So, there's a second bun in the oven.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay, Cuc! I'm happy for you!

Is Maya excited about having a baby brother/sister?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a boy!

And Maya is so excited she's telling random strangers at the store that she's going to have a baby brother. And telling me how she's going to teach him to talk. And pillowfight. And do kissing hands.

Also boy name now stands at Marcus Gregory.

Now the wait till August.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Congratz! Having a child is one of the most undervalued, amazing events in life.

My son is almost due to be born now (going into the 38th week this weekend).

Question: Obviously, being an almost first time dad, the excitement and happiness also comes with a great deal of anxiety. Is it any different with a second youngling?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found out a week ago :p

Its hard to be as excited with so many issues in the pregnancy, because fear is running rampant. But for a brief moment, I was jumping around in the Ultrasound room. I'm really looking forward to having a son, and I'm positive it will be quite different from the experience of raising my daughter. She's six now, and its been awesome so far, I can't wait to have two of them assaulting me on saturday morning. :)

Plus I get to play with the boy toys now. I don't mind doing dollhouse stuff with Maya, or putting on puppet shows, but I've seen waaaaaaaaaay to much princess and fairy stuff, I'm ready for transformers and GI Joe :p

To answer you more directly Raeku, I don't love this child any less. What has changed is you realize all that crap you bought for the first kid isn't neccesary for the second, so this time around things are more streamlined and less stressful on the preparation end. At the same time, there is no uncertainty with how you'll do as a parent. The first time you stare in the first child's eyes, you know you just put the responsibility of shaping another person's life in your hands; that's a very big moment. Its not so impactful the second time, you know what you need to do.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratulations Cuc! I remember from when my little brother was born how hard raising a child can be for the parents, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you have a happy and healthy child.

Also, if you still haven't decided on a name, may I suggest naming him Sub?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh dang i only checked a few posts abbove Raeku and saw 1 week ago XD

In any case congrats. Now might i suggest a nice katana for keeping the "flies" away in their teen years XD

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Congrats Cuc! I wish long life, excellent health, and total happiness to you and your family. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Its hard to be as excited with so many issues in the pregnancy, because fear is running rampant. But for a brief moment, I was jumping around in the Ultrasound room. I'm really looking forward to having a son, and I'm positive it will be quite different from the experience of raising my daughter. She's six now, and its been awesome so far, I can't wait to have two of them assaulting me on saturday morning. :)

Plus I get to play with the boy toys now. I don't mind doing dollhouse stuff with Maya, or putting on puppet shows, but I've seen waaaaaaaaaay to much princess and fairy stuff, I'm ready for transformers and GI Joe :p

To answer you more directly Raeku, I don't love this child any less. What has changed is you realize all that crap you bought for the first kid isn't neccesary for the second, so this time around things are more streamlined and less stressful on the preparation end. At the same time, there is no uncertainty with how you'll do as a parent. The first time you stare in the first child's eyes, you know you just put the responsibility of shaping another person's life in your hands; that's a very big moment. Its not so impactful the second time, you know what you need to do.
introducing your sons to Aliens, Predators, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, are seriously the sweetest moments in life :D

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
In any case congrats. Now might i suggest a nice katana for keeping the "social life" away in their teen years XD
Fixed that for you.

Grega, never give parental advice again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In any case congrats. Now might i suggest a nice gun for keeping the "Mango" away in their teen years XD
Fixed that for you, Eon.

Never give advice again.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I'll stick to keeping my 265 lbs frame and martial arts ability close at hand for disrespectful suitors. Maya's little brother is going to be part me, part polynesian. The Rock, Rafiki, Yokozuna, the Wild Samoans, and Troy Polamalu. These people are built like tanks.

As an aside, VelvetNecrology (my wife's internet name), says that he already kicks way harder than Maya did. That's my boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom