SOMEONE HELP!

Best answers
Okay, I have 2 problems which I need help with.

Ok, I installed half-life and ESF at my cousins and it was working fine. I was using his monitor at the time, then I brought my computer home with me. At home when I open ESF the screen is totally off. Like, everything is to the left quite a bit, and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried to fiddle with the resolutions, but still no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

Second problem is whenever I try to connect to a server, it won't connect and it keeps trying to re-connect, but never can connect. The same happens to CS for me. I also have tried to re-install everything, still no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, well the Screen problem is an easy fix, you have to adjust it by either the buttons, or dials on the actual monitor, if your monitor is new, then you can hit the auto-adjust button. If it's old, then there is a way to adjust it via, buttons, nobs, or dials.

Second problem sounds like a connection problem, What kind of internet connection do you have?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2nd Problem: It might just be that the server you were trying to connect to was down.

Best answers
Okay, well, re-positioning the monitor worked. I didn't think it would, because I thought it'd affect my entire monitor settings, and not just the game. But hey, I guess it did work.

As for the connection, I'm on cable. At my cousins house, he has cable under the same ISP as I do, which is weird, so it should work. And no, the servers which I've tried to connect to were not down. I'm really not that stupid, I've tried A LOT of servers, to confirm that it's definitly my connection or something.

Best answers
Hmm, ur not behinda firewall are you? you might need to ajust that.

Best answers
Hmm, my router acts as a firewall, so I think that could be a problem. Could you possibly help me adjust that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
firewalls shouldn't prevent you from joining any games, they noramlly prevent other people from joining your games. Is your cousin playing at the same server when you try to join. I've had a problem where i couldn't join a serer when someone on the same connection was also in a server. happened at a LAN party and i don't remember if we fixed it or not, but that doesnt happen at my house, so i can't help you with the second problem. Allthough your ISP probably can, call their helpdesk and they probably know the solution to this problem.

Best answers
I'm not at my cousins anymore, I'm at my house now. But no, he's not online when I try to join. We're on different connections now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom