Someone Help please!

Best answers
This gets annoying really fast for me, I install the game, did what Im sappose to do, I click on the game to start and it pops up with
Open With: Click the program you want to use to open 'esf.ico'
Im thinking know problem I just gatta find the program, so i click others since it wasnt listed and I put esf.ico, then It comes up with a error message: esf/esf.ico is not valid Win32 application when I click with some of the other errors it says the same thing, This also happened to me with Bid for Power, and Dragonmod Z
Can someone please help!?!?!?!?!::\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That file you selected isn't the game, it's the file that stores the icon image.
Since ESF is a Half-Life mod, (same thing with DMZ) you have to load them up through Half-Life.
Or, you can make a direct shortcut to ESF by doing the following things.

Make a shortcut to Half-Life itself. (If you don't already have one, then make a new shortcut to the file hl.exe located in your Half-Life folder.)
Place the shortcut on the desktop. (preferred, just some place where you'll know where it is)
Right click on the file, and select Properties.
Click on the Shortcut Tab of the Properties dialog box.
In the Target text box, add -game esf, and If it already isn't there, add -console.
This command tells the link to load Half-Life, then load ESF. You can do the same with DMZ, just use the command
-game dragonmodz.

For example, my Target looks like this, but yours may vary due to the location of the hl.exe file on your system.
C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf

Just don't forget that there are spaces between the file path and the commands. I showed mine so you'd see that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You... don't have Half-Life?
Do you have the retail Counter-Strike?

If you have neither, buy Half-Life on the internet, I got a copy of it for less than 10 dollars from an online store. :p
Or you can buy it in a software store, but then it comes in a big pack with other Valve mods and is more expensive.

Best answers
Nvm my counter strike is the full version, cant get that to work either cuz I need Half- Life....Well as I said would this work?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Counter-Strike demo will not work, but the full, retail version of Counter-Strike will.
If that is what you have, then use the Counter-Strike folder instead of the Half-Life one you would have if you had Half-Life.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea maek sure you have CS full version updated to version 1.5 or Half Life and updated to version 1.1.1.0

and make sure you buy teh games because downloading them won't get you anywhere but staring at your desktop

Best answers
Downloading it to play ESF is pointless, because you need an orrigonal CD-Key to play online, and esf is, well, an online game. Best solution, bum halflife and its cd key from a friend who doesn't play it. Or just go buy it, its cheap nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom