Some PC help (internet explorer comes up real slow)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll for some reason ive turned the pc on today (tried restarting it and didnt work) and when i click internet explorer it took about 7-10 seconds before it actually came up. The same happens when i click on my computer. I dunno if ive changed a setting or something, but does anyone know why it does this?

Retired
Best answers
You also might have spyware or alot of programs running in the backround.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, its really stupid cause when i click a link and it opens a new window it comes up straight away but when i click the internet explorer icon, it takes donks.....Well i have a firewall up, but il try to defragment it

Best answers
If you have Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP you can run MSCONFIG to see what you have running in startup.

For a good software package that removes spy ware. http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
If you are running Kazaa then when you run it don't check savenow to delete because it will cause Kazaa to cease functioning.

You could also try defragging your PC.

EDIT:

Note if you are running Windows 2000 you will need to get MSCONFIG from somewhere because they didn't include it with the OS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the help, but i dont have any background programmes such as kazaa to slow anything down. I have windows XP Pro and no idea at all what i could have done to slow it down :/

Best answers
LOlk same thing is happening to me and my computer is doing it to

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i would go to www.download.com and search for adware and gets what it did the samething on me too and its The ****ING LAME **** SPYWARE GATOR!

Best answers
go to start>run
Type reg-edit
Search for "kernel"
Whatever comes up as "kernel" for the registry needs to be deleted right away!

I am only joking! Do not do delete your kernels!!!!!! It will ruin your junk aka hard drive.

Try re-installing IE?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well now its started happening to my folders....so something is truely messed up somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom