Some radio station

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I got a program on my PC that can receive radio signals from all over the world.
I got to know from this program an amazing radio station called 102.9 MGK,
I think its in Philadelphia. Some of you guys in America know this station? and you know if its popular there?

By the way, if you ask why I downloaded this program is because in Israel there are only 50 cent kind cheesy hip hop, and cheesy pop from artists that got out of our Israeli "American Idol" and aren't more than ok minus, and the only radio station that do play rock and rock 'n' roll is a station that 1 year ago almost got closed because of low rating...

What is the mainstream music in the US?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mainstream music sucks in mostly all countries. People are sheep. Sheep like what the shepard wants them to.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, you think I don't know that? And I hope you don't think I go like this.

I just want to know the US mainstream music because I want to compare it to Israel's.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a program on my PC that can receive radio signals from all over the world.
I got to know from this program an amazing radio station called 102.9 MGK,
I think its in Philadelphia. Some of you guys in America know this station? and you know if its popular there?

By the way, if you ask why I downloaded this program is because in Israel there are only 50 cent kind cheesy hip hop, and cheesy pop from artists that got out of our Israeli "American Idol" and aren't more than ok minus, and the only radio station that do play rock and rock 'n' roll is a station that 1 year ago almost got closed because of low rating...

What is the mainstream music in the US?

Stream a station called "Triple J" from Australia, 99.3 FM.

Best radio station ever.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mainstream music sucks in mostly all countries. People are sheep. Sheep like what the shepard wants them to.
Hope you don't think that you're not a sheep like the rest of us, you just have a different shepherd is all :p

Channel 93.3 and 106.7KBPI are the rock stations based out of denver that I listen to, though lately they seem to only play 30 or so different songs all day long.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm neither sheep or nor shepherd, Deman, I'm a wolf.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's something a lamb would say.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure a wolf would. Good thing you're not a wolf, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an MP3 player because the radio sucks hard around here. We have two stations I'd listen to around here. One is classic rock, and the other plays newer rock... so other than the odd Metallica song, you will never hear metal. There's even one station that claims to play anything, but their definition of "anything" is a bit lacking.

I really don't know what it is with the mainstream that makes it so bad though. Every time a band I like has tried to make something more mainstream, it always ends up as watered-down **** that both the fans and the artist had wish never happened. I've come to terms with most people not liking my music, and me theirs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure a wolf would. Good thing you're not a wolf, though.
I'm not a real wolf, silly, I meant in the metaphorical sense - If I were a real wolf I would be quite unable to post on the forums (although, it seems like a lot of chimps and such have pulled it off on this very forum, wolves haven't got the required tools, namely hands) wouldn't I?

I'm going to assume you're not just another arrogant twit flinging petty insults at me, and think you're hinting to the fact that a lot of people are "wolves" so to say, and therefore I am yet another "sheep". The difference is that a wolf has no shepherd.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, you have a big ego. You think your something special? better than others? or just not following the herd?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not a real wolf, silly, I meant in the metaphorical sense - If I were a real wolf I would be quite unable to post on the forums (although, it seems like a lot of chimps and such have pulled it off on this very forum, wolves haven't got the required tools, namely hands) wouldn't I?

I'm going to assume you're not just another arrogant **** flinging petty insults at me, and think you're hinting to the fact that a lot of people are "wolves" so to say, and therefore I am yet another "sheep". The difference is that a wolf has no shepherd.
I think you guys are taking the whole sheep/wolf/shepherd thing too seriously.

And I'm a llama.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how calling someone a lamb after he calls himself a wolf is considered an insult.

Am I crawling in your skin? Your wounds...they will not heal?

If you take every person who believes they're somehow out of the herd, and put them together, guess what happens. Oh lawd, a new herd is formed. You're like those goths who think they're non-conformist by dressing like vampires. Then they go to Hot Topic and see 200 people just like them, but refuse to believe they're part of a group, a trend, a farce.

In any case, wolves don't announce their presence to the flock unless they're attempting to get themselves shot by the farmer, his wife, his children or the local hunter. That works both literally and figuratively. Lambs talk up a pretty big game but are completely unable to back up what they say, be it with words or force. That reminds me of someone (I'm super subtle).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crawling in my skin? My wounds ... heal? Are you on crack?

I'm sorry to say, Zeo, that you are, in fact, an idiot. The fact that I said I was a wolf means I'm part of a "herd" - pack to be specific (wolves don't travel alone). I'm going to go ahead and quote NLO: "Learn things."

Where I'm from, wolves don't get shot outside of hunting season. Sheep are on their own whenever the shepherd isn't around. The wolf reveals itself as it strikes. I just took a shot at a sheep. See the metaphor? Aww, that's cute, you're catching on. If your definition of lamb is correct, doesn't that remind you of you?

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not backing down from your failed attempt.

frs, are llamas those spitters? Do you spit much? D: The only reason I'm taking it so "far" is because a certain someone decided to make one of his regular smart-assed comments again on my behalf when he recognized something he didn't approve of, and this time I'm not taking it from his narcissistic highness, namely Zeo.

I'm not a fan of mainstream music because it's often controlled by the people in the industry. Sheep are those who automatically just listen to the music on the lists, and do as the "shepherds" do. Wolves, in this particular metaphor, are those who dislike the sheep, take shots at them, and go their own paths (often in unity).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And that, my friends, is how you get someone to blow their top over absolutely nothing.

But for the sake of making a point, people listen to mainstream music because they actually like it. You're simply following the "DOWN WITH THE MAN!!" crowd. I'm not a fan of most of the music out there, but I'm not going to completely shut myself down because I know people are out there to make a catchy song or tune and make money. That doesn't bother me. They have to make a living, and that's how they choose to do it. To completely dismiss several genres of music because of a silly perception is something a silly person might do. I'm not calling you a big silly. I'm far too polite to say that. But I do think the notion that following a separate but equally ignorant herd (Because hating all mainstream music is better than loving all mainstream music!) is somehow better than listening to music the majority of people within a certain age group enjoy is naive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And that my friends, is how you persuade a crowd someone has blown their top over absolutely nothing with no proof or any significant sign of why they have done so. Learn from Zeonix people, and there are few who can't be wooed into thinking as you do.

I'm no more naive than you are, Vox, as I've learned most of my lessons the hard way. If you learn them the hard way, you learn them well - let me promise you that. You however, seem to have read your lessons in a book filled with blank pages and a small black hole sucking only common sense and logic away from people.

I'm against mainstream music in general because people who listen to "mainstream music" aren't considering what they're really listening to. They hear a catchy beat, some hot singer, and consider it music. I have different opinions on what music is, as I play an instrument and deeply appreciate music (unlike a lot of other people).

What I failed to mention was that I am part of no herd I do not follow any sort of "group" in my opinions et cetera. I do not hate mainstream music (although, this has certain exceptions - for example boybands and Britney Spears trigger aggression).

If you believe ignorance is bliss, that's your decision. I believe you avidly support this, as you're obviously quite blissful.

As for your "down with the man" thing, stop thinking most countries and their inhabitants are like the ones in your own. I guarantee you, my people are different from your people. Americans might not be stupid, and I never believed them to be, but a lot of them are ignorant. My people are for the most-part not very intelligent, but usually we're fairly informed, and far from the level of ignorance I am under the impression is in place in the US of A.

It's time for me to sleep, as I have school (to edyoukate my self bcuz i ar ignorants and hates da world and apparantlay cuts maiself bcuz sum przon on dar intarnets iz mean 2 me ;((((( </3 pluz i wantz 2 b zpecialz cuz ir a lamb lololol).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've:

1) Asked if I were on crack because you were unable to link a simple verse to an overused song

2) You've outright insulted me despite that clearly being against the AUP, and is a sign of you're inability to say anything of worth. Don't attack the idea, attack the person! You know what kind of people do that in America, Avenger? Neo-conservatives. I don't know what would be the equivalent of a neo-con in your forest, so you can find it on your own.

3) You compared yourself to a wolf, and went on to say how you "strike" and take shots at sheep. And since you pointed out we're not talking about animals, and speaking in metaphorical terms, that makes you a vicious person. You purposely and consciously attack who you perceive to be weaker than yourself, because, like a wolf, you have something to gain from it. However, unlike a wolf, you don't do it because the sheep provides you with sustenance, but because it provides you with some kind of sick glee at the prospect of hurting someone "inferior" to yourself.

4) You admitted to taking the argument farther than it actually had to go (and thus going overboard or blowing your top as it were) because you believe I was being narcissistic by pointing out you're no different from the people who you claim to hate and prey on.

5) Then you claimed you hate mainstream music because "it's often controlled by the people in the industry".

I just thought I'd summarize your last post for the hell of it (and to point out the inconsistencies in your next post).

Moving on:

1) You admitted to blowing your top, so pretending it didn't happen while the post is still there is a little silly. Unless, of course, everyone on this forum is a sheep and they won't notice the blatant hypocrisy and naivety in each of your posts.

2) Why does being against mainstream music translate into being against people who actually enjoy mainstream music? What is wrong with liking a catchy beat, or liking a song's lyrics or liking the way a singer looks? Because they like it for reasons other than the ones you have for like you're particular brand of music? Because some people want something to bring them closer to their friends? To have something to talk about? Common interests? For being genuinely entertained by the music? No one is claiming mainstream music is the best music in the Universe. No one is claiming the music you listen to (please, fill us in on that little detail) is crap and what they listen to is superior. You're the one criticizing others for not liking what you like.

3) You said you're part of a "herd" a.k.a pack, "because wolves travel in packs". Make up your mind. Are you a follower or not?

4) Ignorance is bliss? What does ignorance have anything to do with taste? How does liking a particular genre or singer or band constitute being ignorant?

5) I'll have to break this one down further:

a) Your people are different from "my people" (who are my people, exactly? Americans? Hah, right. Because we're not the most diverse nation in the world and most definitely are not a nation of immigrants.)
b) Americans aren't stupid, but they are ignorant.
c) Your people are mostly unintelligent, but informed and less ignorant than what you (again) believe exists in the USA.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorance
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intelligence

Now, inform me what you mean by your people being stupid and informed, and "my people" being ignorant and, based on your post, uninformed.

Your views are inconsistent and vary from post to post, you're hypocritical, you're a narcissist as, from what I've gathered from your posts, other people's tastes in music are somehow inferior to yours and they are ignorant for daring to enjoy such drivel, and you make wide and sweeping generalizations.

I request that a mod or admin remove my leash and take off my kid gloves so that I may show Avenger what it means to be a predator.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry I couldn't reply to this earlier, I was unable to join the forums, no doubt due to database corruption.

The reason for my "assaulting you" as you seem to have interpreted it, is because you have done so, albeit in a more subtle way. In my experience, you like picking apart people's opinions because you believe your own to be far superior, along with your "intelligence". You're smart, but because I don't agree with what you say, it doesn't make me an ignorant idiot.

Translating everything I do, like you have now, is an example of bending the truth. Everyone does this, want it or not, I just believe you to be conscious of it.

Let's start with "crack", because it is a phrase I enjoy using. It isn't meant in the way you may have interpreted it. More jokingly so.

I don't recall calling you a nazi or similar, but I suppose you have your way of insulting people. My political views are not based on any sort of ignorance, nor are they based on the "wolf sheep" system. I am not referring to everyone who enjoys mainstream music as sheep, I am referring to the ones merely following the crowd, liking the music for one reason because everyone else does. I take "shots" at the "sheep" because I believe every person should think for themselves. Wolves are not cruel beings, although, a lot of ignorant people seem to think so (I don't know if you're well versed in biology and how things work in nature, but I just felt the need to clarify this)

For your "summery", there's perhaps the possibility I regretted blowing my top. You know, remorse? Everyone isn't trying to screw you over.

Wolves, as you may or may not know, both move in packs, and alone. Something you, as (after what I've read) a person not too well informed of how wolves act. Your connotations to a wolf may be shared by many, but most of them are flawed and have no true foundation in real life.

I was hoping you'd understand the "ignorance is bliss" thing, but apparently not. In my country, a lot of people listen to music with absolutely no regard for the lyrics. I suppose I should have replaced "ignorance" with "apathy", as that may be a more correct word in this matter. They don't care if the artists are making the music for money and money alone, if they put any of their soul in their work (the way I perceive music, some music has soul, some doesn't - not that I like all the music I can sense a certain soul in, but every song I like has a 'soul' so to say).

As for your whole attempt at making me out to be a discriminative a-hole, let me clear things up further, as you seem to have the near-magical ability of making everything out to be evil.

My reference to "your people", is indeed, to the USA. I was not making a reference to race, I was making a reference to culture. Cultures are different in every country you go to. I would have thought you, being an intelligent person (obviously, as you've just managed to make me seem like a nazi when I'm quite far away from such, you must have a certain level of intelligence), would have understood this, but obviously I must phrase things better in the future.

For your "Americans aren't stupid" bit, didn't I say exactly what you just did? And did you not just make me out to have said the opposite?! You should be in politics.

"c)" My people aren't "intelligent" as in they're not smarter than everybody else. We don't have fantastic test-scores. We aren't scoring any better than anybody else would with our level of education and so forth. I've been in five different schools total, and in every single one I have seen a large number of what I like to call "idiots". As I can't judge your country on intelligence, I have naturally assumed you're on equal grounds in terms of intelligence, or higher. Higher not being unlikely in the least.

As when it comes to ignorance, it's a problem in every country, but in my experience with the US and their policies with ... a lot, your country comes out fairly low on the "informed" scale. My country has yet to go to war against any other countries, nor have we faked a report claiming Iraq had WMD's. People just taking this kind of bull**** is a sign of ignorance.

When it comes to "generalizations" etcetera, what did you do when you heard I said I was a wolf? You assumed I was just another of the people wanting to be "unique", and stand out. That's a generalization. You also took all the wolves under one coam, thinking they were cruel predators with malevolent intentions. Don't even bother trying to lecture me on wolves and how they "are", I have been well-informed by people having worked with this subject, as it is one of certain discussion and controversy in our country.

If you've got nothing better to do than flame me, go right ahead, but I suggest you spend your time on better things. I wish I had, rather than post without reading what I actually wrote (very, very bad habit I've had for ages - intending on dropping it). To clarify things, I am not in the least narcissistic (at least from the original source of the word, I don't know your connotations to it - all I know is that it's from Greece, and it started with a man named Narcissius or something, falling into the water, drowning, because he couldn't stop staring at his own image).

What it means to be a predator? A predator fights to survive. You fight for fun. I don't want good music to be thrashed because they're not backed by some major record-company. I "fight" for the survival of the music I like.

Who am I to take away your fun in insulting me 'till you run out of clever ways of pointing out I'm not the smartest, nor the most informed person in the world (something it seems to me, you think you are - but that's just my opinion). I request admins not punish Zeo for flaming me. That's my Christmas present to you, Zeo. Knock yourself out. It's wrapped up nicely, ready for you to tear it open. "Predator"-away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom