Size

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
How did you acomplish the size change you guys did to make the maps"bigger"? Is there a tutorial? I want to try to do that for my mod, but I dont know what to tell my coder or where to start.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you just make the models smaller. But I am not sure and I know nottihng aobut this. So Yeah I guess thats all I can help you with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what u do is make the models, hit boxes, sprites, ect smaller and make the maps normal size so it looks liek the maps are bigger when infact only ur prespective is different

Best answers
its a really smart thing to do less lag and bigger maps and objects i wish i thought of this one but who did think smaller is better

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I went there, it took me to wavelength. I have known about wavelength for a long time now, but I never found a tutorial on a scailedown.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well a scale down isnt just in the maps... to make a proper scale down u need to have small models sprites the whole package...

so u wont find a tutorial on a mapping site its sort of something u need to figure out on ur own

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well, see, I just wanted to ask the ESF team, I just want a basic outline, not a step by step tutorial. I wanted to see how much if it would need to be coded, and just some of the short cuts that could make it easyer. But maby its like a trade secret to them. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm well its not necissarly the codeing that needs to be done

the only real thing thats coded is the hit boxes and the view that player is at... once thats changed u just make ur models maps and spites to the desired size and poof it looks like its smaller

under the colorless sky i sleep for tonight

Best answers
is that picture on your sig Army_ranger absolutely necessary, that's beyond disgusting

Best answers
Wtf kick this guy (***). His sig is ****ing sick...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's get this back onto topic, guys ;/

Army Ranger has been dealt with. Don't worry about it ^_^ we saw his sig, too, and dealt with that :D

Best answers
in the qc file,

$scale .25

that should scale the models, then you have to adjust the view in the code, and then scale the sprites, etc

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u also have to scale the maps so ur not floating on air

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make the models smaller.I dont even no how to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom