Soldiers- Heroes of World War II

Best answers
Your oppinion on the game, post it here.

I think it is one of the best world war 2 game to ever come into the gaming community. Being able to destroy everything in the game, having the enemy AI being well done, and the game being so difficult on most missions. This game is a must get if you are like Stradegy or 3rd person action games.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/soldiers/

Best answers
My Oppion

I'll start by saying that I dislike strategy games very much, in which case I may be overlooking some of its greater features. Other than being agonizingly difficult even on the easiest setting, I've enjoyed the game very much. There is the aforementioned problems with the pathfinding occasionally, but I've never seen a developer perfect that (And neither will they ever, atleast i dont think they will ^^).

The AI from the men you control can be rather lackluster as well(In fact, very lackluster..icky). I often found myself hiding the rest of my squad and loading one man down with grenades and ammo to take on the entire map, simply because I couldn't count on my guys to fire when needed. Or they would needlessly drain their guns at a guy laying behind a wall, also rendering them useless. But I will certainly praise the tank battles. They can be spectacular, as well as true to life, with the poor shermans bouncing shell after shell off of the mighty panthers, while they punch nice clean holes through the sherms with their 88mm cannons. The best part of the game is the direct control of single units and armor, with firing, moving, throwing grenades, etc:. Anyway this game is cool, for people who like strategy type games that is, i would say Stick with it and I can highly recommend this game to any action/strategy enthusiast. But if i had to rate this game, i would give it atleast an 8.3 and its not anything i'll be playing for a long while, this game just isn't girl friendly ya know ^^.

Best answers
Well, the game is hard which is a good thing because its called a Stradegy game so you have to think to play it, and they did a good job. The AI can be annoying for your men, but once you destroy a tank and have repair parts its pretty easy from there on out. I have already beaten German and almost USSR, im glad this game will take awhile to beat because I bought it and expected to take awhile to beat and it will :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom