SkyDrop Delivery - A Retro-Themed BYOND Game

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yes, I actually made this game for BYOND originally as contest entry for one of the contests on there. For those who enjoy retro games, I made that game for that reason of emulating the retro feel. Normally, you would need BYOND to run this game. However, a new way to handle executables (as long you have a working hub entry) made it possible to distribute even with no need for a BYOND account.

And I know several of y'all know what BYOND is because some people used to discuss about Dragonball Zeta or other DBZ games on here from BYOND. :p

Here is the link for the game (as I currently don't have a person website setup yet): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24250760/BYOND/SkyDropDelivery_Install.exe (Warning: May need to adjust volume as the sounds I included can be very loud.)

Feel free to create a BYOND account if you do not have one if you want chatting features with your key on it. However, it is not required to play the game. :D

And for those wondering, I have yet to create a real C++ game (though I have experience with C++).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to help run DBOMM... Still have the Source Codes to it..... I used to play Byond all the time....

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Very nice Deathshot.

Yeah, I haven't been seeing DBZ games as publicly on there since the C&D that occurred on BYOND. I remember there was supposed to be Dragonball Online 2, but got cancelled due to the mentioned C&D. :/

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Even though, I should not be bringing back old threads (even if they're mine). I would like to announce something in reference to the game SkyDrop Delivery.

There will be a standalone version of this game in the near future. It is being developed in C++ using SDL 2.0 as the library. Once the game is ready, I will publicly release the Windows version. Not only that, but the code and assets (which the latter will already be included with the release) will be on GitHub to allow cross-platform compilation. One thing about compiling this project is you will need access to C++11 capabilities since it will be using the provided Mersenne Twister engine for random number generation. For anyone who deals with using GCC or GPP will have no problem provided by the latest versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom