So, That PS Vita

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone found ANYTHING worthwhile on that console coming out, yet? I was originally waiting for the slew of final fantasy games to be released, starting with X hd but it seems like they just kinda gave up on that. The only reason I wanted to get it was for the promise of that game, eventually FFXII and another Dissidia title, but wtf. Every game I read up on for Vita just make me dislike Sony more and more and the upcoming releases are non-existent.

At this rate, it's just gonna be hacked into death like the PsP was (if it's not already started).

Did they just give up on that shit, already?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Persona 4 Golden (WOULD BUY A VITA FOR THIS ALONE)
Soul Sacrifice (not out yet I believe, sounds fun though)
Disgaea 3
God Eater 2 (Not out yet)
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Not interested in getting a PS3 so...)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP only ATM I believe, already addicted to the PC version, would probably be the same with the Vita version >3>)
Ragnarok Odyssey
Assassin's Creed 3
Uncharted
Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta (WOULD GET A VITA FOR THIS ALONE AS WELL)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

So...there's a few titles if you are interested in JP gaming, I guess :V

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Persona 4 Golden (WOULD BUY A VITA FOR THIS ALONE)
Soul Sacrifice (not out yet I believe, sounds fun though)
Disgaea 3
God Eater 2 (Not out yet)
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Not interested in getting a PS3 so...)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP only ATM I believe, already addicted to the PC version, would probably be the same with the Vita version >3>)
Ragnarok Odyssey
Assassin's Creed 3
Uncharted
Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta (WOULD GET A VITA FOR THIS ALONE AS WELL)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

So...there's a few titles if you are interested in JP gaming, I guess :V
Yeah, those aren't terrible but none of them really clinch it for me. I need like a pokemon-level release to buy a 250-300 dollar gaming system. I do like the Disgaea series, though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm waiting for FFX HD myself. X happens to be my favorite.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Disgaea was enough to draw me in. Though I still like my PSP more. Specially since it's modded.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love my Vita and I hope it does not go the unsung hero like the Dreamcast.

I have both the 3DS XL and Vita and enjoy both, but the Vita has a beautiful screen and can run "Ps2+" to "pseudo PS3" graphics, depending on the game. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 feels like you are playing the console version, thought the VFX sprites are a little more pixelated. Gravity Rush is a very fun, replayable, original game that takes advantage of the Vita's graphics and accelerometer.

Then you have ports like Nina Gaiden Sigma which play with a high frame rate, but less limb removal.

I am also a fan of Ragnarok Odyssey, a game you can go solo or online with, with very pretty graphics, customization, and fun combat. Honestly looks like a lower end PS3 game or an HD PS2 game.

I am hoping for more cross-play usage, especially with the PS4. I feel like the Vita has not truly been tapped in to yet because of the sales, but I can play Playstation Allstars and unlock a bunch of stuff, then play the exact same game on my Vita with the same unlocks. I can also play online against people playing the PS3 version, so Sony is definitely headed in the right direction, it just needs some more steam :/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i've seen the graphics on it and it definitely looks awesome. But the other big problem i have with it is the lack of physical backwards compatability. PsP had some awesome games and I now have to go re-buy them on the store in order to have them on the Vita. On the other hand, I'm sitting here playing Dragon Quest on my 3ds at this very moment. Not to mention...you know. Pokemonfinalfantasyfireemblemsonicmarioandkirby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom