Smoking like a G!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of alcoholism, I'm currently on the very very verge of being drunk, if not I'm currentyly drunk right now.

yaaaaayeh.

Best answers
Queen Elizabeth I said:
What I'm saying is, anything you like, that makes you feel good, or funny, or what-have-you, can technically be addictive. When you lose your sense of self control, and will power to a substance, anything, not just drugs, but anything at all, you can be considered an addict.
Thats exactly my point, when you lose your self-control over something that you start to consider necessary, its something purely psychological. When this is taken to the extremes and it becomes more than a casual thing, your body starts to develop a physical need (or so one may think) for that particular substance.
Its been proven, but its all in yo head baby!

;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
StealthSudaka said:
Thats exactly my point, when you lose your self-control over something that you start to consider necessary, its something purely psychological. When this is taken to the extremes and it becomes more than a casual thing, your body starts to develop a physical need (or so one may think) for that particular substance.
Its been proven, but its all in yo head baby!

;)
That's besides the point, it doesn't matter if it's in your head or not, an addiction is an addiction. Doesn't matter if it's crack or alcohol. Fact is they lose self control for it. It's just as hard to stop an alcoholic from drinking as it is to stop a crack addict from doing crack.

Best answers
Like you say, mostly all is a self-imposed matter, then again in your case when i am drunk/rotten drunk i smoke cigarettes but again i am fully against cigarettes when sober.
It'll starts from somewhere and (can) grow merely huge down the track

Best answers
Queen Elizabeth I said:
That's besides the point, it doesn't matter if it's in your head or not, an addiction is an addiction. Doesn't matter if it's crack or alcohol. Fact is they lose self control for it. It's just as hard to stop an alcoholic from drinking as it is to stop a crack addict from doing crack.
Actually that IS the point.
The difference between alcohol and crack, is that the latter contains toxins that biologically induce you to consume more. Alcohol does not.
Will power is significantly reduced when you have toxic-ass addictive substances in your brain.
Alcohol only becomes an addiction if given the time for your body AND your routine to consider it crucial.

Unless you consider will-power to be another chemical agent in your brain, it is different, at least IMO.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Alcoholism.about.com said:
Alcohol abuse becomes alcohol dependence when drinkers begin to experience a craving for alcohol, a loss of control of their drinking, withdrawal symptoms when they are not drinking and an increased tolerance to alcohol so that they have to drink more to achieve the same effect. Alcohol dependence is a chronic and often progressive disease that includes a strong need to drink despite repeated problems.
Withdrawal symptoms, taking more to get the same effect, having a craving, all sounds so familiar!

An addiction is an addiction, I don't care if it's neurological or physical. You can get off both alcoholism and cocaine or other addictive drugs via will power, both persons will experience withdrawal symptoms. Neither are easy to quit doing if addicted.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about Suduka

A heavy alcoholic who suddenly stops drinking can have a stroke or cause a heart attack due to shock to the system. It is very dangerous to stop drinking without either easing alcohol use or taking the correct drugs (libriam for eg). I have been in the room while the doctor has explained all the difficulties of alcohol addiction and I've been to alcoholic councilors with my family member. Alcoholism is an extremely powerful physical addiction, second to heroin addiction, It takes a lot longer to become addicted to alcohol, but when you are you become dependent on it. There's also multiple physical withdrawal symptoms that alcoholics go through while detoxing, the shakes, insomnia, stress, anxiety and anger. I've seen them all, I know the realities of the situation.

Best answers
Skiwan said:
Alcoholism is an extremely powerful physical addiction, second to heroin addiction, It takes a lot longer to become addicted to alcohol, but when you are you become dependent on it.
Yea, I kinda said that.
I wasn't discussing the graveness of alcohol or crack addiction, I was pointing out the difference between them in theory.. I think that there is an initial point where you begin to unconsciously assimilate alcohol into your routine, as this happens your body starts to include this as a vital component for your body to actually function... but like you said this takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom