Some new lineart from me.

Best answers

I havent quite got a name for this yet, (hence the title -_-'') but the lineart is basically finished. While i was drawing i really liked the character i was coming up with, so i think i'm going to develop him a little more.

This took around 1 to 2 weeks on and off in PS, i'd say around 10 hours in total. I'll be doing the CG soon, when i get a bit more free time.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks pretty good Diablos... only thing that sticks out in my mind is that the chest looks awkward in relation to how he is twisting.

Retired
Best answers
very nice, nice job on the hands cuz those are hard as **** normally. also nice job on the tear in his shirt, it gives the pic a more detailed look. good job.

Bolteh2

B
a thumb only has 2 bones... you gave him 3..

and yeah.. the chest looks weird

other than that.. looks pretty good

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
a thumb only has 2 bones... you gave him 3..
Qouted for agreement.

For the most part... the sketch is clean, but a lot of his features could have used some better judgement. I would have redone the head, basically. Also, is that flames coming from his fingers, or his he running his fingers through someone's hair?

Best answers
Optimus: Yeah it was a mad hard pose to draw, no doubt it is a little bit off in places. I'll have a look at it, see what i can do.

Judge: Thanks ^^

Bolteh: You're right about the 2 thumb bones thing. However, i referenced from my own skinny hand, and the bone inside the hand is almost as visible as the rest of them. I will move the creases some though, so its a little more plumped into the main mass of the hand.

Hwoarang: You're probably right about the head, and i did re-draw some bits including that quite a few times... but after the 3rd or 4th time i got kinda tired of it, and decided to stick with what i had and tweak it as necessary. Also the stuff around his fingers is hair, its the victims face he's holding (but he's friendly really ;)).

(sneaky preview of the CG)
Should have an update by tomorrow. Thanks for all your comments guys, means a lot.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The head he is holding down just doesn't fit.

Best answers
owa: the head will fit in the end, i swear ;]

I have changed his hair this evening, it is all glomphed and replaced with uber long cool hair, looks mizillions times betters. I am also well tired and on a sugary hunt for food, so i'll be going now. toodles

Best answers
"-----They say I have issues.
What the hell do they know?"

**Warning - Graphic Violence**
The deviantArt link is here.
The link is there instead of the pic because i personally consider the image too graphic to show on this forum, where i know kids visit. You'll just have to go to DA to see the completed CG.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn that is very nice, i dont think it looks right with the blood just painted on there, would have been nice if you drew that guy with the blood on him so he could "react" to it. But still very nice.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*** NOT MY WORK ***

Im hosting it temporarily for you, because i believe people here are too lazy to go to dev art to see ur cg, also i resized it for photobucket, hope u dont mind

Right, its quite an awesome CG imo, the blood effect is quite brilliant, however for ur cg work imo it cud use a little more contrast in the colours add some highlights, not as much as on ur Girl with the guns though (she was shiny =O), also i think the shaddows cud be a little darker.

For the lineart there are a few problems, i feel the eyes are and too much of a slanted angle, i think they are a little too far apart as well, plus im not fond of the shape but that cud be down to my personal preferance. The problem i see with the pic is that the movement made with the arm isnt dynamic enough, i think the arm should be straighter and the torso should be at a sharper angle, it lacks a little foreshortening in the arm. It also seems that the the pectorial muscles are joined too low down on the arm, pectorial muscles are more dynamic, in that pose the armpit wouldnt be so deep, and the arm is slightly disjointed from the shoulder (the shoulder should be closer to us). The hand on the face, like said the thumb is a little wrong :p, but u know that, if i was u i wudda tried making the fingers look like they were grasping onto his face stronger with more force. His forearms are a little weakly built wen compared to his upper arms too, they lack deffintion and they should be bulkier towards the shoulder. As i said with the torso, i think the hips should be at a sharper angle too. His mouth should be a little bigger too, at the moment it isnt much of an emotional grinding of the teeth as i think it should be.

The line work itself is great on the whole, however the outer edges of objects are usually drawn thicker to push the character forward, i can see how on the underneath of the arm the line isnt strong enough, it makes it blend too much into the background.

Anyway i think it is a great peice of work and i must say your style is shaping up quite nicely, i like it, keep it up ;)

Best answers
Some of the stuff you mentioned i noticed myself (some while drawing, some on 'reflection'), but i will also take all the rest into account on my next piece aswell, so thanks for them.
Also just so you know (posted on DA) i'm trying out a new way of drawing faces, which is proving interesting :)

Just the kind of advanced crits i was after, thanks david.

oh and i forgot, thanks for the mirror too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom