be expanding on the melee animations later.

7) I don't even want to address this, you think they didn't DL and play the competition? Please . . .

8)
{ki}ZeXeTa said:
Graphics arent everything in a game, you people on the team need to learn that.
{ki}ZeXeTa said:
I mentioned before about it becoming useless but this has nothing to do with that this is just some added effects to make the game more like DBZ.
Ok . . so do you want your pie, or do you want to eat it. 'Cause you can't have both. Yes, suggestions do come from forum members, but it should be pointed out that alot of this mod is made by the team . . . so where do you get off saying they have no imagination when you make three tiny suggestions and two happen to contradict eachother. The third is just plain silly, your using you movement options incorrectly and blaming the team for your lack of skill.

I'll be playing 1.2, with a whole lot of other people who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you can't be patient enough to learn the game, then too bad for you.

And since when did we ever ban for well articulated opinions? Never. Get overyourself, you aren't worth the effort. We don't ban people who dissagree, we ban people who break the rules.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn. I guess now we know why his sig says, "Who's Next?" hehe.

Personally, one of the things I love about 1.2 is how I seem to even enjoy myself if I lose. I can't even begin to describe the action-packed mayhem that went down while I was playing last night.

I find it understandable that someone might not like the game. But I find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to dare to try and completely write it off as an effortless piece of crap with no imagination or thought. That's just..."propostarous." hehe.

Best answers
Ok first off im gonna end this by challenging all of you n00bs. Message me on Aol instant messanger my aim name is ZeXeTa I will show you I understand the melee system quite well and thats why it sucks. It took no effort to master so you can suck my ****. Im sick of you morons saying your stupid comments when you never saw me play. So lets put an end to this now ill kick all your asses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually think the beams could be tweaked.. made bigger and when u put your mouse over someone, that beam should be homed in.. sometimes when the beam goes past the person and u move the crosshair to the person, the beam moves in that direction, but not towards u.. that means u can't hit that person anymore.. if your crosshair goes over someone, the beam should home in.. make beams more useful by giving a little bit more control

Best answers
I dunno....theyre pretty crazily controllable now though.....you can pretty much write your name with them. A good beam spammer (I use the term loosely...i dont see why its spam) can get at least one or 2 kills without being hit.....

Sound Artist
Best answers
Whoa KI clan.. i think i still have some of them left under my boot from BFP. Besides, most of the members used speed hacks anyways.

Best answers
You know you can detonate the beams to hit anyone automaticly? its a never miss situation

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
{Ki}ZeXeTa said:
Ok first off im gonna end this by challenging all of you n00bs. Message me on Aol instant messanger my aim name is ZeXeTa I will show you I understand the melee system quite well and thats why it sucks. It took no effort to master so you can suck my ****. Im sick of you morons saying your stupid comments when you never saw me play. So lets put an end to this now ill kick all your asses.
You can enjoy your warning now, win your arguments, or shut up, your option.

Flaming was not amongst them.

Funny, you resort to "kicking our n00b asses" when you're proven to be an idiot with your own words. I don't have time for you.

Best answers
"6. Melee..... I mentioned before about it becoming useless but this has nothing to do with that this is just some added effects to make the game more like DBZ. Notice in DBZ when they have melee fights they teleport around and keep going at it for a while. They dont charge into each other throw 6 punches then get knocked away from each other.(the only time they ever use this effect is to emphasize that the 2 people are evenly matched) so throw the whole getting knocked back thing out and the melee shouldnt end until one player punches the other hard enough to end it. When they get into a melee battle in DBZ it envolves lightning and radical wind all around them(All i have seen in this when someone is in a melee fight there is a white orb that i guess is sapose to be energy). There should be wind n lightning like in DBZ. At higher power levels it should be like in movie 6 when goku fights metal cooler(what i mean is how they teleport around because they are so fast and powerful and you hear the boom boom of their punches. "

then again they also didn't have up to 32 people in a boxed in arena fighting a death match now did they? no? ok so lets see you come up with an ingenious melee system that'll work for 5k6ers and broadband users in an arena with up to 32 more or less people...

Anyway maybe you should get less charge time for certain beam attacks if you connect a beam attack with a special combo attack that has a strong attack for a finish or something. So that melee is still the meat and potatos of the game but beams are still used.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Close the thread, i think he's done making himself look like a fool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom