so...whats up with that Michigan

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so apparently in 2 hours (on my clock) michigan shuts down. yeah, the entire state of michigan. im sure those of you from michigan heard about this possibility last week.

apparently theres a budget crisis in our capitol. in other words the higher-ups are screwing us out of money just so they can have a bigger paycheck. so our schools, hospitals, S.o.S's, and sports/recreation programs havent been getting **** for funding.

comments, questions, scathing remarks...? how about just a sympathetic response, seeing as i got my license certificate yesterday and cant turn it in for my drivers license until this ****ing bull**** is over?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well your situation is very similar to one I had.

Pennsylvania had a temporary government shutdown due to budgetary issues. Nonessential government facilities, such as the DMV, were closed, so I couldn't take my permit test. The next day or so, everything was running again.

But I've heard that Michigan is a lousy place, or at least Detroit. How much of that is true?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not as bad as is said, but its not exactly great. our main source of income was the ford plant and apparently they made absolutely no backup if ford was to start failing. so...yeah

Best answers
Well your situation is very similar to one I had.

Pennsylvania had a temporary government shutdown due to budgetary issues. Nonessential government facilities, such as the DMV, were closed, so I couldn't take my permit test. The next day or so, everything was running again.

But I've heard that Michigan is a lousy place, or at least Detroit. How much of that is true?
No... Michigan is a nice place. Its just Detroit and Flint that **** all over it =/

And the reason why Michigan's government is shutting down, is because our governor (Jennifer Granholm (sp?)) is a complete dumbass. She first came into office with a 1 Billion dollar surplus and she somehow ****ed it up so bad that now all the services provided by Michigan's government had to shut down in order to avoid debt. That includes state police, state campgrounds, and liquor sales (thats right... after the liquor store runs out of alcohol, they cant buy anymore in Michigan)

However.. the government did come up with a deal this morning at 4 am. The state government did restart today, but now more things are added to the sales tax (to compensate for the deficit), and the income tax has increased to 4.3 i believe.

Im not sure if all of this is completely correct, but this is what i heard in History today. We had a pretty decent discussion lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it's like Margaret Thatcher became governor of Michigan :p

Best answers
Yea I also heard today that if this did follow through, my school district would have had enough money to run for only 5 more weeks before it was shut down.

So yea, that just shows you how little we have. It sounds like alot, but really... only 5 weeks is not that great. Something needs to be done, nobody gets funding anymore and naturally... its the rich who get richer and the poor who get poorer. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom